1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

At my place, it's like a time warp back to 1995 when all digital photography looked like this!

Hehe.

What's the fabric?

2. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Senior member

Hehe.

What's the fabric?

I'll try to get a better picture when the sun comes up again. It's a sharkskin (pick and pick) charcoal by J&J Minnis in 13 oz Classic. It's part of a suit, but I just put the top on as a show of solidarity for fellow members who are on the thin side.

3. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I'll try to get a better picture when the sun comes up again. It's a sharkskin (pick and pick) charcoal by J&J Minnis in 13 oz Classic. It's part of a suit, but I just put the top on as a show of solidarity for fellow members who are on the thin side.

Yes, you need more light. Otherwise everything will look like Donegal tweed.

4. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Lime IS a fruit.
    I have tried it, I live in the land of Mexican beer and fruit - I just think it's gross. Beer is for drinking straight, lime is for margaritas (and pie).

Exactly.

cool down

actually, corona is not considered as beer, where i live. so, i stick to the myth of desinfectioning the bottle [​IMG] and enjoy the fresh taste of the lime with the corona drinking experience.

i love lime tart.

5. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Anyone else a fan of the Radler?

not a fan.

had one an hour ago. it's nice once in a while.

6. tricota

tricota Senior member

cigar lounge then summer evening party

[​IMG]

I like it...Looks good.

7. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

Not even my MTM's fit me as well as that shirt fits you. I'm jealous.
    Thanks.

On the Corona+lime debate: I'm in the pro camp.

8. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

Still 'quite warm' here...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Nice cream suit, Holdfast. Love the pink shirt/navy tie. I like the looser looking trousers, too. How about a less 'matchy' pocketsquare?
    Yes, I felt that too, but couldn't find another colour I liked with the outfit. Any ideas?
    This is pretty cool. I wonder if it's a little too snugly-fitting for comfort, though I appreciate ladieswear is often trimmer than mens. It could probably also stand to be shaped a little more through the chest and torso to avoid some of the pulling, but it's still a nifty & distinctive look. Nice one.

10. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

While not today, but from recently at my sister's wedding.

[​IMG]

11. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

^ Very nice. That's a great colour.

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You're excused if you had fresh lime for the Corona.

I don't know about that. If he had time to cut up a lime, then he had time to crop out his pup tent. By the way, Spoo, which PS did you wear with those swim trunks?

If he had time to cut up a lime, then he had time to crop out his pup tent. By the way, Spoo, which PS did you wear with those swim trunks?

If Spoo had time to cut up a lime, he wouldn't be in the picture - instead - it's "Garcon!" Actually, I was wondering what 'tie' he was wearing with his Bahamian 'Shorts'.. [​IMG]

T

Didn't mean to start the great Corona debate of 2010 fellas.

Still on the beach, this time mrs. Spoo and I have opted for a pitcher of margaritas. I have also started my day with a refreshing capirinha.

To address the question from yesterday, there was a giant honking lime, fresh sliced by Garçon in each of the 5 coronas he generously brought to the cabana. The only way to fly.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

And to atone for Thursdays poor view, here's a slightly better one for you today. [​IMG]

14. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

[​IMG]

I agree with Holdfast--this is a good look but needs a little shaping at the tailor's.

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Still on the beach, this time mrs. Spoo and I have opted for a pitcher of margaritas. I have also started my day with a refreshing capirinha.

The alcohol is definitely improving your photography. Please drink more. [​IMG]

16. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

Love the colors, HF. Could just be the pic, but it looks like those pant legs could stand to be slimmed a bit.

I respectfully disagree. While I know it's largely a matter of personal preference and a narrow trouser is more in keeping with contemporary fashion, I think a fuller trouser generally has a better, more classic look.

17. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

This is pretty cool. I wonder if it's a little too snugly-fitting for comfort, though I appreciate ladieswear is often trimmer than mens. It could probably also stand to be shaped a little more through the chest and torso to avoid some of the pulling, but it's still a nifty & distinctive look. Nice one.

I think the pulling is because of the lack of bust darts, but she says in the other thread that she specifically wants it to look like a man's suit, and adding bust darts would go against that.

18. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yes, I felt that too, but couldn't find another colour I liked with the outfit. Any ideas?

Maybe a white linen with different colored edge like light blue or violet. I'm in the camp that the p.s. should just barely relate to the shirt, tie or jacket.

^ Very nice. That's a great colour.

Really nice suit, D. What's the fabric?

19. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I think the pulling is because of the lack of bust darts, but she says in the other thread that she specifically wants it to look like a man's suit, and adding bust darts would go against that.

Oh, I see. I hadn't read the other thread until I just went looking for it. Well if that's the specific aethetic she's looking for, great!

Maybe a white linen with different colored edge like light blue or violet.

Hmm. I tried plain white, and it didn't look right because the suit is off-white. If it had coloured trim, yeah I can see that working. I need to pick up a few of that kind of square; I don't have any of that design at the moment, but I found myself wanting one with a different outfit a few weeks ago too. Thanks for the advice!

20. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Parker and Kaplan - Glad you approve! Fabric is Harrisons Frontier blue glen plaid as seen in the photo below on the left. I'm very happy with the way it came out. It feels light and has a bit of give for extra comfort. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.