1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deandbn

deandbn Senior member

Like it... I love it Mister.... fresh, young, modern, bright, zany, spunky... Oh yes :D

Criticism: shirt and jacket sleeves a bit long.

ps: I wish i was young enough to wear Corneliani!! :nodding:

2. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Against my better judgement, I will start a thread about this topic later this evening.

It will be called, "Practical Thoughts on Coherent Combinations for Beginners."

It will not be about color. It will not be about texture. It will not be about pattern. It will not be about fit. It will not be a complaint about the standard of dress currently on the MC forum.

And it will be about all those things anyway.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
    3 people like this.
  3. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

4. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

:lurk: x100

5. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

1 person likes this.
  6. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

Should prove useful.

7. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

I went through the entire CBD thread two nights ago, which is why I started collecting your photos and gdl's. I agree the conversation is often more valuable than the pictures. I have not seen the Andersen & Sheppard Expatriates thread, but that will be my next stop. I appreciate the suggestions!

8. cliche

cliche Senior member

Haha thanks alot! The shirt maybe is little long will tailor that. But the jacket is straight from a tailor you think its long?

I didn't know corneliani only was for young people is it :p?

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

So glad I wore this tie today. And it's cashmere. All your contentions are now moot. :lol:

10. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    For those of you who commented on my lack of a pocket square (and to others who require a pocket square with every jacket): I feel less and less like a pocket square is mandatory. Sometimes, I prefer to let other elements of my fit do the talking. In today's case, for example, with a windowpane jacket and a check shirt, I felt a pocket square would be adding a superfluous focal point, and take what some might believe is an already disjointed fit, and make it even more jarring.

In general, for odd patterned jackets combined with patterned shirts, my personal preference is frequently to forego the pocket square. I have no idea if this is technically correct or not, but the mere fact that it even occurs to me means it is most likely as rooted in good science as gravity and calculus.

Please note: I do, however, always carry a handkerchief to dry tears of ecstasy from the glassy eyes of smitten females.

2 people like this.
  11. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

Today:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

I like nearly everything that starts with "against my better judgment" when it is from someone whose judgment I respect. Hilarity, intentional or not, typically follows.

13. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks for reminding us of this thread, TRINI. While much just has to be left to the eye and taste, there are things that I see working well together over and over again. One that I've been noticing recently is similarly-spaced lines and dots/neats/florals. I've reblogged a bunch of them on my tumblr. Every time I see the two together it's a win. Thin lines and thick stripes (on a tie usually) are another combination that is a good place to start.

14. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Where do you buy your suits! I love them. I want a pin-stripe suit so badly bud haven;t been able to find anything. Sak and Neiman's are all blacky ,navy and grey.

15. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Yea that's what they were running OTR.

16. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

zzzz

17. deandbn

deandbn Senior member

The jacket is probably the correct length then and you just need to pull your cuffs thru a bit more maybe.

No Corneliani is not only for young people, but i think their marketing is directed toward the younger who can take the slimmer fits etc.

18. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Suddenly I remembered why I don't take pics outdoors on windy winter days with direct sun ...

[​IMG]

Truer colors below. Footwear, not pictured, is dark brown RM Williams chelseas.

[​IMG]

Tweed and white shirts don't mix. I look forward to Vox's instructional thread.

9 people like this.
  19. Tibor

Tibor Senior member

Is your tie from Cable Car Clothiers?

20. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I always thought tattersail was made for tweed :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.