• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey, Sheepy. Would you care to explain the Hitler/Newt/Sheep stamp? I must admit that I didn't get it.

Undecided whether he likes the coat or not and whether to vote Hitler or Newt (I take it he doesn't like Gingrich).

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey, Sheepy. Would you care to explain the Hitler/Newt/Sheep stamp? I must admit that I didn't get it.

It is a metaphor for being on the fence about something. In the political world, I can imagine those people on the fence about whether or not to vote for Newt also enjoy Peter Griffin's point of view, and hence face a real dilemma.

Last edited:

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
security1.jpg

Nice.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

All of this may be true. A double FIH if not too bulky is largely indistinguishable from a single FIH but this does not take into account the version of the double FIH displayed on SF, which is the one that exposes the inner loop of the knot. I have never seen this ever anywhere in the real world, only on SF wherein it seems to be met with almost universal praise and thus this may be why the OP considers it SF approved. Personally I think it looks ******* shite, ridiculously affected, and my initial reaction until I learned it was the SF approved way to tie a tie was along the lines of 'look at the picture of that bloke. He has created an outfit of impressive colour, pattern and fit but he doesn't even know how to tie a tie properly'. This reaction is equally employed when I see exposed side-by-side tie blades, skinny blades longer than fat blades and other pitiful attempts at spazzatura that in reality just expose the wearer's desperation to be noticed when the clothes should speak for themselves without the need.

Gee Niceman, do you have a sore head today, or what seems to be the problem??

btw I happen to think a DFIH looks pretty cool. The inner loop adds interest IMO as in "hey look at that, thats different"

:slayer:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

North Sea Clothing Expedition Sweater. Heavy wool!

Last edited:

cliche

Reaction score
Suit: Zegna
Shirt: Eton
Tie: Brioni
Pocket square: Tom Ford

What do you all think?

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw Tactical post the shoe photo on That Other Website, and had thought to warn him that posting a picture of square-toed, bicycle-seamed, side-gored shoes on this site would not meet with critical acclaim, but, alas, I was too late.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Yeah man. I'm arguably the biggest loafer fan/proponent on here. Those are just not doing it. Ever. Anywhere. With a tie I'd suggest a penny, a tassel or a kilty/tie. Those in no way are formal or polished enough for pairing with a tie. Maybe use them to wash the car? Or, probably, just burn them.

I like the tie, btw. I can't see enough of the jacket to tell how well it works with the tie but from what I see there I think a blue/purple and red repp might be a better play. Seems like the tweed has some blue/purple undertones to it. Green and blue would also look nice.

Last edited:

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"When the dream was done, there stood the yuppie,
the smooth-faced monster of consumerism,
teeth like pearls, eyes like coals,
slouching toward Bloomingdale's to be born."
-- Peter Freundlich

(Sorry, Rob. I love you but couldn't resist. Your photo was just too perfect.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads