1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Ok, the angle suck and my right leg looks like it is mutating, still its a rare DB on SF

[​IMG]
    Hopsack navy DB: Thom Browne
    Dress shirt: mtm
    Grey tie: Thom Browne
    Cognac boots: Sutor Mantellassi

2. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

3. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like it, fuuma. Very Mod.

4. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Ok, the angle suck and my right leg looks like it is mutating, still its a rare DB on SF

[​IMG]
    Hopsack navy DB: Thom Browne
    Dress shirt: mtm
    Grey tie: Thom Browne
    Cognac boots: Sutor Mantellassi

Doesn't commander Vox have one of those as a sportcoat?

Nicely put together.

5. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

Looks tasty almost like nougat

It's very nice and even a bit spicy.

I knew a lady who worked as a hostess at an Indian restaurant. One of her responsibilities was chopping the nuts for the special Indian ice cream. She chuckled that it sold quite well, even though it was regular vanilla ice cream bought from the nearby supermarket. But hey, the nuts made it exotic.

Nah, the real Indian icecream has a different texture also tastes kind of exotic compared to regular icecream it's not just vanilla and nuts but I agree some Indian restaurants rip you off pretty badly.

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

TNow, question - you are wearing light specs with a navy pant and it works there. How come when I wore them with a (not so different shade of ) navy yesterday it was awkward? Because I had a SC not a suit? Yours are true white and caramel, right? Mine are a beige canvas and cream leather. Just curious really - as I said, Ive never had specs and am unsure of the matching/combining.

Well, I guess it's in the eye of the beholder whether my own combo actually worked or not! For colour reference, yes, mine are white/mid-brown. Actually, I wore them again today (yes, two days in a row; shock, horror!), although with a more "traditional" specs type outfit.

Wearing them with dark colours like I did yesterday will always run the risk of them standing out too much and looking wrong. I hope I avoided that, but I'm sure some will feel differently.

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

New camera...

It shows: more light and better colours. Is it possible to step back more and then zoom in a bit (and still get everything in the picture)? That way you get less lens distortion (because of the wide-angle), especially if you don't tilt the camera downwards, but keep it parallel to the mirror.

8. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

It shows: more light and better colours. Is it possible to step back more and then zoom in a bit (and still get everything in the picture)? That way you get less lens distortion (because of the wide-angle), especially if you don't tilt the camera downwards, but keep it parallel to the mirror.

I shall try.

It was easier to be discreet in the bathroom with the iphone - less so with an actual camera.

9. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

[​IMG]
    Quite the European playboy.

(this is a compliment)

10. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

11. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

12. barims

barims Senior member

Fuuma +1. This may be the first engaging use of cognac coloured leather that I've seen

13. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

The week so far:

For you - the color of those bedsheets are pretty out there .. lol.

14. barims

barims Senior member

It seems to me that what makes yfyf look taller is the fact that his SC is very, very short. This has nothing to do with clean lines. Look at the SC hem in relation to his hands. IMO, that is way too short.

I was referring to his lapel length, actually

Also, I'd only care to quibble about the length if it was disproportionately short. Which it's not. No-break hems tend to help, but the jacket in itself is balanced enough, which helps him achieve his sporty aims

15. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I shall try.

It was easier to be discreet in the bathroom with the iphone - less so with an actual camera.

Just make sure to click when you get busted.

16. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

It seems to me that what makes yfyf look taller is the fact that his SC is very, very short. This has nothing to do with clean lines. Look at the SC hem in relation to his hands. IMO, that is way too short.

No, the coat is only slightly shorter than usual; it is his arms which are unusually long.

17. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

Well done.
    Thanks. At least, I assume this was meant for me....

For you - the color of those bedsheets are pretty out there .. lol.
    Hehe. Wait 'til I bust out the lime green ones - they go so well with the yellow walls. [​IMG]

18. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

[​IMG]

I always love Ob's shots - they show the best use of space for shoe storage under the bed! [​IMG] Dressy sheets - had to look a 2nd time. [​IMG]

T

19. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Valentino blazer
    Kiton shirt
    Gucci pant
    MD belt
    Pantherella socks
    JL loafers
    Creed cologne
    Piaget watch

20. TieMyShoe

TieMyShoe Senior member

Night out with the boys for some Ethiopian food on Thompson St (the old hood)

So pants that are too tight that pocket imprints show is ok?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.