• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Seek Counseling. Or beer. Or a timeout. Or Red.
- you have all the answers..

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- you have a point here, but most here won't take criticism well & most here appear to think this is some cake baking competition.

I enjoy reading this thread for inspiration. However, the lack of criticism is starting to make it boring. Even I see certain things I don't like about people's ensembles, and I'm nowhere near the likes of most stylish people posting here.

IST66, отлично одеваешься! Пожалуй, лучше всех здесь. И уж точно не как старый дед выглядишь.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
And how long before you move on to mumus?

homer_mumu1.jpg

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoejohn
I would like a critique (fit, color combos, etc.) on my first offering to WAYWRN. I have thick skin so please let me know what you think.

1. Replace tee-shirt with oxford cloth button down in solid white or light blue.
2. Replace Miller Lite with Budweiser in can for more "Trad" look

AndrewO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
Thanks for your comments, kind words and comments, gentlemen!
worship.gif
smile.gif

It is a little unexpected for me. I have very attentively read your recommendations. They are very valuable to me.

Thank you! Alden Unlined Chukka Boot

Cheers! SC and pants - Borelli, shirt - Finamore, Shoes - C&J, PS - Wong.
bigstar[1].gif

Sweet

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
1. Replace tee-shirt with oxford cloth button down in solid white or light blue.
2. Replace Miller Lite with Budweiser in can for more "Trad" look

3. Replace jeans with grey flannel or darker wash.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Well - then that sounds like you are going out of your way to not match - which i find more affected than matching. Why go the extra effort to find a belt in a "slightly" different shade just to prove you are not anal retentive/OCD? I hear this comment every now and then and it baffles me. I always learnt to dress with matching belt and shoes ... and although a slight variation in color is allowed, it should be the exception and not the norm. Also, you must not be familiar with WAYWRN. Silence typically is the form of criticism here. In general ... if something is average, slightly bad or just enh people dont quote or talk about it ... if something is REALLY nice, people complement it effusively ... and if something sucks big time people rip it to shreds. And if something sucks or isnt as great as the complement it is receiving ... someone usually steps up and points that out. If you feel that there is not enough criticism here, then start sharing it, cos i know that is one of the main reasons i post here (and why i hope a lot of people are posting) ... Also, your comments/criticisms will hold more weight if you actually post pictures to give people an idea of your sense of style Edit - for example ... AJV just said PG's fit is perfect ... i totally disagree ... and i wont hesitate to point that out. PG is a great dresser, but that is nowhere near a perfect fit for him.
musicboohoo[1].gif

WAYWRN - not enough real criticism - too much bukkake. That said, I liked PG's look - trou long for my taste, but I don't mind the sackier fits. Now that I am finally realizing that slim ≠ better, I have began to appreciate well fitting, yet more classically preportioned, garments. I wish that I had gotten more criticism about a year ago. I am severely culling my clothes now b/c of fits - TaT and RLBL just don't appeal to me nowadays. I look at shots of myself and find me looking quite silly. ...or perhaps I was being told, but was refusing to listen...
biggrin.gif

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
IMG_0118.jpg

LOVE this outfit. But wash that mirror!

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Curious to hear feedback on this:
IMG_7046.jpg

Jacket looks very nice but I am not a fan of tie with jeans or jeans with formal shoes. The color of the shoes is also not to my liking.

Wearing a tie with this type of jackets makes me think you are missing the matching trousers.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kickin' back in my black Luccheses on casual Friday.
And oh, yeah -- there's that BR pocket square that seems to be making the rounds these days.

Casual.jpg

Casual2.jpg

Casual3.jpg

Casual4.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Jacket looks very nice but I am not a fan of tie with jeans or jeans with formal shoes.
+1
But he'd still look great sitting behind his desk!

Schorsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Jacket looks very nice but I am not a fan of tie with jeans or jeans with formal shoes. The color of the shoes is also not to my liking.

This is America, where we are issued jeans with our birth certificates. Jeans and jackets, jeans and ties, jeans and leather shoes are here to stay. Remark if you will on whether it's done well, but Teach up there and the rest of us degenerates will never stop wearing jeans.

I think it all works, and I'd wear it all myself, but I'd choose a coarser fabric on the shirt, to bring the informality of the jeans to the top half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads