• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 v hard to see other than the jacket looks great

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay dokey. Round 3 of wannabe's sartorial success. Let's give it a go again!
Basic Summary of Round 1:

Basic Summary of Round 2:

WAYWT112011.jpg

Doing the VictorSF/upr_crust (badly).
black/grey/blue check suit.
light blue shirt.
3.75" navy tie.
light blue PS.
silver Skagen.
brown full brogues.
Okay, so it's been two months since I've posted here. Some of the things I've tried to work on per some of the suggestions here:
-buying a bigger suit set.
-not touching waist suppression on the jacket as to not make it too tight.
-changing hair style (no more spikes).
-using wider width ties (went from 2.5-3/3.5" width).
-pulling up pants a little (pants are hemmed fine, but I've had my tailor re-cut them to be skinnier, so it might stack a little on bigger shoes like gunboats).
-making neck NOT disappear.
I love this suit and how it fits, but that'st just me doing the
foo.gif
Yes? No? Maybe so? Comments and suggestions welcome.

Great look, but my 2 cents.. I think u'd look even better if yr jacket was longer, and if u really wanna wear those gunboats with a suit u could widen the hem of yr pants

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, tons of horrible looks (mostly from new members), but also tons of group hugs. What a cozy corner of SF.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back from vacation with some new swag from the UK - today's tie, scarf, cufflinks and boots.

Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Turnbull & Asser
Cufflinks - Natural History Museum
Scarf - Ede & Ravenscroft
Boots - Cheaney, via Harrod's
Overcoat - BB
Hat - Selentino

IMGP1297441x1280.jpg

IMGP1296475x1280.jpg

IMGP1300686x1280.jpg

IMGP1293976x1280.jpg

IMGP1294850x1280.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, tons of horrible looks...

For once, I agree with this sort of sweeping statement. I almost never do, historically, but there are a few seriously awful looks over the past few pages. Horrid colours, ill-chosen patterns and dreadful fit/silhouette choice for people's physiques. I'm usually the last person to say something like this, but after this thread had quite a good end to the working week, the weekend (with a couple of notable exceptions like DerekS' 3pc look) has been disappointingly poor. I had a bad dress w/end too, but at least only in the casual thread, and I knew it was bad but was too casual to care and only posted it for lulz.

Hmm, maybe I'm just grouchy because it's Monday.

Now that I've made myself a target, I suspect I'll be slated today - esp. in this quite retro-styled suit - but still, it had to be said!
biggrin.gif

The matching-apart-from-scale tie/square is deliberate. I leave it to you to judge effectiveness.

Last edited:

B|aze

Reaction score

For once, I agree with this sort of sweeping statement. I almost never do, historically, but there are a few seriously awful looks over the past few pages. Horrid colours, ill-chosen patterns and dreadful fit/silhouette choice for people's physiques. I'm usually the last person to say something like this, but after this thread had quite a good end to the working week, the weekend (with a couple of notable exceptions like DerekS' 3pc look) has been disappointingly poor. I had a bad dress w/end too, but at least only in the casual thread, and I knew it was bad but was too casual to care and only posted it for lulz.

Hmm, maybe I'm just grouchy because it's Monday.

Well it's a shame that people like you and others well dressed posters don't comment more then.
One thing is for sure, and that's if I'm one of the people with the style equivalent of a booger in my nose, I sure as hell would like to know.

One thing is to look at the post here and be inspired, but you can't adapt someone else style. So you have to try and find outfits you might think work, with the clothes you have and then post it here. But if you don't get feedback you obviously won't learn or get better. This is at least what I think this thread is for. Or should we all make a new thread each time we try on something new and want feedback?

There are two types of people in this thread. Those who inspires, those who needs help. The problem is in this thread that you get the most responses from the latter, and that's probably the main cause for the decline of good fits/styles

Edit: I hardly ever comment on looks in this thread because I don't think I'm anywhere good enough to make such a judgement. So it's not because I'm lazy, but because I don't think my advice would do much good.

Last edited:

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Cary, thanks. Will do though I am still awaiting my jar of gold....

Vox, can you provide kop details in Tattooine?

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Best so far, DerekS.

thanks! Personally, i wasnt sure how it would go over, glad to hear it works!

Good choice. In fact, you should do this more often - this is very much the best thing I have seen you wear.

wwo....thanks monkey!
the tie is what really makes DerekS outfit :lookaround:

I agree. hard to look bad with a panta. (by the way ed, trousers will be here today...super excited)
Might it be teh Panta?
de tie gotz the beauties whoever made it.

it iz it...teh panta....Ed has done a horrible thing...I hate almost all of my ties now. And I ordered a pair of panta trousers as well...im sure they will do the same

I really like the outfit, but is a button-down collar with a three-piece technically a rule-breaker?

This is terrific, DS, especially with the blue shirt. You always seem to be listing to your left, though. Might want to check the level of your tripod.

The play between the buttons and tie is marvellous.

Suits you very well. And that tie is great.

Cheers

Vic

Or sprezz. Great look in any event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads