• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have one of those for putting oil in my car. He might know a thing or two about oil.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
When I was po', I was Lo'*
Now me and my Chaps** cop Purple Label!***

Notation for middle-aged white dudes, like Reevolving: * Ralph Lauren Polo, **Chaps by Ralph Lauren, ***Ralph Lauren Purple Label.

:eek: :eek:

mind-blown.jpg

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

You mention that they weren't meant to be seen but find it odd that someone would think they ought not be seen? I guess I can understand the argument that they came to be seen, but, even then, their placement was relatively discreet. In these days of the big pony, when many guys make their clothing decisions based on what is as conspicuous and crass as possible, I'm happy to err on the side of false modesty.

Well, the whole Big Pony thing makes me laugh. Ralph Lauren might rip off ideas, but he does his homework:
tenis1.jpg

Oh, that overpriced Pony (sorry i got it wrong) crocodile !!

As for monograms, I fear it is the wrong frontier on which a successful battle against crass dress can be waged.
We are few in number and must spare our forces.

Thanks guys, I agree with all you say.

For the purveyors it is now all about fashion, marketing, and free advertising, and collecting the cash therefore..... very happily.

For the consumers it is all about status symbols and / or social and financial classification... very sadly.

Most young people want clothing with writing on today. Write on their clothes, write on their bodies. Sacriledge I think.

Reminds me a little of the marking of prisoners, sailors, and slaves with tattoos as a means of identification. Now it seems that nearly eveyone wants to be marked like a prisoner or slave, and i dont seem to be getting my head around the psych. I wonder what they gonna do when tattoos go out of fashion, or their skin sags as they grow older. I dont think saggy old tattoo's interspersed with warts and other icky bits are ever gonna become stylish somehow. Do you think they will wear long sleeves or plasters to hide it. Fascinating stuff the future...

just sayin .....

* maybe theres a psycologist amongst us who could hopefully help out here...

Last edited:

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I need to adjust the color settings on this new camera a bit.... the suit is a dark navy blue with cranberry stripe that matches the red in the tie altho' I'm not sure it comes across in the pix. Shoes, watch and belt are all chocolate brown.

Now this is more like it! You should consider tapering the pants, because they look kind of bootcut.

IMHO you could trade the white pocket square for something more bright to add more flair to the ensemble, but I'm assuming that this is for work and thus you don't want that kind of flair. Just something to think about.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Fantastic... some people are not gonna like it... it's one of those you either love it or hate it... I think it's great...

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

003-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

Man... The shirt stripes and the coat seem just toooo close.. mind bending.

edit-spoiler fail

It would be nice to see some farther away shots, this probably looks way less mind bending at 15/20 feet.

Last edited:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
^ Fantastic... some people are not gonna like it... it's one of those you either love it or hate it... I think it's great...

not sure about the shirt.. the wide lapels and the tie are great though.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Scarf: Saks black label
Sweater: Saks red label
Jeans: Nudie Slim Jim
Watch: Wenger (my appologies, no Rolex)
socks: Pantherella
Shoes: To Boot New York
Jacket: Hart Schaffner Marx

This was for a casual symphony concert. I honestly didn't wear the jacket, it was just an afterthought that I photographed for the pleasure and ridicule of SF.

Yes, I know the shoulders on the jacket are too big. My tailor said he could make the shoulders smaller for $120-worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics