1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

^^ +1. Jeans don't need to be skin-tight and turn your feet blue because the hem cuts the circulation off at the ankle. Jeans are just like trousers in terms of fit. Too baggy and they look awful, too tight and it'll be super uncomfortable. There is a happy medium. In terms of color/wash, my opinion is that dark denim (doesn't have to be raw) is much more versatile than light denim.

2. newtrane

newtrane Senior member

[​IMG]

Very nice indeed. I think I would slightly lower button stance though.

3. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Nice.

Thank you!

4. oblomov

oblomov Well-Known Member

Sunny winter day!
    [​IMG]

5. Sander

Sander Senior member

[​IMG]
    Very nice. Especially the jacket. The photography doesn't really allow to comment on colour coordination, but the pants look like a strange hue of beige (?) in this shot. The other things are, I suppose a pale blue OCBD and a brown knit tie? The main colour of the square also seems to be brown. But I really think the best thing here is the jacket; the only way to tell that you're probably quite tall is the railing behind you. Else, everything looks in proportion. Only thing I would change would be the size of the knot. Looks too small to me.

6. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

NAS...I appreciate your constructive criticism, but I am not trying to set the world on fire with the fit of my jeans. I'm 5' 9.5" 195lbs, so I don't have a fitted jeans type of physique...nor do I want the tightness associated with that look.

I think you could still do a lot better with the jeans, all the rest of your outfits are superb so it's a shame to see your casual look be let down by bad jeans.

7. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Sunny winter day!
    [​IMG]

The color combination is smashing! I love the blue windowpane on the coat. [​IMG]

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm so depressed!!! Woe is me!! Haha. Note that this outfit only works with the white leather jacket (unworn, in the background) cause the shoes don't work with the hoodie alone.

9. AlwaysDressed

AlwaysDressed Senior member

Sunny winter day! [​IMG]
    This is definitely a unique look. Never would have thought to build a look around a blue sports coat, black jeans, brown shoes & brown belt. I like the way you mixed things up...yet kept things all together. Good job.

10. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

iGents after a bit o' curry & naan in Hong Kong. Guess the shoes! [​IMG]

11. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

12. yfyf

iGents after a bit o' curry & naan in Hong Kong.

Guess the shoes!

[​IMG]

brown shoes ftw

13. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

[​IMG]

That is a fantastically ballsy suit pattern.

And I am sure that it's merely the camera angle + lens distortion, but the hacking pockets paired with the apparent shortness of the jacket in these particular photos make you look like you have child-bearing hips.
    I am certain that you don't.

14. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I think you could still do a lot better with the jeans, all the rest of your outfits are superb so it's a shame to see your casual look be let down by bad jeans.

One is not truly a Senior Member of StyleForvm until they have had this comment made on their denim.

15. Tibor

Tibor Senior member

Bespoke Optimo of Chicago Fedora

Quartz grey
    5 1/2 inch open crown creased into teardrop 4 3/4 inches
    2 5/8 inch brim

Dark Navy John Varvatos suit

Zegna solid red tie

16. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Very nice. Especially the jacket. The photography doesn't really allow to comment on colour coordination, but the pants look like a strange hue of beige (?) in this shot.
    The other things are, I suppose a pale blue OCBD and a brown knit tie? The main colour of the square also seems to be brown. But I really think the best thing here is the jacket; the only way to tell that you're probably quite tall is the railing behind you. Else, everything looks in proportion.

Only thing I would change would be the size of the knot. Looks too small to me.

The pants are brushed (heavy) cotton in light brown (or dark tan). The shirt is a blue stripe OCBD. Tie is brown cashmere, but not solid, there is a lot "flecking" or melange, some navy, some burnt orange, but basically brown. The square is silk, dull green ground with blue and orange figures.

17. oblomov

oblomov Well-Known Member

The color combination is smashing! I love the blue windowpane on the coat. [​IMG]

This is definitely a unique look. Never would have thought to build a look around a blue sports coat, black jeans, brown shoes & brown belt.
    I like the way you mixed things up...yet kept things all together. Good job.

Thank you gentlemen!

18. yfyf

That is a fantastically ballsy suit pattern.

And I am sure that it's merely the camera angle + lens distortion, but the hacking pockets paired with the apparent shortness of the jacket in these particular photos make you look like you have child-bearing hips.
    I am certain that you don't.

Very generous of you to assume I don't. Some distortion plus me pitching backwards, but I have noticed that hacking pockets tend to have that effect in photos. I normally tuck my pocket flaps in as a result. I guess it isn't so noticeable in real life though, never received a comment like that. I have had other SF members point it out in photos though.

19. Tibor

Tibor Senior member

Very generous of you to assume I don't. Some distortion plus me pitching backwards, but I have noticed that hacking pockets tend to have that effect in photos. I normally tuck my pocket flaps in as a result. I guess it isn't so noticeable in real life though, never received a comment like that. I have had other SF members point it out in photos though.

yfyf, the cut and silhouette of your outfits are always immaculate.

20. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

I had noticed it on some photos of mine as well. When I shot photos at hip level of suits with hacking pockets, the lens distortion always made me look hip heavy. Moreover, I remember you selling old suits of yours that were 36-38 at the largest. Generally, fat men don't fit into said sizes. Btw, did you ever sell that blue sharkskin suit you had up so many moons ago?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.