• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
From yesterday...

Playing around with an old manual 50mm/f1.4 lens that my FIL passed on to me.

Last edited:

wannabe

Reaction score
Okay. Round 4 of wannabe's sartorial success. Leggo!

Round 1, 2, and 3:

Okay dokey. Round 3 of wannabe's sartorial success. Let's give it a go again!
Basic Summary of Round 1:
WAYWT8111.jpg
Basic Summary of Round 2:
WAYWT82111.jpg
IMG]
WAYWT112011.jpg

WAYWT1120112.jpg

Doing the VictorSF/upr_crust (badly).
black/grey/blue check suit.
light blue shirt.
3.75" navy tie.
light blue PS.
silver Skagen.
brown full brogues.
Okay, so it's been two months since I've posted here. Some of the things I've tried to work on per some of the suggestions here:
-buying a bigger suit set.
-not touching waist suppression on the jacket as to not make it too tight.
-changing hair style (no more spikes).
-using wider width ties (went from 2.5-3/3.5" width).
-pulling up pants a little (pants are hemmed fine, but I've had my tailor re-cut them to be skinnier, so it might stack a little on bigger shoes like gunboats).
-making neck NOT disappear.
I love this suit and how it fits, but that'st just me doing the :foo:.
Yes? No? Maybe so? Comments and suggestions welcome.

Most of the advice from the last round was about the pants and jacket being too small, and the jacket body being too suppressed. It took a picture of me in a suit to realize, "****, my suit is too damn small!" I've tried to address these issues in the this round of my climbing the sartorial ladder.

WAYWT122611C.jpg

WAYWT1226113.jpg

WAYWT1226114.jpg

gray herringbone with faint thin red stripe 3-piece suit.
pink shirt.
3.75" red/navy/white striped tie.
burgundy polka dot PS.
silver skagen.
brown quarter brogues.

The only things I did on this suit was to lengthen the sleeves, lengthen the waistcoat, and re-cut the trousers. I also asked my tailor to lengthen the pants' leg opening by 3/4 of an inch, which I think solves my "your pants are too skinny/tight" discussion. The jacket is also about 1/2 inch longer than Round 3's jacket, which I feel fits me a little better.

Yes, no, maybe so? Comments and suggestions are always welcomed!

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WAYWT122611C.jpg

Your best effort so far, assuming that this is the sartorial path you wish to take (herringbone three-piece is pretty serious stuff for a guy your age).

I am not too fond of combining pink, red, and burgundy.

With a three-piece you want to use braces as your belt will show and bulge (on a closer look it seems to be your tie, tuck it under your pants or tie it shorter).

Jacket is still on a tight side, but you can easily wear a three-piece with the jacket open.

Nice improvement.

Last edited:

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wannabe: Getting better all the time! In the first picture of this latest round, it looks like the button on the jacket is being tugged and stretched too much, as if the jacket is too small. But from the back, the jacket doesn't look to slim at all... thus, I am ambivalent. Perhaps just leave it unbuttoned.

Oh, and get a different pocket square for this look. Navy would probably work, but as Jamesgatz pointed out, the pink/burgundy/red doesn't really work.

Keep climbing.
fistbump.gif

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you really walk around with that pocketsquare?
crazy.gif

That is a rhetorical question. Is there anything inherently abhorrent about the PS?
puzzled.gif

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wannabe, def your best so far. i would like to see the outfit as a 2 piece and with a white shirt.

its awesome, you took all the critiques in stride and kept trying to learn and do better.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rarely post here due to the crappy shots I take, but here it is:
IMG_5565.jpg
IMG_5556.jpg
IMG_5561.jpg
IMG_5563-1.jpg

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I rarely post here due to the crappy shots I take, but here it is:
IMG_5565.jpg

With some medium brown boots, this would totally rock. :slayer:

I appreciate where you were going with the blue boots, blue socks, blue trousers, blue coat, blue sweater and blue patterned shirt, but enough's enough, man.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Merry post-Christmas, gentlemen!

As promised, a suitable red replacement tie.

The fold of the PS needs a tad of attention in terms of the fold, but first may I suggest lengthen the jacket sleeve properly.
WAYWT122611C.jpg
Your best effort so far, assuming that this is the sartorial path you wish to take (herringbone three-piece is pretty serious stuff for a guy your age). I am not too fond of combining pink, red, and burgundy. With a three-piece you want to use braces as your belt will show and bulge (on a closer look it seems to be your tie, tuck it under your pants or tie it shorter). Jacket is still on a tight side, but you can easily wear a three-piece with the jacket open. Nice improvement.
Although this is not the best here on SF; however, it is definitely your best. Keep it up buddy.:slayer:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is a rhetorical question.  Is there anything inherently abhorrent about the PS?  :puzzled:

I believe the general feeling is it's a little too "look at me" in terms of color and fold... seems like it would be better incorporated by a more subtle fold and if it were more related to the color of the tie. Gotta do something about the jacket and shirt sleeve length relationship tho' for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics