HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Can I just point out really quickly how much more pleasant it is to read the MC version of this thread rahter than the SW&D version. Sure you guys get into little spats every now and then, but its nowhere near as crazy and immature here as it gets over there.

Im guessing it has a lot to do with the obvious difference in average age of most of the posters are in the MC forum, and I would assume as well a little to do with the simple etiquette and manners that are a part of dressing like a gentleman in a suit rather than trying to make denim look good.

Just wanted to point that out really quick.

2. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I've got it....You're a Ralph Lauren man!

3. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

I don't think that that tie lenght is fine (for me), and the knot would be too small for me, and I also see no reason for wearing no socks with that outfit; furthermore I think that classic fit doesnt point to oversized (i.e. too large) clothes: just look into some 18th century prints of noblemen or some 19th century prints of Brummell)...furthermore: I don't give a fuCK! if anyone is *respected* here or anywhere else, ok?
    Then do it better yourself and STFU. [​IMG] Olddog knocks it out of the park 9 times out of 10.

4. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Armani jacket
    Kiton shirt
    Buffalo Nickle cufflinks
    Zegna pant
    RLPL belt
    Armani socks
    Ramano bluchers
    AOS cologne
    Tiffany watch

5. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

Skinny Goombah: 'Ralph Lauren Man'? This is funny cause I have just talked to Mr. W***h., head of RL Europe today. I am quite familiar with their clothes and like them and they are not to be compared to those you propose.

And: I am doing it better.

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

And: I am doing it better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

7. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

furthermore I think that classic fit doesnt point to oversized (i.e. too large) clothes: just look into some 18th century prints of noblemen or some 19th century prints of Brummell)...
    What you don't seem to realise is that 'classic' can refer to many different time periods. Just as there are periods where the style was skin-tight pantaloons, there are also periods where a more relaxed, even 'baggy', look was in style, e.g. the 30's. If 'classic' were to mean what is seen in prints of 18th century noblemen then would you also expect oldog to be wearing a frock-coat and a powdered wig...?

8. Sander

Sander Senior member

[​IMG]

Then do it better yourself and STFU. [​IMG]

Olddog knocks it out of the park 9 times out of 10.

I still don't get why you can't criticize someone who most often does well. Imo, Jerome is absolutely right.

9. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

I do not authorize you to post pictures from my BLOG or other sites, here vox, this is no legal term, but if you disobey from now on, you'll feel it.

10. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I do not authorize you to post pictures from my BLOG or other sites, here vox, this is no legal term, but if you disobey from now on, you'll feel it.

[​IMG]

- B

11. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I still don't get why you can't criticize someone who most often does well. Imo, Jerome is absolutely right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe 'Jeeves' wouldn't have approved but I finally went with the tie in the second picture in the end...(the first tie was a blue knitted one (N&L), in case one can't see it well- I didn't have time enough to take other photographs.)

- B

12. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

As I said 'Vox', don't cut off your head while shaving..hehe...I even have some pic displaying my penis on the net somewhere, maybe you'll have to look around abit though, VOX...

(anyway, how far do you want to let your posters go here, mods?)

13. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

As I said 'Vox', don't cut off your head while shaving..hehe...I even have some pic displaying my penis on the net somewhere, maybe you'll have to look around abit though, VOX...

[​IMG]

(anyway, how far do you want to let your posters go here, mods?)

Dear Jerome, you misunderstand my intent. The objective of reposting your photographs, including ones that you have posted yourself within this thread, is to show that you are right in the center of the SF groove. Knit ties and photographs taken inside a bathroom.

In other words, you are a decent chap and not insane like several people are assuming.

- B

14. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

[​IMG]

- B

Ooops.

- B

15. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

I think I've got it....You're a Ralph Lauren man!

that has been my thought too.

Funny you never criticized him till Jerome did ... nothing new on SF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.