HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG][/url]

- B

[​IMG]

2. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

ld111134 - Im missing the Gershwin reference..... [​IMG]?

You quoted the song "Summertime" ("...and the living is easy") composed by George Gershwin with lyrics by DuBose Hayward from the opera Porgy and Bess

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You quoted the song "Summertime" ("...and the living is easy") composed by George Gershwin with lyrics by DuBose Hayward from the opera Porgy and Bess

Aha... you always pick up the most unusual bits about posts. I love that! Thanks for the explanation.

4. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

Aha... you always pick up the most unusual bits about posts. I love that! Thanks for the explanation.

Thanks, Spoo...and you keep bringin' it with the stylin' fits.

5. OffTheRack

OffTheRack Senior member

Hmm. Not some peoples taste, sure I can understand, but a train wreck? I think thats a little far flung. The shoes and PS may be extreme for some, but I dont think any of it was really out of context - the photos were taken in direct sunlight, yes. Also with an iPhone, not a Leica. [​IMG] Here are some lowlight pics, but really - a train wreck? [​IMG]
    I do think that the correct white balance helps this look a lot--in the previous photo it was really hard to see that the shirt isn't so in your face, but a basic gingham. And my comment to Onix was just sarcasm because I thought it was obvious that you took your picture in direct sunlight--I wasn't trying to thrown any more criticism your way. But I'm still not feeling that shade of blue and the micro-texture with that shade of brown gingham with that shade of yellow square--just doesn't seem complimentary to me. All of the colors clash, and not in a good way to me, which makes it seem kind of forced/trying too hard. I also agree that the dark brown and dark blue of the suit is just a bit too much dark with dark. Different strokes for different folks.

6. harry2quinn

harry2quinn Senior member

[​IMG]
    I like the textures and patterns here.
    i like the tie ... but not with the shirt.
    +1
    [​IMG]
    Awesome. Love the socks, the shoes, and even the tie (I'm usually put to sleep by repp, but strangely, not here). But the next one...
    Summertime and the livin' is(nt) easy Tuesday : [​IMG]
    Aw, who am I kidding, I love this too.
    [​IMG]
    Great tie and look overall.
    [​IMG]
    Love the tie and (serendipitous) flair. John Bartlett orphaned jacket, Thin Red Line tie, Incotex pants, Church/Cheaney slip-ons, custom silver knot cufflinks. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thanks, Spoo...and you keep bringin' it with the stylin' fits.
    [​IMG]
    I do think that the correct white balance helps this look a lot--in the previous photo it was really hard to see that the shirt isn't so in your face, but a basic gingham. And my comment to Onix was just sarcasm because I thought it was obvious that you took your picture in direct sunlight--I wasn't trying to thrown any more criticism your way. But I'm still not feeling that shade of blue and the micro-texture with that shade of brown gingham with that shade of yellow square--just doesn't seem complimentary to me. All of the colors clash, and not in a good way to me, which makes it seem kind of forced/trying too hard. I also agree that the dark brown and dark blue of the suit is just a bit too much dark with dark. Different strokes for different folks.
    [​IMG]
    Awesome. Love the socks, the shoes, and even the tie (I'm usually put to sleep by repp, but strangely, not here). But the next one... Aw, who am I kidding, I love this too.
    Thanks Harry! ...and your tie is right up my alley. Just maybe a bit too long, or is that just the stance?

8. harry2quinn

harry2quinn Senior member

Thanks Harry! ...and your tie is right up my alley. Just maybe a bit too long, or is that just the stance?
    Well, partially because I've put on a little weight recently, so the pants are tight enough in the waist that they ride up higher than I'd like (making the tie look like it goes down farther down relative to the waistband). That said, the tie was probably a couple of inches too long anyway and I should have retied it to make it shorter, but it seems I must add laziness to fatassery on my list of sins. I haven't gotten the pants altered because I'm going to lose a few pounds this summer. No, really. In case you were considering it, I wouldn't recommend TRL ties despite the fact that they're just 10 pounds a pop. The silk pulls like crazy and the lining doesn't allow for a thin or clean knot.

9. jobro

jobro Senior member

Jeans, a |T| and my flip flops. At least until I take my shower.

This is useless without pictures!

10. jgrr

jgrr New Member

- the pants need hemming and i think the collar could be tighter.
    - is that a one button suit?

Grrr, I was testing a new tailor, and clearly it was not an entirely successful experiment. Thanks to all for the tips.

Yes, it's a one-button.

11. Big Bird

Big Bird Senior member

I assumed that you referred to number 4? Rolex always does that, I guess it has something to do with readability.

No, I mean that the font looks narrower than it usually does.

12. Velponi

Velponi Member

Not right now, but last Sunday at a wedding: [​IMG] [​IMG] To my shame, I don't own appropriate black shoes.

13. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Senior member

Not right now, but last Sunday at a wedding:

To my shame, I don't own appropriate black shoes.

The shoulders are great, details?

14. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

[​IMG]

Dear Vel - what you wore looks fine to me. At least you went properly dressed vs. the guy behind you. Love the bubbles!! Deets?? [​IMG] Nice artwork!!

T

15. Velponi

Velponi Member

The suit is RTW, handmade by La vera sartoria napoletana, with a spalla camicia as you can see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.