• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For what's it worth, I only wear watches with leather straps with suits as I find the type of watch you are wearing a bit sporty.

imo, a rolex doesn't look too good on a leather strap.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Recently signed up as a member and this is the first day suited up since joining the forum.

Any and all comments appreciated.

Thanks!

i personally don't like the shirt collar so tight, indpendent from the collar style/shape. actually, this is a personal preference.

looks good to me. looking forward to the closure of your wife's "complaints".

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Any and all comments appreciated.

I think you have done very well. The only things i would change would be your tie knot to a double four in hand. Your shirt collar blades are a little short and should ideally at least reach your jacket lapel edges. If you wanted to go for a bit more presence you could change the shirt to a solid light blue and the tie to a darker one with a tiny repeated pattern. You Pocket Square looks good as is although you could 'turn it over' and have the edges / blades showing upwards.

edit: also look at the previous post. If you can get your tie to stand up a bit like IST66's red tie, that would also look great.

Last edited:

freedom_fries

Reaction score

I think you have done very well. The only things i would change would be your tie knot to a double four in hand. Your shirt collar blades are a little short and should ideally at least reach your jacket lapel edges. If you wanted to go for a bit more presence you could change the shirt to a solid light blue and the tie to a darker one with a tiny repeated pattern. You Pocket Square looks good as is although you could 'turn it over' and have the edges / blades showing upwards.
edit: also look at the previous post. If you can get your tie to stand up a bit like IST66's red tie, that would also look great.

ist's tie looks like that because it's tucked into a sweater.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A rainy day in NYC - defensive dressing at its finest (today's suit is next in line to visit the dry cleaner).

Suit - BB Fitzgerald
Shirt - Lewin
Tie -BB
PS - BB
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum
Shoes - Mezlan

IMGP1261429x1280.jpg

IMGP1262680x1280.jpg

IMGP12581001x1280.jpg

IMGP1259879x1280.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cold today (dropping to almost freezing), hence the vest.

(poor quality pic all round as usual... everything looks very dark, but you probably get the general idea).

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'll mostly agree with everyone else and say, you're looking sharp, but I'd agree on the collar shape, the length of the points, and also that you want to get a dimple into the tie.

Secondary point that I might be totally wrong on - I've always thought of gingham as a somewhat casual design? Seeing it with french cuffs and on a conservative business dress suit throws me off a bit. A windowpane would feel more at home to me, but I don't know if others share this prejudice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads