1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driftking

driftking Well-Known Member

Patek 5116...Cartier cuff links

2. driftking

driftking Well-Known Member

UC, your'e so good looking you would look good no matter what you wear. You look like a Navy Fighter Pilot!

3. charliepaulsen

charliepaulsen Member

Dude, what the fuck happened to the relevancy of your comment? Its my sisters' room, the only one with a full-body mirror, so I'll leave the cleanliness to her.

Not my house, not my problem. I'm still in high school so I really don't care if my sister's room is a mess. Witty comment, but as above, quite irrelevant.

Is there such a divide between "sw&d" and whatever you call this type of dress? I use many of my articles as both, these black cords especially... I imagine that's probably an sf sin. Also the camera was at quite a sharp downward angle when i took those photos, so the pant legs probably appear slimmer in comparison to my upper body than they actually are. Surprised that I havent got any flack about the black pants black shoes rule, which I quite heinously violated, yet. Thanks for the replies though

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

yo son why is your room so messy and shit?

5. comrade

comrade Senior member

That's formulaic, IMHO, It works. Shows how he can bend the rules with elan.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  6. charliepaulsen

charliepaulsen Member

yo son, refer to my previous comment.

7. deandbn

deandbn Senior member

Really Really Good Threadbearer. What more can one say!! :D

8. deandbn

deandbn Senior member

Cronicmole...

There is no collar gap, it is the way he is standing... look properly at the other pics as well before commenting
    Yes it is just a 3 button suit.... look properly at the pic and you will see the 3 buttons

:embar:
    I mean really!!

9. B|aze

B|aze Senior member

It looks like your hair is on upside down

[​IMG]

10. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

I usually like what you wear a lot, but this is not good. It might be Oxxford, but there's almost nothing that's working about it - cut, texture, colour (it looks like you are trying to camouflage yourself against your walls and carpet...). It is probably a high quality mix (silk-linen or silk-wool-linen?), but it manages to look like a cheap generic summer cotton suit. Having said that, I have looked for several years for a light-coloured suit that works for me and I have never found one that makes me entirely comfortable, so I may just have an unreasonable prejudice against them, but it really doesn't look like you are wearing this with confidence either.

11. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Stopping in to say hi with something that almost fits here since it's been a while.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

more G & H

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  13. crinklecut

crinklecut Senior member

I agree, it's a splendid beard but you should definitely try to wear it on top of your head.

14. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

Yes, it's a three-button suit. That's my maximum.

I don't know what to do about the collar gap. All my jackets do it, so it's clearly me and not them. Also, I've been unable to find an alterations tailor who can fix it without making some other aspect of the jacket even worse. 'Tis a puzzlement.

At the same time, though, doesn't everyone's jacket gap a little at the collar when leaning on a handrail with one hand in a pocket? This particular jacket actually fits pretty well when I'm doing the robo-pose -- at the collar, anyway.

It's rather "vanilla," but a trusted Forvm buddy of mine tells me that I do vanilla really well. :bigstar:

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Thanks Moo.

Pockets not too high, right on my hip, where they're supposed to be. I know SF loves em some lower patch pockets...not me though.

I wish I had a choice fellas, I wish i had a choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.