1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

[​IMG]

Greg,

Unlike your usual homeruns, this jacket is a dud. Too short

2. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Greg,

Unlike your usual homeruns, this jacket is a dud. Too short

Yeah and looks kind of dowdy in general. I've seen better from you.

3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Behold the skills of a master..superb HF! The emergence of summer in springtime. Once again shoe details please?

4. IST66

IST66 Senior member

5. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG] Interestingly enough - this suit looks quite alright in the photos but is one that I need some major alterations to. It feels like it was made for a person a few sizes larger than me and feels really uncomfortable too [​IMG]

6. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Looking sharp. Black shirt in the daytime, pretty daring by styleforum standards, no?
    As a teacher, I can wear whatever I please during the day because a) I'm always dressed better than my colleagues, and b) my SF image consultants can only see me when I want them to. Therefore, it's not daring for me to wear the black shirt, just to admit here that I have done so.

Please resist that urge.
    Why would I resist the next step in my evolution? I became a member here to improve, not to stagnate.

There's a bunch of Nagranis on sale on B & S right now. [​IMG] The burgundy ones sfefferz has are particularly nice. Very rich color IRL.
    Thanks for the heads up, KO. It just so happens that I've been looking that very color, and I've been stunned to find that it is not carried by any of the stores that I frequent.

7. mth

mth Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough - this suit looks quite alright in the photos but is one that I need some major alterations to. It feels like it was made for a person a few sizes larger than me and feels really uncomfortable too [​IMG]

I think the lapels on the jacket are quite nice. As long as you're having alterations done, is it possible to hae the jacket lengthened one or two centimeters? It looks a little on the short side and will only get shorter as the linen wrinkles.

8. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

[​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Super [​IMG]

9. IST66

IST66 Senior member

Super [​IMG]

+1[​IMG]

10. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

That tie "pops". Of course, I'm partial to (University of) Michigan colors! The sassy pocket square rounds off a very dandy look. Another masterful use of color.​

11. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Super [​IMG]

+1[​IMG]

Spasibo!

12. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Record heat today so chino linos + casual cotton jacket + crepe sole C&J suede brogues [​IMG]
    I like this a lot. If I was being very picky, I'd suggest a plain belt with the striped tie.

I'm starting to feel a distinct urge to get more daring with my socks. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But soon, and for the rest of my life.

Well...definitely not today.

Bold socks can add to an outfit but but can detract if they dominate too much.
    A Beautiful Sunny Day In Charlotte

Peterlee, Mabitex, Tommy Bahama, Alden, Rolex, Persol

Enjoying the yellow trousers.
    Nice tie [​IMG]

Me today. Bleh.

Looked good to me.
    I like the purple tie with the navy gingham, they work well together.

The pocket square got tucked in after I saw the pic.

I like the combining, and particularly like those trousers, but I agree that the jacket does look a tad short.
    I like this, but I think a slightly paler shirt would work better.

Interestingly enough - this suit looks quite alright in the photos but is one that I need some major alterations to. It feels like it was made for a person a few sizes larger than me and feels really uncomfortable too [​IMG]

It doesn't look too big - I'd have said if anything it looked just slightly short. You're not of the wear linen loose school?

13. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Spring is trying over here, but not very succesfully yet. So, a heavy OC shirt with a summer cotton jacket and fairly heavy cotton trousers. No jeans.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

Why would I resist the next step in my evolution? I became a member here to improve, not to stagnate.

It was just a joke based on the fact that I greatly dislike the bright socks, particularly the ones with horizontal stripes, favored by some on here.

15. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The pocket square got tucked in after I saw the pic.

Those pants look good on you.

16. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

[​IMG]

I really like those trousers. They fit you well, and the color is terrific, and not very common. Shirt works well with them also.

17. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OK, heres a gratuitous shot of Mrs. Spoo to ensure my entry in the digest this week. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

OK, heres a gratuitous shot of Mrs. Spoo to ensure my entry in the digest this week. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Are you married to Sienna Miller?

19. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Who's trippin' down the Streets of the city? Thursday:

[​IMG]

Panta (by Ed Morel) lined, untipped six-fold (yes, six) tie:

[​IMG]

- B

20. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

[worth watching the whole thing...]

- B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.