1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Nice colors, Spoo. Jacket seems to be bowing, though.

2. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    7 people like this.
  3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Guy in my office building has this same suit. It looks a million times better on you though. I don't think the guy I work with got the correct size.

1 person likes this.
  4. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

The proper term for the "thing" on the end of any shoelace is "aglet". In the case of my shoes today, the aglets are small leather tabs, rather than being metal or plastic bindings, to keep the ends of the shoelaces from fraying. The aglets were made for the shoes, and remain on the laces (but can be removed, if I were to need to get new shoelaces).

Otherwise, their purpose is decorative.

5. EBugatti

EBugatti Senior member

You're pushing into CBD territory with this one Spoo! (except for perhaps the square, although I think it looks fine). Love the tie--Drakes?

6. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

7. TDP

TDP Senior member

The concave shoulder is beautiful, Cravate_Noire! May I ask for more photos, and who made it for you?

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Those shoulders are intense. Talk about making a statement.

Feeling meh about today's shirt/tie combination. Better in concept than in execution, sadly. The poor fit of this jacket around my neck is starting to bug me more too... causes me to leave the jacket unbuttoned more often than not. I thought the corduroy material would loosen up after what must be around 10 wears now, but no sign yet.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members

Looks dated to me. Really dislike the concave shoulders. Maybe this is one of those things that will look better to me with time.

10. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I have no idea how you're wearing that many layers today and not dying of heatstroke, but this (imo) your best post since I've been on here.

11. patrickBOOTH

Cindy Sherman is awesome.

12. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Liam - I put the various layers on this morning - some may be left behind if it gets too warm, but thank you for the kind words, in any case.

As for Cindy Sherman, she is indeed awesome - the party at the Modern should be a mad crush, considering the work, and all the pre-exhibition publicity, but parties at the Modern are as much about looking at the crowd as they are about looking at the art (and then there's the alcohol to consider :) ).

13. patrickBOOTH

Let us know how it is! I am going to try and go this weekend with the girlfriend. Hopefully Saturday before the Bjork concert. :nodding:

14. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

of all times to use this...
    [​IMG]
    some overall fit issues here, most obvious is the 'collar gap' which may just need the back of the collar to be pulled in or may mean there are some other issues with the jacket. I suspect you're quite big chested? Also, something about the 'skirt' area of the jacket area is either giving you wide hips visually or accentuating what you've got. Might be the camera angle though.
    anti-collar gap! maybe shoulders along the top are too wide?
    little subdued but good starting point. Overall look just seems to lack any real personality. Also that tie looks wide so a larger more proportional knot would look better IMO. Tie's the weakest part here.
    seen the TED talk on that one?

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Yeah, Joe Biden is a wildcard in more ways than one! I think members of Congress and politicians in general have to make efforts not to look too dandy or elite... it's hard to pretend to be everyman when you're not.

Anyone take notice of the Republican candidates' fits last night during the debate? Romney's suit seemed to be of a very nice fabric (no surprise but I wonder who makes them), Newt was rocking a purple tie and Ron needs a tailor like a heart attack victim needs a defibrillator. Santorum.... I'm not going there.

1 person likes this.
  16. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Sartorial considerations are the least of Santorum's problems. I, for one, cannot support a man that presented a 24 hour old baby corpse to his children, among other things.

1 person likes this.
  17. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    ^ That should be the least of your concerns regarding Santorum. Lose a kid during a pregnancy, then judge.

18. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

What would that statement be? I won the 80's?

1 person likes this.
  19. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Don't be stupid. Nobody won the 80's. Its best to pretend that decade never happened.

20. patrickBOOTH

Flusser won:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.