• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[COLOR=FF00AA]
BORED
Enough To Post My First Pic
[/COLOR]

Suit: Local Bespoke 3pc, decent full canvass, 1/2 shoulder padding, minor concave shouler
Shirt: TM Lewin Spread collor
Tie: M&S
PS: Unknown gift
Cufflinks: Dunhill
Socks: Uniquo
Shoes: Beat up Zee's leather medium brown double monk

Flickr 上 CHA-K照片日期 2011-11-14時間 22.52

Flickr 上 CHA-K照片日期 2011-11-14時間 22.48

Flickr 上 CHA-K照片日期 2011-11-14時間 22.47

Flickr 上 CHA-K照片日期 2011-11-14時間 22.46

Do not Kill me :foo:

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?

I think it looks very nice and agree that it might benefit from being let slightly out in the waist and having the lapel rolled slightly higher (more 2½ than hard 2). Fabric looks flannely in the full pic but not in the close up - what is it?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks good man, nice n slim.
Comb your mustache though, it looks uneven.

:embar:

The flash flattens out the picture, so it's hard to make a definitive judgment, but this looks promising, Rob. I like the accessories today, too.

I think it looks very nice and agree that it might benefit from being let slightly out in the waist and having the lapel rolled slightly higher (more 2½ than hard 2). Fabric looks flannely in the full pic but not in the close up - what is it?

Thanks guys. It is an HLesser for Carlo Barbera. Very soft Donegal like Hopsack-y fabric. About 11 oz. It wears heavier than I'd imagined it when I bought the piece.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
you make M&S and T.M. Lewin look good. well done.

BORED

Suit: Local Bespoke 3pc, decent full canvass, 1/2 shoulder padding, minor concave shouler
foo.gif

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

need moar circle jerks.

I was being serious though, his right whisker looked warped - and it usually doesn't look like that, thought it would be nice to give him a heads up in case he forgot to wax or comb it. I appreciate his beard, and I'm sure anyone would appreciate someone letting them know that an aspect of their image is off from how it is usually so they can fix it for themselves. I don't let people walk by me with food on their face, I man up and tell them.

[COLOR=FF00AA]
BORED
[/COLOR]

Do not Kill me :foo:

Hey man look great. You should post a pic of your entire outfit from shoes to neck, you mention the shoes and socks but noone gets to see...:(

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

o/o smackdown. ouch. I concede.

Wait. I'm going to take this back. This tie looks great because it's proportional to the rest of your fit. A more loose, classical american-type fit. UC doesn't rock this fit and the tie looks disproportional on him.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
checking in....

YSL, zegna, hober, BB milano, pantherella, lobbs

also....opinions on this oxxford suit? (disregard the blue shirt) would like some feedback on fit.

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks a lot worse than what you've posted before (the new suit). You look really uncomfortable in it.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Looks a lot worse than what you've posted before (the new suit). You look really uncomfortable in it.

could possibly be the pose. I may try it with a proper white shirt and a more natural pose. I know theres work that needs to be done to it, just not sure how much.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the third of the three new (to me) BB suits. I can't determine the actual color but there have been numerous guesses that it is grey with a hint of green. I may have to have the legs slimmed.

PB140219.jpg

PB140213.jpg

It was breezy but I'm not sure if I needed to go a half inch longer in the leg?
PB140212.jpg

The knot is as tight as I could pull it. I had to use a D4IH because it's too long, otherwise.
PB140216.jpg

PB140217.jpg
Brooks Brothers
JAB Traveler spread collar shirt
Luciano Barbera tie
AE burgundy Sanfords
No name navy w/white dotted pocket square

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

checking in....

YSL, zegna, hober, BB milano, pantherella, lobbs
also....opinions on this? (disregard the blue shirt) would like some feedback on fit.

checking in here as well
rps20111114_152143.jpg

i was at home sick today... the only good thing about being sick was that i was able to receive and sign for my new BB saxxon fitgerald in glen plaid
first gray suit and first glen plaid purchase for me
taking it to the tailor tomorrow

derek
the pants don't look right... too baggy? doesn't drape well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads