1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

I once told Spoo that if SF was a videogame, his closet would be the code for Godmode.

1 person likes this.
  2. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

but but but.........it's Drake's, it's Forvum approved and much blogged, it CAN"T be bad :censored:

3. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Hips wider than shoulders = not a good look

4. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

You note this with the bitterness of personal reality.

5. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I thought coldeye had one of the nicer looks of the last few pages. Didn't really notice the hip-to-shoulder proportion. sometimes snapshots don't tell the whole story.

he's also sporting the rarely seen backward-angled pocket square which I kinda like.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  6. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I agree with almost all of this, but I suspect a J-Lo type of thing. Everything splays out in the skirt like John Hitchcock cutting a patterned jacket with open fronts

I call badonkadonk.

7. ColdEyedPugilist

ColdEyedPugilist Senior member

Sigh.

He needs to learn to stop projecting.

Isn't that what therapy is for? :confused:

8. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

You need more kangaroo in your photos...people like that.

2 people like this.
  9. mjd

mjd Senior member

upr_crust - that windowpane suit is bold! One of your best fits imho - esp in the legs.

10. ColdEyedPugilist

Snark aside (not easy, I know, but...), a lot of it has to do with the upward angle of the shot. That said, Patrick Johnson tends to go for a pretty slim fit, and there is just a little more flare than I would prefer.

Corb, would letting the waist out a little on the next commission help in reducing said flare?

(That or lose some weight off the mid-section.)

11. ColdEyedPugilist

Wait till he gets a load of my pet Tassie Tiger.

1 person likes this.
  12. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Are you brave enough for side and back shots? I would do that and post in the Tailor's threak if you want a knowledgable answer. I feel you need more room in the skirt, and doing that would magically make your jackets look better (they look good now, so this is an incremental thing.)

I also think that some are also confounding you with Citan because of the headless shots and the whole username begins with "C" thing.

1 person likes this.
  13. ColdEyedPugilist

Pure fit shot in obligatory SF bathroom setting; photo taken straight on:

[​IMG]

Like I said, just a tad bit more flare than I'd like, but much of the flare is due to the shot angle.

Opinions?

(Trolling is permitted but does not earn the troll any extra credits unless outstanding in both content and delivery)

14. Alexander

Alexander Senior member

Where are the Martial arts pics? haha :happy:

1 person likes this.
  15. ColdEyedPugilist

^^^Just read your reply, Corb.

I'll bring this up when I see Patrick in the next week or so to collect my casual navy suit.

Cheers
    CEP the Asian who keeps a pet Tassie Tiger and wears unfortunate ties

16. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

You are obviously in better shape than me but I think we have similar "problems" in proportion despite being different sizes (from what I can tell) so I understand Corb bringing up that we may be confounded a bit. Part of the reason I don't show my face is that I am rather young looking and see the hazing other people get for that look. So i would rather it be about my clothing and fit. Also, I am a therapist and I would rather not have potential clients see my face and think, maybe I saw that guy before. Its mostly a privacy thing.

Anyway, we both seem like former athletes, maybe with different disciplines. It leads to the hips being wide thing and it bothers me as well as my torso is rather slim IMO. If you find certain cuts or tailoring works for you Coldeyed, please share them with us, I would love to hear how I can improve as well. From what I can tell though, you may need to let back of the waist and side seams of your jackets so they drape better. Some of my best fitting jackets have had this alteration and it looks better!

1 person likes this.
  17. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

:)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Well I guess I could pose with a tennis sweater and a basketball like a cheesy high school senior picture :D

I wouldn't mess with coldeye though, nothin former about those fists of fury

1 person likes this.
  19. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

No snark from me, cold eye. I like the suit as it is. I kinda like a little skirt flare, but Vox has a lot of experience at these things so I'd consider his input.

20. ColdEyedPugilist

:fistbump:

What also accentuates the flare on the right side is the iPhone pocket in the lining; given the convenience of easy storage and access, I'm willing to live with that.

It'll be good to re-visit the fit with Patrick one-year-and-a-few-extra-pounds-around-the waist later.

Vox makes a good point, and we'll be sure to examine that possibility. I suspect that in addition to more room in the skirt, I might need to widen the trouser legs and increase the break just a tad. I've already requested a higher rise to accomodate for the use of braces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.