• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes there are - I was asking Malford of London
It's a Zegna for Dunhill Wool / Cashmere mix birdseye.
Great shoes, what are they?
Those are EG for RL ("Grant")
Thanks, I need another pair of dress shoes. I typically buy AE because you can get them at good prices when seconds go on sale. I have park avenues, strands, and van ness. I have been looking at a "monks-strap" similar to these for a while, which of these three do you think is best suited for suits? I threw in the lombard because I like lace-ups...I will be purchasing the shoe in black. Lombard Boston Norwich

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like them too, but I see what he is saying. cufflinks/jeans just seems off to me too.

+1. Also cufflinks with casual leather jacket. (or lizardskin - appointed denim jacket as part of a Canadian tuxedo)!

The whole 'cufflinks witha sportcoat / blazer / open neck thing has been done before on here without a consensus IIRC, but mixing such disparate levels of formality as in Victor's pic just doesn't work for me.

ianGP

Reaction score
in a bit of a rush today but managed to snap a few:

Canali1.jpg

Canali2.jpg

Canali4.jpg

Canali6.jpg

Canali8.jpg

Vintage Canali? Got it off the 'bay for $70 :D
Canali10.jpg

Suit: Canali
Shirt: BB
Tie: Zegna Couture
Shoes: G&G
Yachtmaster, Prada glasses

Got a feeling I should take it to my tailor to have the skirt flare out abit more?
I don't know why my shoulders pucker up so much.... looks fine when I'm fixing myself in the mirror.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^This is your bigger problem, from which I also occasionally suffer:

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't usually post here because it isa bit out of my league, and I seldom have call for a tie.
Kiton light wool coat (probably the last time this season)
Hermes MTM shirt
Brioni cords
Ferragamo driving moccasins.

If you skip the pics, and just list the incredible brands you wear, you will inherit the mantle of the legendary KitonBrioni.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lufty - this is one of your best fitting jackets. And its being thrown off by the baggy pants. I think it usually works if you go baggy on baggy ala o/o or fitted on fitted ala almost everyone else ... lol.

lufty, jfc, please don't do that again.
spoo, I think your brown coat would look better with lighter pants, more of a mid gray,
TTO, while every piece is good in itself, I think the shirt and tie patterns don't work together.

i agree with this - first thing that jumped out at me. the shirt is nice and so is the tie. both with the p/s don't jive.

the buttoning points are too low. its causes some problems with the midsection of your body. unfortunately, i dont know if it is something a tailor can remedy.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket. Shoulders extend too far. You'll see "divots" where the arm meets the shoulder. A competent tailor can fix.

ianGP

Reaction score

...the buttoning points are too low. its causes some problems with the midsection of your body. unfortunately, i dont know if it is something a tailor can remedy.

I see it now! I knew it looked a bit funny (still learning ;))
I'll have to live with it I guess. Not bad overall for $70

Jacket. Shoulders extend too far. You'll see "divots" where the arm meets the shoulder. A competent tailor can fix.

I'm debating this.... kinda hesitant though when the cost for alteration is more than the cost of the entire suit.

When i first saw this, I was like, that tie looks very familiar... Then it dawned on me I sold it to ya!
Looks fantastic on you!! :slayer:

Ah yes! I LOVE this tie! Mucho thanks again :)

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Canali1.jpg

Canali2.jpg

Canali4.jpg

Canali6.jpg

Canali8.jpg

Vintage Canali? Got it off the 'bay for $70 :D
Canali10.jpg

Suit: Canali
Shirt: BB
Tie: Zegna Couture
Shoes: G&G
Yachtmaster, Prada glasses
Got a feeling I should take it to my tailor to have the skirt flare out abit more?
I don't know why my shoulders pucker up so much.... looks fine when I'm fixing myself in the mirror.

Did you have this jacket shortened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads