• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

driftking

Reaction score
Munk debate. I know trouser cuffs are too low, forgot my suspenders.

Bonus: doin' the Victor:

Patek 5116...Cartier cuff links

Reaction score

Dude, what the **** happened to your house? I'm 99% sure there is a rule against wearing camel hair when your house looks a sorority dorm room (however, you are hereby awarded 15 acridsheep bonus points if you do, in fact, live in a sorority dorm room). Not my rule, btw, I first read of it when I edited Manton and Foo's soon-to-be-released manifesto on the role of loud neckties in the decline of western civilization. It's a crackling good yarn.

Dude, what the **** happened to the relevancy of your comment? Its my sisters' room, the only one with a full-body mirror, so I'll leave the cleanliness to her.

Ya unless you are host of TV's "Hoarders", suggest you spend more money on cleaners and less on camel hair blazers.

Not my house, not my problem. I'm still in high school so I really don't care if my sister's room is a mess. Witty comment, but as above, quite irrelevant.

yea... the pants are very "SW&D" looking ... got the stacking effect going on
try less slim fitting pants for a better overall look

Is there such a divide between "sw&d" and whatever you call this type of dress? I use many of my articles as both, these black cords especially... I imagine that's probably an sf sin. Also the camera was at quite a sharp downward angle when i took those photos, so the pant legs probably appear slimmer in comparison to my upper body than they actually are. Surprised that I havent got any flack about the black pants black shoes rule, which I quite heinously violated, yet. Thanks for the replies though

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Between your jacket, shirt, tie and square, I think you've got too many small-scale patterns and textures going on. At least two elements should be either closer to true solid or much bolder in pattern.

That's formulaic, IMHO, It works. Shows how he can bend the rules with elan.

Last edited:

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

TB, you should take this suit to the tailor again.. collar gap..could use some shape.. also is that just a 3 button suit?

Cronicmole...

There is no collar gap, it is the way he is standing... look properly at the other pics as well before commenting
Yes it is just a 3 button suit.... look properly at the pic and you will see the 3 buttons

:embar:
I mean really!!

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also....opinions on this oxxford suit? (disregard the blue shirt) would like some feedback on fit.

I usually like what you wear a lot, but this is not good. It might be Oxxford, but there's almost nothing that's working about it - cut, texture, colour (it looks like you are trying to camouflage yourself against your walls and carpet...). It is probably a high quality mix (silk-linen or silk-wool-linen?), but it manages to look like a cheap generic summer cotton suit. Having said that, I have looked for several years for a light-coloured suit that works for me and I have never found one that makes me entirely comfortable, so I may just have an unreasonable prejudice against them, but it really doesn't look like you are wearing this with confidence either.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more G & H

Last edited:

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TB, you should take this suit to the tailor again.. collar gap..could use some shape.. also is that just a 3 button suit?

Yes, it's a three-button suit. That's my maximum.

I don't know what to do about the collar gap. All my jackets do it, so it's clearly me and not them. Also, I've been unable to find an alterations tailor who can fix it without making some other aspect of the jacket even worse. 'Tis a puzzlement.

At the same time, though, doesn't everyone's jacket gap a little at the collar when leaning on a handrail with one hand in a pocket? This particular jacket actually fits pretty well when I'm doing the robo-pose -- at the collar, anyway.

Really Really Good Threadbearer. What more can one say!! :D

It's rather "vanilla," but a trusted Forvm buddy of mine tells me that I do vanilla really well. :bigstar:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Smells in here. That suit's the ****.

Thanks Moo.

Patch pocket placement looks really off in this suit, I can't quite make them out (pic is blurry) but they sit too high. Didn't Frank say anything about it?

Pockets not too high, right on my hip, where they're supposed to be. I know SF loves em some lower patch pockets...not me though.

It looks like your hair is on upside down

I agree, it's a splendid beard but you should definitely try to wear it on top of your head.

I wish I had a choice fellas, I wish i had a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads