HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

Thanks for comments. Honestly speaking usually I wear just watches without any extra bracelets :)

2. onix

onix Senior member

Age appropriateness is key. Those who are 20s should not try to look 50s and vice versa. MC is for classic clothings, but that doesn't mean you need to look old.

3. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

That jacket looks like one of those unstructured Borrelli Linosa/Sorrento coats that Vox loves. In his love for them, he's also described how they can be a very difficult fit. See here:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/104131/borelli-linosa-sorrento/0_20#post_1781271
    I think that's what going on. The styling of that outfit is perfectly nice, but he just doesn't have the right build for that type of coat. I've actually noticed that about a number of his outfits. His styling, while not to my taste, is fine, but he's not choosing the right cut for his body, particularly those aggressively cut double-breasted suits.

He's short and muscular. He has broad shoulders and a narrow waist. He's got thick arms and legs. He's going to be a very difficult fit and just won't look great in a lot of types of cuts. I don't mean this as an insult. It's just a reality. I'm embarrassingly short and rather stocky myself, and I'm a very difficult fit too. I spent several years wearing ill-fitting coats, because I liked the looks of certain coats. It took me a few years of experimenting to realize that I need to find a cut that is appropriate for my body type.

He's got a good sense of style, because he puts together nice outfits. However, the cuts often just don't work on his body type.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011

4. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Do these colors work together? The brown suit has thin lines of blue and lavender in it, hence the lavender shirt and the blue Hober grenadine. The PS is for pop, but it also has little blue circles in it.

Is this color combo good, fair, or just plain bad?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. acecow

acecow Senior member

I totally agree.

Something I wore yesterday to the opera matinee. Got caught in the rain, had no cash for parking and eventually missed the first act. Such pity, because the performance was marvelous. Apologies for the horrible quality.

[​IMG]

6. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

First time I had to wear a suit and had time to post since joining forum. Here it is, keeping it sorta CBD, but maybe not.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Fits well that. Like it ^^ more about the photography

8. landshark

landshark Senior member

That is a nice fit for your first suit. Care to share the maker?

9. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

looks good
    where is the sc from?
    and yeah, what is up with the frequent rain? we are getting a lot more of this wet stuff than in previous years

10. jfrodrigues87

jfrodrigues87 New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This is my first post and have just started working in the city...so be nice., also excuse the creases in the cloths (picture taken at he end of the day)

Wearing
    Gievies and Hawkes suit and overcoat( the tension on the jacket is due to my body movement)
    Tag heuer 1500 watch
    Loake shoes
    TM Lewin shirt
    Hackett tie
    Vintage bag

11. acecow

acecow Senior member

Thanks. The SC is Boglioli, hemp/cotton blend.

I don't mind the rain, but I was super pissed at the LA Opera and their parking company. They don't accept checks or credit cards, only cash. And the closest ATM is near the Ahmanson Theatre about 5-10 mins on foot under pouring rain. It is preposterous that after buying 150 dollar tickets I have to miss the first act due to them not bothering accepting anything but cash or placing an ATM machine where it's needed.

12. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I feel your pain. In Minneapolis there are some parking garages that accept credit cards, I love these. Some only take cash. I never park in the cash only ones. I might add that the Guthrie accepts credit cards at both their ticket services and their parking garage ;)

13. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

that sucks
    i used to carry a $20 in the car tucked away somewhere for cash only "emergencies" like that...
    but i always ended up just pulling it out and using it for random things
    so i stopped doing it

hmm
    i am in need of a new sc...
    i used to wear my black brushed twill sc (calvin klein) and black corduroy sc (banana republic) all the time last year ... until i discovered this forum
    love the blue tweed i got off ebay... but i can't always wear it ... partly because of the weather and partly because i don't have pants to match it with (i always end up wearing it with jeans)
    so now i'm eyeing all the sc's i see posted in here carefully

14. acecow

acecow Senior member

Well, aren't you lucky? That, and the weather. I absolutely love the Minneapolis nature. Such beautiful autumn.

Don't rush the SC purchase. Look for an unstructured one like I'm wearing. Every SC I have with padded shoulders just looks retardedly old-fashioned now. If you want to wear one casually, Boglioli is a great brand to look out for, especially for us skinny guys. This one is completely unaltered.

15. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

+100.1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.