• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

banis

Reaction score
i-6Rjcbbr-XL.jpg
i-RMDw73P-XL.jpg

i-mSj2j39-XL.jpg

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Banis, first let me say that I love that you love clothes. Clearly you have your clothes made for you. This is lodevole. I especially like the fabric, and the swelled edges. However, could the sleeveheads be a bit smaller? Just a wee bit?

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love the tie! Deets?

John Nordstrom. It's one of the few dept store ties that survived The Great Tie Culling of 2010.

you don't overdo things. understated elegance, your furnishings rarely clash with your fits, and esp your shoes are never clunky horrors. like this a lot-

You have a short memory, sir, and I thank you for that. :fistbump:

banis

Reaction score

Banis, first let me say that I love that you love clothes. Clearly you have your clothes made for you. This is lodevole. I especially like the fabric, and the swelled edges. However, could the sleeveheads be a bit smaller? Just a wee bit?

Thanks! I don't think that it is really that big. Also, all that shirring mappina effect on the sleevehead is due to that sleeve is bigger than the armhole, which may also influence impression.
its not that serious, you know.

:eek:)

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Upr_crust -

I worked in NYC for years. We had an office in the WTC in the early '90s but moved uptown to Lex & 52nd St.

I worked in computer support at various law firms in Manhattan, on Wall St., upper East Side, etc.

I'm still the best dressed support engineer in our company. I live in Southern California, a little north of Los Angeles.

Nice outfit, old buddy.

Looking forward to seeing more of your gear.

Best, Steve Downing
Thank you, Mr. Downing. It's good to see that sartorial standards are being maintained in the land of eternal sunshine, T-shirts and shorts :D. It was suggested yesterday by one of the regular posters here that I do a series of double-breasted suits this week, after my week of three-piece suits last week. Alas, the series will only be two - the rest of my double-breasted suit collection was too large by half after I lost weight a couple of years ago, and went to the charity shops. Suit - BB MTM Shirt - Lewin Tie - Andrew's Ties PS - Robert Talbott Cufflinks - BB Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
IMGP1249479x1280.jpg
IMGP1250679x1280.jpg
IMGP12461072x1280.jpg
IMGP1247851x1280.jpg

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take no responsibility for the office decor in the shots below. They are the undoubtedly hand-picked selections of an otherwise affable true religion/affliction wearing Herman Cain supporter.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They're the bottom half of a DB Ferragamo suit I got towards the start of this year. Last year's collection, I think, so you may or may not find it in stores this year. I dig the pattern a lot myself; most grey checks tend to be more subdued but I like the boldness of these. Millions wouldn't... ;)

barims - thanks... I've been thinking about getting an ascot and doing the full Victorian gentleman... :)

Close-up looks kind of wonky/weird angle for some reason:

Savoir

Reaction score

I get a lot of hate on here, anyways:

You are not getting any hate, you are getting advice. I recommend you use that advice, because there is no point in posting your fits without any will to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads