• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Like UC, I really didn't feel patterny today. Must be the gloomy weather here. Which also explains the dreadful post-processing to compensate for near-zero light... Not pictured: the annoyingly-necessary tan raincoat...

now this is what I'm talking about.... :slayer:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rps20111122_185851.jpg

does this remind anyone of phat guido? the lighter material + the sloping shoulder? or maybe it's just me
it's a 80:20 silk/linen jacket that i picked up at carroll & co's liquidation sale today
functioning cuff buttons and unstructured shoulders
photo taken at the tailor's after getting pinned (oh noes dirty mirror.. but at least this one isn't mine)
just threw it on top of my midnight blue suit pants (today's outfit posted a few posts up)

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

photo came out really dark/ not too clear, but....out to dinner Friday night: kiton gray pinstripe suit, white with lite blue stripes isaia FC shirt, new striped orange & gray kiton wool tie from barneys visit, finally got to wear the new brown Lobb laceups purchased from Mr. Porter site several weeks ago (complete with new flat laces from a fellow Forum member, and shoeshine at the Mark Hotel Lobb stand! :D )

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
A really nice New York Sunday: white Isaia shirt, Corneliani ID dark navy coat, Canali gray flannel trousers, Tods brown suede boots, TF sunglasses.

Holiday windows starting to display at places like Bergdorf, too.

Sweet Outfit, Sweet Darling, congrats

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

rps20111122_185851.jpg

just threw it on top of my midnight blue suit pants (today's outfit posted a few posts up)

in my book the belt buckle shouldn't be visible.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

quar

Reaction score

This fit is whack. The jacket fits horribly. The lapels are bowing out. The pants look like they are painted on (and that's coming from someone who wears his pants slimmer than most). They don't drape nicely at all. The exploding pocket square just emphasises the tightness of the chest. Striped odd-jackets never quite look right. To me, your overall look lacks any elegance at all.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dimple? otherwise good

This fit is whack. The jacket fits horribly. The lapels are bowing out. The pants look like they are painted on (and that's coming from someone who wears his pants slimmer than most). They don't drape nicely at all. The exploding pocket square just emphasises the tightness of the chest. Striped odd-jackets never quite look right. To me, your overall look lacks any elegance at all.

Too much uncritical backslapping in this thread- say what u really think

Fred H.

Reaction score
Hey Spoo... Last night I dreamed I went to a yard sale at your condo in Palm Beach. GODDAMN there was a lot of Versace perfume and bling and silken ****! You sure were rakin' it in from the over 80 set! :slayer:

Last edited:

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Spoo... Last night I dreamed I went to a yard sale at your condo in Palm Beach. GODDAMN there was a lot of Versace perfume and bling and silken ****! You sure were rakin' it in from the over 80 set! :slayer:

Sign #8 of "How do you know if you spend too much time in SF": You dream of other SF members.

bubba04

Reaction score
Hey Spoo, can you share deetz on the jacket. It fits you like a glove (as if every other jacket you post doesn't..... )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads