• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshaw

Reaction score
Spoo - I forgot I own that tie, mabe I'll wear it for Easter Sunday. Thanks!!

92ad67a1.jpg

Lufty - get the jacket taken care of - it's way too big - maybe some waist supression... I do like the monochromatic scheme though....

5630997035_196c52167a_b.jpg

poissa - Lose some weight?? The trousers waist is too BIG on you - needs to get taken in abit.

older4.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying for the "robot" pose so favoured in these parts - otherwise, just waiting for the next bout of rain (this "April showers" thing is getting rather tiresome - someone speak to the management about it, please?).

For the record:

Suit & shirt - Brooks Bros.
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - New & Lingwood
Shoes - Bergdorf's house brand

FWIW, and have at it, fellow posters . . .

IMGP0434547x1280.jpg

IMGP0431904x1280.jpg

IMGP0432851x1280.jpg

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw
Lufty - get the jacket taken care of - it's way too big - maybe some waist supression... I do like the monochromatic scheme though....

it looks fine to me and waist suppression is going to mess up his aesthetic

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your helpfull comments yesterday gents.
-TTO

DaBatMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
A barmy 26°C in London today
DSC_0059.jpg

Classic blue will never get old… Solid white shirt (pro)… and I absolutely love that tie. Overall it contrasts very nice with the deer on the wall.
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Trying for the "robot" pose so favoured in these parts - otherwise, just waiting for the next bout of rain (this "April showers" thing is getting rather tiresome - someone speak to the management about it, please?). FWIW, and have at it, fellow posters . . .
IMGP0434547x1280.jpg

Must have been “Rock Your Blue Day” and no one told me. Oh well… I love the suit UC. There appears to be something going on with the jacket. Not really sure but maybe someone else can chime in as I’m no fit expert by any means. Could be camera angle of course but it just looks a little boxy here.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
b356f9dd.jpg

Spoo, you serve as a constant reminder that I NEED TO GET MY D@M SPORT COAT GAME UP! Well played Sir!

williamson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
A barmy 26°C in London today
Balmy? I'd call that sweltering. 26 is hot for July, let alone April. Back to the Celsius teens, please!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DaBatMan;4381791[/spoiler
Must have been "Rock Your Blue Day" and no one told me. Oh well... I love the suit UC. There appears to be something going on with the jacket. Not really sure but maybe someone else can chime in as I'm no fit expert by any means. Could be camera angle of course but it just looks a little boxy here.

Thanks, DaBatMan. The suit was taken in some time ago, after I lost some weight, and the jacket does look a bit boxy in the photo, but does fit me reasonably well IRL. Otherwise, I am fond of the fabric (one of the few multi-stripe fabrics that I like).

As for boxiness, that is sort of Brooks Bros. trademark - I'll have to "up my game" with my next suit purchase, though with my height and weight, I'll never get to Spoo levels of elegance.

DaBatMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Thanks, DaBatMan. The suit was taken in some time ago, after I lost some weight, and the jacket does look a bit boxy in the photo, but does fit me reasonably well IRL. Otherwise, I am fond of the fabric (one of the few multi-stripe fabrics that I like). As for boxiness, that is sort of Brooks Bros. trademark - I'll have to "up my game" with my next suit purchase, though with my height and weight, I'll never get to Spoo levels of elegance.
Touche... I don't think that I will ever make it to the level of "Your Spooness" either however I did hit the road running this morning with hopes of dropping 10-15lbs over the next month or two. Honestly it looks like you've lost weight, I can tell, which was probably why the jacket doesn't appear to fit as well IMO. I myself will be a victim of this as well as I've made quite a few purchases recently being that I'm starting a new job. I probably should have waited until I lost to weight to make my purchases. In any event... I too love the fabric in that suit.
inlove.gif

Dewi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by williamson
Balmy? I'd call that sweltering. 26 is hot for July, let alone April. Back to the Celsius teens, please!

He said barmy, not balmy. Otherwise yes. We had 29ish (85 F) here yesterday, but that's normal for this time of year.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewi
He said barmy, not balmy. Otherwise yes. We had 29ish (85 F) here yesterday, but that's normal for this time of year.

I actually meant balmy in a sarcastic way! I'm a cricket fan so often get the words "barmy" and "balmy" the wrong way around
ffffuuuu.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Traveling today. Heading to NYC.

Have a good one!

Mike

NYC1.JPG

NYC2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads