HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

The Sweetest Loss I've Ever Known!!

Ghana Great!!
    Ghana Glorious!!!
    [​IMG]

2. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

Ghana Great!!
    Ghana Glorious!!!
    [​IMG]

I guess you and Barima are as drunk as Hans&Fritz!

3. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

Ghana Great!!
    Ghana Glorious!!!
    [​IMG]

Enjoy it, now, Nii. Team USA is next!

4. Tibor

Tibor Senior member

This is fantastic. Is that an original Stetson or a current model?

Thank you.[​IMG] It is a 1940's Royal Stetson. The brim is 2 11/16 inches wide.

5. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

DG jacket
    LP shirt
    LP pant
    NM belt
    Armani socks
    JL bluchers
    Creed cologne
    Piaget watch

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I know how much you guys love athletic gear, so I'll spare you the Home USA Clint Dempsey jersey, but I am also keenly aware of how many of you have this strange foot fetish, so to show my pride in my team, and keep y'all happy:

[​IMG]

Red white and blue baby!!!! The internet connection in all of the NYC public schools was down all day, but I was lucky enough to have a friend in the neighborhood drive me his laptop with a digital tv receiver and I watched the glory on univision with the sound off. I wept in front of all the 8th graders who returned to help clean up (about 35of them). I've cried that way three times in my life, when my children were born and today. Its hard to explain what it felt like today. As a player all my life in this country to hear countless foreigners rightfully deride our national program hurts, but it just made today feel all that much greater. On to bigger and better things. Watch out Barims and Nii, Sam's Army is rolling your way!

7. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Same monochromatic outfit.
    [​IMG]

sweet photoshop

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

They look a good find. Nice SC too.

Thanks MoK - and lovely fit from you today. Did you change the settings or your camera? Your shot looks especially crisp today.

As always, you look great.

I don't think the shoes are quite "Spoo" enough- they stand out and make a statement but not in what I would consider a "Spoo-listic" manner. That being said, they still look good and everything works...I always look forward to your pics as I find them inspiring.

I missed Spoo-listic-ness? I thought I Spooed all over the fit today. [​IMG]

Sweet spectators. I am sure the splooge will fly for this fit. I like the SC as well.

Splooge or Spoo-ge? [​IMG]

In regards to your fit - your never ending SC collection is fascinating. If I may offer up my .02 - I think the lapel of your jacket is a bit incongruous with your shirt collar - the jacket almost looks like a shawl collar as it is rather long and slim. Thats just a minor thing as it just caught my eye, but great fit and lovely shoes too.

This is, in principle, dashing, but - and I am giving him quite the press today - a ManofKent-esque texturing would not go amiss

Specifically, the tie: a burgundy knit or grenadine seems more appealing given the jaunty nature of your outfit

Thanks Barims - and I agree with you - although my only knit tie is a boring navy blue.. I have been noticing in past weeks I need to expand on that area of my arsenal. Did I tell you your glasses yesterday were off the effing chain? [​IMG]

Im always amazed at how you find these vintage illustrations for your fits that match to a T. Do you look at them and then get dressed, or put on your outfit then go back to your archive and find a reference?

So, they fit? I think you made them work good. I always think of spectators with lighter pants, but why not try something different?

They fit, just barely though. By 5:00 I had to walk to do some errands and I thought my pinky toe was going to rub off. [​IMG] I love them too much to part with them though. Got stopped everywhere I went for the shoes.

Nice use of the solid tie.

Thank you - I think I wore 2 solid ties this week, which for me is a record.

Love those shoes. Not quite buying them with the outfit, but they're great!

Its OK if youre not buying - Im not selling! [​IMG] In all seriousness - what element threw it off for you - the pants?

Hey Spoo, where might one happen upon spectators such as those--they certainly are lovely!

Hi Newcomer - I happened to get very, very lucky on these Crockett & Jones on a tip from a fellow SF'er in the B&S thread.

That briefcase is [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

I like the cuff. hahaha Is this a nod to the Sart? http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/...-florence.html

Very nice! I love the details. The shoes are just fine.

10. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Red white and blue baby!!!! The internet connection in all of the NYC public schools was down all day, but I was lucky enough to have a friend in the neighborhood drive me his laptop with a digital tv receiver and I watched the glory on univision with the sound off. I wept in front of all the 8th graders who returned to help clean up (about 35of them). I've cried that way three times in my life, when my children were born and today. Its hard to explain what it felt like today. As a player all my life in this country to hear countless foreigners rightfully deride our national program hurts, but it just made today feel all that much greater. On to bigger and better things. Watch out Barims and Nii, Sam's Army is rolling your way!

Deja vu maybe?

11. unjung

unjung Senior member

12. EBugatti

EBugatti Senior member

Figured I would start the week with the volume on low:

[​IMG]

Spoo--don't let the straight-laced, rule-spewing onservatives on here dissuade you from being yourself! While the above is certainly a nice look, feel free to "turn up the volume" if you wish. Remember, if everyone just went by the most consensus-accepted looks, style would never evolve and we would all be North Korea. [​IMG]

13. EBugatti

EBugatti Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Excellent! A great look all around. Love the extreme cutaway collar on the Finamore shirt. Who makes the tie?

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Spoo--don't let the straight-laced, rule-spewing onservatives on here dissuade you from being yourself! While the above is certainly a nice look, feel free to "turn up the volume" if you wish. Remember, if everyone just went by the most consensus-accepted looks, style would never evolve and we would all be North Korea. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Thanks man - It was 1/2 and 1/2 - I didnt want to start my week getting hammered by my internet friends, and I also had a few meetings that day.

But tomorrow is my last day at work before a weeks vacay, so I may bring the scale up a bit...[​IMG]

15. southernstyle

southernstyle Senior member

Steeple Chase this past weekend. I apologize for the picture quality [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.