1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

^^ Spiffy.

Is that made up from old Tonik or the current Tonik?

- B

2. Vaux_le_Vicomte

Vaux_le_Vicomte Senior member

^^ Spiffy.

Is that made up from old Tonik or the current Tonik?

- B

..from the old one [​IMG]

3. Big A

Big A Senior member

THE ANTI MULTIPLE EJACULATIONS ON A SINGLE RECIPIENT EDITION
    Looking forward to a long Monday at home base ... not!! [​IMG]

You could benefit from a lower buttoning point, I think - would make you look less like a barrel. I have this same problem with some of my suits, so I'm quite familiar with it.
    Summer pants... [​IMG]
    The socks with those pants and shoes look wrong, IMO. Also, too many competing patterns. Finally, I think in real life the stripes on the shirt being all matchy-matchy with the pants would make you look like you escaped from behind a concession stand. However, what really bugs me is that yellow iPhone cover. Clashes with everything. Only Labelking seems to be able to co-exist with that shade of yellow, and he would not tolerate it unless it matched his shirt or cigarette holder. You should do as the King does (minus the shorts and the heroin girl). Smashing restroom, however. Now please send that yellow cover to ----->
    [​IMG]
    The suit is the least of your worries. I'm not sure yellow and lime green are in your color "season" if you know what I mean. In other words, they make your light-ish skin seem a bit sickly. However, you could rock the yellow iPhone cover.
    over the week KS Linen, ThinRedLine, Muji, ChinoLino, Uniqlo & Alden [​IMG]

Why is it all the same shade of grey? The shirt is too bland to provide much contrast Like the beer though, and the black C&Js (no socks? must smell interesting at the end of the day, but to quote a great man "everyone's a fan of their own vintage)
    Monday. I am tired and somewhat dragging ass. Polo Italy blazer, Rugby shirt, Polo tie, BR Chinos and a new pair of vintage Wright Cordwainers. Have a good one. [​IMG]
    I feel like this blazer is one size too big. This look is only approved with baggy pleated pants and a time machine to 1989, or if you are Olddog. Nice shoes, however.
    Dormeuil "Tonik" Suiit [​IMG]
    I got nothing . . . this is nice.​

4. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

..from the old one [​IMG]

Sweet.

- B

5. bigasahouse

bigasahouse Senior member

It is actually a picture of my wife. Just have not had it framed yet.

Congrats, she's beautiful.

6. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

DG blazer
    MB pocket-square
    Brioni shirt
    Brioni pant
    NM belt
    Armani socks
    JL slip-ons
    Kiton cologne
    Piaget watch

7. Vaux_le_Vicomte

Vaux_le_Vicomte Senior member

Sweet.

- B

Thanks - one of the last pieces. I have only one cut left in a light blue

salut Vaux

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

9. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

THE ANTI MULTIPLE EJACULATIONS ON A SINGLE RECIPIENT EDITION

You could benefit from a lower buttoning point, I think - would make you look less like a barrel. I have this same problem with some of my suits, so I'm quite familiar with it.

Big A - I totally agree with the buttoning point comment ... this was my first tailoring effort with a said tailor who i've since kicked to the curb. I was so focused on other things (shoulders, chest etc), i just assumed she will get the buttoning point right. Since the buttoning point is one of those things you pretty much can't fix, i stuck with the suit for now - but hopefully next summer or so, i'll get another navy linen suit made up with my new tailor that would have a lot better buttoning point and lapel shape.

Now about looking like a barrel ... lol ... i disagree ... chubby yes i am ... but the angle/lighting doesnt make you see the shaping in the suit.

I really appreciate the honesty - we need more of it 'round hurrr!

Epic Bukake

[​IMG] [​IMG]

You look like a movie star, dawg. Nice!

lol - i cant act for isht .... but thanks anyways.

Love the tie as well as the lapels of the suit ... not digging the shape of the shoulders.

10. literasyme

literasyme Senior member

11. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

The socks with those pants and shoes look wrong, IMO. Also, too many competing patterns. Finally, I think in real life the stripes on the shirt being all matchy-matchy with the pants would make you look like you escaped from behind a concession stand.

However, what really bugs me is that yellow iPhone cover. Clashes with everything. Only Labelking seems to be able to co-exist with that shade of yellow, and he would not tolerate it unless it matched his shirt or cigarette holder. You should do as the King does (minus the shorts and the heroin girl).

Smashing restroom, however. Now please send that yellow cover to ----->

LOL. You should've seen the shirt I'd originally paired with the pants. They were butcher-stripe in almost the exact same colour. I took one look at myself and knew I had to change it.

12. johnannemarie

johnannemarie Senior member

Agree to disagree? I saw this in GQ a while back and have been waiting for an opportunity to wear it. I'd lose the eyeglasses, of course, but I'd keep the pose.

[​IMG]

i have a black shirt, i wear by itself sometimes, i might give it a shot to see the outcome.

13. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Dormeuil "Tonik" Suiit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice...but I think the wide spread collar calls for a Windsor knot.

14. literasyme

literasyme Senior member

Very nice...but I think the wide spread collar calls for a Windsor knot.

[​IMG]

15. kcc

kcc Senior member

Dormeuil "Tonik" Suiit

[​IMG]

Elegant look, nice tailoring - i like.

16. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

17. literasyme

literasyme Senior member

Interesting. The waist is perhaps a little TOO sculpted (for my taste), and the coat looks a touch long, no? When did you start going bespoke -- is this a new thing?

18. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

Interesting. The waist is perhaps a little TOO sculpted (for my taste), and the coat looks a touch long, no? When did you start going bespoke -- is this a new thing?

Full bespoke about year ago or so.
    The length is good IMHO, perspective and the lack of about 40% of my legs in that pic make it look a bit weird here.

19. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The perfect look for a hot summer day. The PS kicks the entire look up another notch. [​IMG]

That's a terrific look, SpooPoker. I presume that's the famous Sorrento jacket.

The pink jacket is awesome.

Thanks guys - I got some attention at work with this fit today [​IMG]

Its not a Borrelli, Toni - actually a noname (to me anyhow) "Racing Green" from the UK that I picked up in the fall on B&S for $45 - I replaced all the buttons with MOP ones from the B&S thread as well.

Monday. I am tired and somewhat dragging ass.

Shoes are 20 kinds of awesome, Mike. Well done.

Looking forward to a long Monday at home base ... not!!

Damn man - they dont even give you the Monday after you come back as a day off to catch up on Jetlag? Welcome back though. I know today was a tough one...

Summer pants...

Im actually digging the fit Trini, I like.

Work.

Man - Im the last one to say someone is wearing too many bright colors... but you are wearing too many bright colors. Kind of like Elton John vomited in a rainbow on LSD. Nevermind the price or cut of the suit, but swap out the PS and shirt for white and white and it would have been OK.

Dormeuil "Tonik" Suiit
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Very curious about the socks, however...

20. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Dormeuil "Tonik" Suiit

Nice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.