• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cut my teeth on Oban, and while it was nice, it didn't quite do it for me.

I think I need to start looking for a better glass, one with a wider bowl to it. Thanks MOK for the rec's!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
You people made me doubt for a second, but walking around in these I know that I don't want them any tighter.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
You people made me doubt for a second, but walking around in these I know that I don't want them any tighter.

Trousers are hard to get right in a picture.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv3
Nice to see you back, MoK!

Cheers.

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
4288271288_45fda744a1_o.jpg

I was a bit neutral about this until I saw the textures in the close up. I like it.
Originally Posted by gregaz
Today:
Posting right after TC sucks, but I guess someone has to do it ...

Looks good - love the trousers.
Originally Posted by literasyme
I love the Laddie. Have you seen/tried their recent iterations? Much peatier than the old kind, including the (apparently, I haven't found it here yet) off-the-charts peaty Octomore.
I haven't had it for a few years. My whisky drinking has declined a bit over recent years as whisky drinking friends have moved away.

I think the camera can place emphasis on something that isn't really apparant in real life. Above the knee looks in proportion to below the knee to me, it's just the vertical shadows look a little odd.

I love that green tie by the way.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The students rattled the professor?

WTF is this world coming to?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking advantage of a much milder day to wear something other than cords and jumpers:

20100119_main.jpg

20100119_detail.jpg
20100119_shoes.jpg

Details:

Rather dull suit: Aquascutum
Over bright moleskin waistcoat: Cudworth of Norden
Shirt: Thin Red Line
Tie & PS: unlabeled/forgotten
Shoes: Loake 1880 'Exeter'
Too cheap felt hat: Zara

Couldn't find my braces this morning and tried going without - trousers aren't quite that long...

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
Today:
Posting right after TC sucks, but I guess someone has to do it ...

Oh please, you (and your comrade IST) are probably the best consistent posters these days. You've really raised the bar, I'm just tring to keep up.
smile.gif
Another great fit, BTW.

Thanks to the others for the kind words. And welcome back MoK! Looking good.

Emulations

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
I never bothered wearing this jacket, thinking it didn't look right as a 3B and the fit was off, but I'm happy enough with how it looks here.
Nice fit on the jacket
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Taking advantage of a much milder day to wear something other than cords and jumpers:
Welcome back manofKent. Composition of photograph is worth filing.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

20100119_main.jpg

I really like this. You're wearing a bright red vest, but it doesn't strike me as garish at all. You look very comfortable in your clothes.

I haven't posted in WAYW II: WAYW Strikes Back, so today I make my return with the SF-unapproved white shirt. The full pic caught me in an odd pose as I fought the wind, but I liked the windswept look enough that I couldn't be bothered to take another.

bluefull.jpg

blueboots.jpg

blueclose.jpg

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

20100119_main.jpg

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...119_detail.jpg
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...0119_shoes.jpg

Details:

Rather dull suit: Aquascutum
Over bright moleskin waistcoat: Cudworth of Norden
Shirt: Thin Red Line
Tie & PS: unlabeled/forgotten
Shoes: Loake 1880 'Exeter'
Too cheap felt hat: Zara

Couldn't find my braces this morning and tried going without - trousers aren't quite that long...

Good to see you back MoK. I love this look and like Doc said, the vest is the focal point but doesn't overwhelm the rest of the outfit.

Is this British-trad
devil.gif
?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads