1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

To my mind tan/khaki pants are a predictable addition to this look, that's why they will be a bit boring.

Predictable doesn't always equal boring - especially given the fabric of that sportcoat.

Just saying.

2. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

From a wedding yesterday. Beautiful weather (slight headwind here), lovely ceremony, and great company.

Nice suit. Is that the Solito?

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Guys All of you look well! I with pleasure have looked last pages. )))

Returning after short break:​

Wlcome back - I particularly like the suit look.

We've not had a black tie ensemble in a month (a strong showing from luftvier). From my main GH partner in crime/cousin's 'Bow Ties and Cleavage'-themed birthday party:
    And yes, I am pumped-up

Too cool for words [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Very sharp and I love those spectators.

I think its kind of a season-free look, depending on the weight of the materials.
    +1
    Thanks Kent Wang for my snazzy new tie!
    Great choice of tie.
    Be proud of your boys, nii.
    +1 -they out played many a more experienced team, and more importantly they played with great spirit.
    taper the pants from knee down to leg opening of 7.8" - right now leg opening looks like 9.0" to 9.5"
    I wouldn't taper much more - the opening fits the shoe size.​

4. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

Nice suit. Is that the Solito?

yes. It'll have some minor tweaks done next time they come around, and I'll be fitted for some new stuff.

5. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Have you tried just getting the M, L or whatever and taking it to your tailor?
    Yeah, but no. My guy's good, but he's not that good. I need to find some light jackets in 41L ... and soon. I currently own only one summer-weight jacket that I like. I wear it all the time and I'm sure you're all quite tired of seeing it.

Accordingly, here it is again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sadly, Mrs. Threads' BlackBerry did not do justice to the pink 'n' blue cotton PS.

6. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    I would lower the gorge and definitely tame the upward angle of those peaks: they look like nuclear missiles pointed at Seoul, ready for ignition. Or like the lapels on a Sciamat coat, which is worse.

7. spb_lady

spb_lady Senior member

I would lower the gorge and definitely tame the upward angle of those peaks: they look like nuclear missiles pointed at Seoul, ready for ignition. Or like the lapels on a Sciamat coat, which is worse.

was going to make the same comment [​IMG]

8. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Lunch with my brother and my wife and daughter and then IKEA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lee Baron, Tommy Bahama, J.Crew, Rolex SubDate on NATO, Aldens
    Also wearing my new custom woven leather bracelet today. I am so glad I did not pay the 200.00 plus for the Bottega one now. I am thinking of getting more made if anyone is interested.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This is how you dress on a Saturday of a holiday weekend?!?!? Please tell me you are going to a concert and not a beach BBQ!

(very snazzy in any case...)

Well, the downfall of a nice relaxing vacation is the work that needs to be caught up on when you return... so no entertainment, just commitment.

Spoo, I think this combination would've worked better with tan/khaki pants. Just a suggestion.

To my mind tan/khaki pants are a predictable addition to this look, that's why they will be a bit boring.

Predictable doesn't always equal boring - especially given the fabric of that sportcoat.

Just saying.

Thanks for the input guys. Last time I wore this SC, I did pair it with a khaki pant, so I just wanted to switch it up a bit.

[​IMG]

Great choice of tie.

Thanks! I think it was you who suggested it to me... [​IMG]

10. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Lunch with my brother and my wife and daughter and then IKEA

Ikea sounds like a good idea. The rooms you take your pics in are usually empty and devoid of furniture! Did you just move in or something?

11. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Kiton blazer
    Zegna pocket-square
    Lorenzini shirt
    Brioni pant
    NM belt
    Brioni socks
    Barneys balmorals
    Burberry cologne
    Piaget watch

12. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Ikea sounds like a good idea. The rooms you take your pics in are usually empty and devoid of furniture! Did you just move in or something?

We have actually built the house 2 years ago, but my wife lost her higher paying job when the housing market tanked and the extra money we would have had to buy things for the house is just not happening now.

13. TBSDSpaniard

TBSDSpaniard Senior member

We've not had a black tie ensemble in a month (a strong showing from luftvier). From my main GH partner in crime/cousin's 'Bow Ties and Cleavage'-themed birthday party: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] The DJ is a vintage Savile Row textured silk brocade number that was recommended to me by Ich_Dien and purchased through MC B&S; I've included more than one shot due to the way it catches light I know that Bull has been sighted on this thread, so I'd like to clarify that the pulling is caused by my hands in the pockets. I don't trust anyone in Ghana to adjust the fit, however And yes, I am pumped-up
    f*CKIN COOL. This is a masterclass display. Bravo.

14. acecow

acecow Senior member

Lee Baron, Tommy Bahama, J.Crew, Rolex SubDate on NATO, Aldens
    Also wearing my new custom woven leather bracelet today. I am so glad I did not pay the 200.00 plus for the Bottega one now. I am thinking of getting more made if anyone is interested.

Great fit. Where are you getting those bracelets? Me likey! I'd like to get one or two.

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wouldn't taper much more - the opening fits the shoe size.
    Going to wait until everything is just about done before I change the taper but this is pretty much right. I originally wanted 7.5" but it wouldn't fit over my shoes.

They should look a bit less like nukes once done (you're right that they do look a bit crazy as is). There's about 1" all around those lapels that is going to be trimmed down.

Thanks for the comments so far everyone. This is probably my most difficult project and I really want a nice DB suit.

16. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Great fit. Where are you getting those bracelets? Me likey! I'd like to get one or two.

Here is a link to his website. He did not offer the style I have, but I sent a pic and measurements and he made this one for me. It might be for sale if anyone is interested. I may have one a little smaller made, since I like mine to fit tighter, in both the brown and the whiskey color he has.

17. pat bateman

pat bateman Active Member

A.Testoni

werapidsk8.tumblr.com
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Naturally Pat Bateman would wear A Testoni, but why arent they tassel loafers?

19. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

In Korea more than once someone has said I look exactly like Patrick Bateman. I'm more surprised that they watched it.

20. dimwit

dimwit Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.