• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetleything

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido

- I agree there is not much in the detail of the fit, but what I have tried to introduce to SF since my inception is a move from a focus in tricky combinations of patterns & colours or just the clothing itself & to now add drama or context to the wearer as I believe that this adds more depth than just a layer of cloth.
- I much prefer seeing SFers posting their fits in the wild as that shows more than just static robot poses. Sure I do my standard robot poses, but I also try adding drama by using out door locations to add an extra dimension or as we all refer to now as 'lifestyle' pics.
- back to your original Q. IMO what is fantastic about this pic is that it was raining (no ****), I had very little opportunity to re-shoot, there was the drama with the rain & people running around & to me the challenge of setting up my camera & praying that I would nail it in no more than 3 takes to capture the elements
- but what you can see is the scale & proportion which is IMO important, not the label or the actual dimension as that is dependent on the individual
- SFers get fixated on whether it is a 2" or 1.75" cuff for example, when we should be looking at over all scale & proportion & then how it fits with the wearers environment/culture

Interesting.
Agreed - Understood.

You certainly have raised the bar.

Holiday weekend here too...
same place your Rimowa commercial was shot.

BB button down - Linen -has a nice roll and you can get 3 fingers in...

HukCv.jpg

8iY5A.jpg

enjoy the weekend one and all...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Hachi Freakin' Machi. I had to put my sunglasses on. That is quite a suit, Spoo!! Of course, I would totally wear that.
smile.gif

Mike

Im usually known for my subtlety, but I figured I would give bold a shot
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
You consistently have my favorite silhouette on here. Maybe you just have a model body? Oh yeah, i'm not ****. Just sayin.

No ****... thanks brah. I 'preciate it.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest IIâ„¢ has been updated for the week ending 05/21/2010.
- B

Fack.. I though today would have made it.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ld111134
Great medallion toes, Spoo!
inlove.gif
Who made them?

Thank you... Crockett & Jones Edgware.

Originally Posted by Doral
I like this look. You knocked this one out of the park
worship.gif

Thanks Doral, I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Wow! You look like you're made of steel in this photo. In fact, you look like a lot like a computer animation here. Great fit, though.

lol8[1].gif
I thought the same thing when I saw the pics. The suit is 70/30 wool/silk, so it has a fantastic "shine" in daylight. Making me look like
Man-of-Steel-Bulletproof-Superman-0.jpg

Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Experimenting.

+1 on shoe deets... gorgeous! Are they lined with some sweet Pantherellas?
blush.gif

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer

Your paisley tie today was a smash.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
an homage to James (just kidding
laugh.gif
):

How many teeths does, your comb have ?

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
How many teeths does, your comb have ?

Vaca you make a good fisherman, bait that you use please tell.

- M

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
an homage to James (just kidding
laugh.gif
):

Shades: Lanvin
Chain: Surface2Air
Paisley shirt: Liberty Rose
Jacket: Thom Browne
Pocket square: Hermès (Puss'n'boots from the fairytales series)
Cotton pants: Maison Martin Margiela
Dirty white perforated leather boots: Maison Martin Margiela

this is very 80's South American coke kingpin, I love it.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

Looks Jewish.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

+1

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Advent

Reaction score
From The (Old) WAYWT Duscussion Thread, Post #6453 JaPo Senior Member JaPo's Avatar Join Date: Feb 2009 Posts: 390 \t Default Re: The WAYWT Discussion Thread Quote: Originally Posted by NS88 View Post Haha, word. You can get croc loafers for even better quality for a fraction of the price though. I never buy anything someone tells me to buy, whether it's a milk carton or something like that. I always buy what I like, and if I like something I'll buy it. Brands aren't really important to me. From my posts, some could think that I only buy things because it's Gucci or Tom Ford or whatever, but I could care less about brands. Exactly. You could care less about brands. Not sure if I believe this BS anyway bru. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I just thought it would be fun to see a pic, posted two days ago at GQ Forum, by Mr "I could care less about brands":
wmnltw.jpg
J. Crew cardigan Dolce Gabbana shirt Yves Saint Laurent khakis Hermes belt Tom Ford loafers Audemars Piguet (ROO) watch Persol sunglasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics