• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1000th post
Quick pic. Not so sure is the Tie and PS work.... Newly acquired tie from UT&SS :slayer:

IMG00591-20111213-2028.jpg

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1000th post
Quick pic. Not so sure is the Tie and PS work.... Newly acquired tie from UT&SS :slayer:

post numbah 1k gets a full requote. i think you were right about the ps and the tie, i would just just yank out the ps as the rest looks rather nice.

but seriously man, 1000k posts?!!? thats crazy. get offline and get a life. loser.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

post numbah 1k gets a full requote. i think you were right about the ps and the tie, i would just just yank out the ps as the rest looks rather nice.
but seriously man, 1000k posts?!!? thats crazy. get offline and get a life. loser.

quoted for truth

*snickers while glancing at OP's post count*
:slayer:

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stitch you never fail to impress :lol: I dont know even how its possible to have so many posts in such a short time!

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ROME, Since you've been greatly improving, How about some input on the combo

you really need to take a full length picture
instead of such blurry cropped out pics

maybe there's something in the big picture that makes the combo look better...
like pants and shoes do something to add/enhance or something like that

but as it stands... doesn't really go together
it looks like one of my failed attempts

btw
i am only "improving" because i am going more towards the basics
and staying away from wild combinations

Last edited:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tie is great. I don't mind narrow lapels, but the tie seems a bit wide for them. What is the material of the suit?

Last edited:

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1000th post

Navy worsted, wool / cashmere tie and spring-ish PS produce a somewhat mixed effect, individual pieces working at different seasonal / formality scale. Tie is lovely, though, and with a different square might even work with the suit.

banis

Reaction score
Looking great, K.!
not wearing jeans today.
prkr1213aa.jpg
prkr1213b.jpg

prkr1213c.jpg
napolisumisura jacket / jantzen shirt / hober tie / chan flannels / c&j loafage

Wearing a suit today.
i-Q6PndJX-XL.jpg

Suit: Napoli su Misura in Fox Flannel; Tie: E.G. Cappelli in wool; PS: Drake's; Shirt: local bespoke in Simmonot-Godard chambray.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Navy worsted, wool / cashmere tie and spring-ish PS produce a somewhat mixed effect, individual pieces working at different seasonal / formality scale. Tie is lovely, though, and with a different square might even work with the suit.

Any ideas on color squares? I was trying to bring out the orange in the tie as the overall suit and tie was pretty dull without it

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bbherringjacket.jpg
herringbone.jpg

received a "free" BB herringbone sportcoat today
how old do you think the jacket is?

i don't even think i need to tailor this ... i can just wear it as-is
BOC length is a little short.. but i'll just wear it casually
and no, not popping my collar on purpose.. the shirt is casual and the collar won't stay put

still using the new camera on full auto mode
i should get around to reading the manual before sunday though... as my cousin is getting married and i should put the new camera to good use

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i don't think i even need to tailor this ... i can just wear it as-is

at least 30 years old...and I'd take up the sleeves a touch to show some cuff, and try it on with tie and stiffer collar to get a better idea of the fit around your neck, but otherwise looks good.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bbherringjacket.jpg
herringbone.jpg
received a "free" BB herringbone sportcoat today
i don't think i even need to tailor this ... i can just wear it as-is
BOC length is a little short.. but i'll just wear it casually
and no, not popping my collar on purpose.. the shirt is casual and the collar won't stay put
still using the new camera on full auto mode
i should get around to reading the manual before sunday though... as my cousin is getting married and i should put the new camera to good use

Free!?

I don't think age matters in this instance as the gorge is very fashion neutral in that it would span most eras' tendency to raise or lower it to either extreme. The button point is somewhat hidden but looks okay as well. The lapels are slightly too wide for a completely neutral style but again, it avoids the extremes. Shorten the sleeves and wear the hell out of it. I agree with NYR on the age range, however.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads