HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I used to live there. Don't know why I left :confused:

Then again, the coldest days were brutal.

Yeah if you are doing a SC casually, make sure the shoulders are not too wide/padded. I have a few that look fine with wool slacks, but off with denim. Isaia has some nice unstructured stuff as well.

2. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

yeah
    good idea
    also makes it difficult since i'm trying to find something for like $100 - $150
    but then again, if i saw a sc that i absolutely had to have, i am willing to spend the money for it

i have never seen a boglioli ... is that something i might find at neiman or saks?

3. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

Looks pretty good. It looks like one of your lapels got tucked under. I don't know if I like the notch/peak lapel shape; maybe I just like them sharper and higher.

4. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

He's wearing an homage to the Tautz lapel.

5. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Beat me to saying that. I like the look but I can't help but feel the pocket could be higher (homage to Vox). Once the pocket is higher perhaps use a lighter PS? Methinks white linen would be solid. Otherwise a lighter color to bring out the windowpane. Also the jacket could be a touch shorter. I generally wear my DBs a bit shorter than my SBs.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011

6. wannabe

wannabe Senior member

Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely keep these things in mind for next time.
    Thanks! I've gained a little weight lately...:violin:.
    Captoes the next time it is! Anyways, I was suggested to cross-post this here: [​IMG]

7. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

I'm thinking you're right about the lighter pocket square, for the reason you mentioned. Jacket could be a touch shorter, no more than 1cm. It's my comfy suit; a bit loose all over for when the sweater vest comes out :lookaround:

8. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Thanks, Kevin. One more scarf and one more pair of cufflinks, and that will conclude the swag from Old Blighty - things are not cheap over there for us poor Americans! As for the tie knot, I wanted something symmetrical, for a change, but will revert to double FIH tomorrow, most likely.

9. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

romeo why dont you try thick as thieves? they are based in LA

10. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

from the FAQ
    http://thickasthievesla.com/faq.html
    I am local in the Los Angeles area, can you meet up to take my measurement and show me samples?

Yes I will meet with prospective clients to take their measurements and show fabric and suit samples. Sizing runs up to 42” measured chest only, if your chest measures around larger than 42" you will be outside of my size range and therefore pointless to meet up. Meetups are done in San Gabriel area of SoCal (approx 10-15 min from downtown) at 5:30 only M-Thu. Saturday morning appointments are also available at 10am and I generally take on multiple saturday appts so your time might range as early as 9am depending on who else is already booked. There is no commitment to purchase if you meet for a measurement/sample showing. Most weekday meetups are booked about 1-2 weeks in advance. Saturdays can be booked as far as a month in advance. All local meetups are done at my discretion of availability, so not all days are guaranteed to be available. And I am a time nazi, there is a 10 min grace period for being late. If you know you will be late please call 5-10 minutes prior to the meeting time. If you are going to be more than 15-20 minutes late I will probably tell you we need to reschedule. If you are 11 minutes late and have not called to inform me of running lateness I will not be there to meet you and I will not come back to meet you that day. The average meetup takes about 15-25 minutes depending on how many questions one has.

hmm
    is TaT MTM only?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011

11. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

yea its an MTM service.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/27754/thick-as-thieves-online

check out that thread. i have seen a few pictures of members who have gotten stuff made and it has turned out really well.

you might as well spend money on one piece that is quality and fits well instead of buying multiple things you know? just a humble suggestion

12. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

hmm
    thanks for the suggestion
    but since i do not know what i want exactly, i just want to walk into a store and look at stuff and try it on until something jumps out at me

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Boglioli is available at Barney's. Their unstructured cashmere jackets are the best fitting OTR jackets that I own. They're very well made, too.

14. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

Not my first suit. For that I'd have to dig up some 1990's shots of me in over-sized Kenneth Cole, but bought before my SF days so it's good to know my instincts were in the right direction at that point.

As for the maker, I bought this in stockholm, Tiger of Sweden. About Hugo Boss in terms of quality, maybe less. But they do cut the suit for the tall skinny guy. Which is nice.

15. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

How's the Bulova watch treating ya so far? I know the last time I asked, you had just purchased it. The black leather band one is on my wish list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.