• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

IST66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for opinion on a collar of my shirt! I think that now I can really make the correct decision. Anyway, I have received a lot of information for reflexion.
blush.gif

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Lookin good!
+1

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been wearing the same croc belt with everything lately. Just too lazy to get the belts at the back of the hook. To me either is fine: matching or mismatching as long as it's brown with brown, black with black.
Curious to hear feedback on this:
Nice looking jacket, but would be much better as a suit (and brown shoes). Looks like an orphan to me esp. with the jeans.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I've been wearing the same croc belt with everything lately. Just too lazy to get the belts at the back of the hook. To me either is fine: matching or mismatching as long as it's brown with brown, black with black.

Same here. My brown suede belt is almost my OneBeltâ„¢.

jbuffone

Reaction score
4522277616_d1899fbf34_o.jpg
[/quote]

Looks great. Just about perfect for a classroom...just enough ruggedness to handle chalkdust and teenage angst. Deets on the pants, shoes please.

watchingdetails2002

Reaction score
[
IMG_7050.jpg
[/quote]

I like the shoe, cool color and adds a pop of interesting in my mind. Wish the teachers out her would wear a tie!

shoejohn

Reaction score
Gents,
I can not thank you enough for the inspiration this thread has given me. Having said that, I would like a critique (fit, color combos, etc.) on my first offering to WAYWRN. I have thick skin so please let me know what you think. I'll never be Vox
worship.gif
, but with a little help, my attire may be less offensive.
eh.gif

PS. Shoes are vintage Florsheim Imperials. Thrifted for $10!!!

harry2quinn

Reaction score
I've been away for too long... mostly because sunny CA weather doesn't afford me the opportunity to wear as many layers and patterns as I'd like! Nice to see not much has changed. Bespoke navy tonal stripe suit Bespoke (with my birth stone) sterling silver cufflinks (out of focus!) Allen Edmonds shoes Robert Talbott socks Ermenegildo Zenga tie Guess shirt
IMG_0118.jpg
IMG_0121.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0125.jpg

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
Thanks all for opinion on a collar of my shirt! I think that now I can really make the correct decision. Anyway, I have received a lot of information for reflexion.
blush.gif

In my opinion, I thought you were smashing. I try not linger too much on the details. It is important but I tend to like viewing the forest than the trees.

BTW, my cap was by Block NYC.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neofinitia
BTW, I would change the jacket to the ensemble say something just a tad more casual/unstructured and it would be golden for me. Alternatively a more casual tie for this jacket would work. I like it.
Originally Posted by JayJay
To my eye, the top is too dressed up for the bottom. I'm not a fan of the color of the shoes.
Originally Posted by Parker
Nice looking jacket, but would be much better as a suit (and brown shoes). Looks like an orphan to me esp. with the jeans.
I think everything works but the baby blue jeans. If you had a darker wash jean, then I'd be a fan. I do like the shoes in that context - I can't say I'd pick them up off the shelf though.

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would actually wear NYR shoes in my ensemble today
smile.gif
Cue foofing...

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoejohn
Gents,
I can not thank you enough for the inspiration this thread has given me. Having said that, I would like a critique (fit, color combos, etc.) on my first offering to WAYWRN. I have thick skin so please let me know what you think. I'll never be Vox
worship.gif
, but with a little help, my attire may be less offensive.
eh.gif

PS. Shoes are vintage Florsheim Imperials. Thrifted for $10!!!

welcome- first tip: post a higher resolution pic
wink.gif
The moire from that busy pattern at low res makes it impossible to tell.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
If you feel that there is not enough criticism here, then start sharing it, cos i know that is one of the main reasons i post here (and why i hope a lot of people are posting) ... Edit - for example ... AJV just said PG's fit is perfect ... i totally disagree ... and i wont hesitate to point that out. PG is a great dresser, but that is nowhere near a perfect fit for him.
- you have a point here, but most here won't take criticism well & most here appear to think this is some cake baking competition. - I know there is a certain SF aesthetic here, but I for one am liking wearing my suits fuller at the moment - especially when it is hot & that I am gaining extra body mass
Originally Posted by forex
I think the points of your shirt collar should be covered by your jacket, that is a better visual effect. In IST's case, not only the points are not covered, they look like pencil in the glass. I am not going to say anything about that huge knot, double FIH or whatever that is,it looks awful. Longer and more spread collar will look better, in my opinion.
- I agree
Originally Posted by lee_44106
By the way, I agree with your assessment of Phat's suits. I prefer his slimmer fits of last year better.
- Phats getting FAT
Curious to hear feedback on this:
- top don't mix with the bottom - shoes don't fit in at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads