• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This actually looks pretty darn good.

:satisfied: Thanks.

This really works on you. I love the tie, is it wool?
Edit: Compared to the fit pix I have seen of you over the months I have been here, yes, the pants could be hemmed up a bit!

Yes, the tie is wool. I think I will have the pants hemmed up a little bit, and maybe slimmed just a hair.

Thanks,

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You would know better than I, but I wonder if hemming alone wouldn't make all the difference.

They are really high waisted and kind of billowy behind the leg. They just need a little tweaking to be more in line with the sleekness of the coat.

Mike

ourmaninLisbon

Reaction score
DSC_3883.jpg

Dig the jacket and shoes, playing each other. Not much about the scarf, or, at least, the way you use it in the picture.

Vic

ourmaninLisbon

Reaction score
I don't disagree, but I think the loafers stood out in your recent post more because of the heavy fabric of the suit than because of the suit per se. Regardless, you looked fantastic.
Absolutely. I hope to own a pair of those very loafers myself one day.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
(Those aren't 9.5 by any chance?)

May be you're right about the fabric/shoes. Next time I'll try another kind of shoes.
And about the size...man! I'm not tall - about 5' 8'' - and the size of those shoes is 7UK (I think it's 7,5 in US)

Cheers

Vic

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

:satisfied: Thanks.
Yes, the tie is wool. I think I will have the pants hemmed up a little bit, and maybe slimmed just a hair.
Thanks,
Mike

Mike, I really like this. It's my kind of look. Your expression suggests you're still angry from the traffic episode yesterday. :laugh:

Last edited:

ourmaninLisbon

Reaction score
A sunny day today, though, alittle bit cold. But very good to take a walk and have lunch at the esplanade

Cheers

Vic

(Someone to tell me how to "hide" photos?)

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Today, snowflakes are falling. Time to get out the wool.

Really lovely.

a47b5b81.jpg

b20af683.jpg

566c2a83.jpg

53f3c01c.jpg

ec5e3198.jpg

Nice combining. Mike's not alone in thinking the coat looks a bit short, though. Let's chalk it up to the pictures, though, why don't we? :fistbump:

-TTO

Keeping the dream alive.

I think these pants need to come up a little. Anyway, it is a fun old Oxxford from the early '60s.

Have a great day,

Mike
Oxxford1.jpg

Oxxford2.jpg

Sharp, but holy cow those are some serious shoulders!

xJlnB.jpg
zWR27.jpg
EdSm7.jpg
zTdmn.jpg

That tie induces in me a profound cognitive dissonance.

Nothing wrong with a little art, bruh.

[spoiler='Sheep] [/spoiler]

A sheep in camelhair? What is the meaning of this? I demand a recount. Or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads