1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

I dont know if everyone was too busy oohing and ahhing at the shoes (I was too) but the fold on this PS is just spectacular. Its like a nautilus shell. I like. Alot.

All you guys have been so very inspirational, so finally i decided to have a try myself.

Hmm... Spoo-rific? [​IMG]

2. UpperWestie

UpperWestie Senior member

Well played. But does it squirt water at least?
    All you guys have been so very inspirational, so finally i decided to have a try myself. That was what i wore today, an usual office day... [​IMG] Feel free to comment...if you got to tear me apart, go ahead...but could you at least try to make me laugh doing so? [​IMG]

3. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

4. cchen

cchen Senior member

the last jacket looks a bit boxy compared to the others but great combinations all around

5. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

All you guys have been so very inspirational, so finally i decided to have a try myself.

That was what i wore today, an usual office day...

Feel free to comment...if you got to tear me apart, go ahead...but could you at least try to make me laugh doing so? [​IMG]

You wore that "flower" to work?..............

6. spoozy

spoozy Senior member

Well played. But does it squirt water at least?

No, but it´s playing a melody if you gently press it [​IMG]

7. spoozy

spoozy Senior member

You wore that "flower" to work?..............

Yes, work in my case means "working in a creative business". They even wear shorts and Flip-Flops round here...

8. harry2quinn

harry2quinn Senior member

fuck fuck fuck
    Surprisingly eloquent. I've always been a strong believer in the versatile contextual use of fuck.
    Working wednesday: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Shoes: Grenson Rose 'Radley' Chinos: M&S Cotton SC: Hilfiger Shirt: Thin Red Line Cotton Tie: M&S PS: ? Hat: Tress & Co?
    Awesome. There is just so much subtlety in the details going on here, I couldn't just gloss over it. Great shoes. Really nice touch toning the shoes with the PS... gonna have to keep that little trick in mind. Perfect break in the trousers to go with the shoes. Beautiful tie. M&S is Marks & Spencer I assume? What I especially like about this outfit is that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. The shoes and tie are envy-evoking, but the other articles are all simple - commonplace, even - but together... [​IMG]
    All you guys have been so very inspirational, so finally i decided to have a try myself. That was what i wore today, an usual office day... [​IMG] Feel free to comment...if you got to tear me apart, go ahead...but could you at least try to make me laugh doing so? [​IMG]
    The PS is too similar to the jacket, not sold on the relatively broad stripes on the jacket, but liking the waist suppression, solid overall.

9. harry2quinn

harry2quinn Senior member

Kiton tie, D&G jacket, bespoke shirt and pants, RL linen PS, AE Park Avenue, H&M socks. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Wish I had a straight-on close-up of the Windsor. I'm getting closer to the elusive concave triangle Christian Bale sported in the Dark Knight. Before any of the dozens of hawk-eyes in the house spot it and point it out, the last time I wore this jacket two of the sleeve buttons started unraveling so I removed all of them. Forgot that little fact and wore the jacket today, I'll be taking it to the tailor in the near future.

10. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    [​IMG]
    If someone were to describe this color combo to me in writing, I'd say "No way; won't work," but it actually works very well indeed. I recently purchased a shirt very much like this one, and now I have a new way to wear it. Thanks!

11. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

Threadbearer, If someone were to describe this color combo to me in writing, I'd say "No way; won't work," but it actually works very well indeed. I recently purchased a shirt very much like this one, and now I have a new way to wear it. Thanks!

Can't wait to see your version, Thread...[​IMG]

T

12. tim_horton

tim_horton Senior member

[​IMG]

I really like the way the pattern of the tie compliments the pattern of the jacket, and the color of the tie compliments the color of the shirt.

Who makes the tie?

I may rip off this look![​IMG]

13. srivats

srivats Senior member

[​IMG]
    I like this a lot. Well done, G. Where is the tie from? ps: close up of shells please. [​IMG]

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Oh how I hate to get up, hate to get up, hate to get up in the morning...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Haven't gotten around to posting lately ... last several days below.

[​IMG]

effing awesome!!!

[​IMG]

i covet thy shoooz!!

No, not back yet and no rain at all... 100 degrees and sunny actually. While my pics don't hold a candle to Vox's, I thought this one was rather amusing.

[​IMG]

They see me rollin'

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

late to the party, but amazing combo oldog/oldtrix ... so much inspiration. i have similar pieces, but will never have put them together that way ... respeck!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.