• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime
DSC03800.jpg

Watch - Russian 1950's single button chrono - de-dialed, customized

Interesting idea. Probably not as original as I think, but then I know nothing about watches.

Diavolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Well, I think that I've mentioned that I have posted very few evening and weekend photos. So, there is a whole range of informality on one side and formality on the other that hasn't appeared here.

So, I guess today is a peek into a more warm weather (thus, antipodal) weekend or casual night out look.

- B

what's "antipodal" mean?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Diavolo
what's "antipodal" mean?

Well, it's an old word and it's original denotation was, "possessor of many fjords" and "companion of many sheep."

These days, the colloquial usage often refers to miners from the Outback, particularly the violent ones who drag the faces of others through gravel.

- B

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Sunny and hot today, and attire to match...maybe a little too Miami Vice (the old one)?

IMG_6862.jpg

IMG_6869.jpg

Love that jacket!!!! Miami Vice would have demanded the Polo be a T-Shirt, and the pants linen, preferably white.

I hate to say it, man, but that Polo kinda screwed this look. Still, love that jacket!

Mike

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Love that jacket!!!! Miami Vice would have demanded the Polo be a T-Shirt, and the pants linen, preferably white.

I hate to say it, man, but that Polo kinda screwed this look. Still, love that jacket!

Mike

Thanks Mike...the jacket is seersucker, found it at a Richmond, Va Good Will for a whopping $3.50. Had to have the lapels and pockets slimmed though, was very 70s.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike...the jacket is seersucker, found it at a Richmond, Va Good Will for a whopping $3.50. Had to have the lapels and pockets slimmed though, was very 70s.

Well, the end product rocks!

Doxe

Reaction score

How were the lapels and pockets slimmed?

I'd imagine they'd just adjust the size of the poket flaps, correct?

With slimming the lapels, did the tailor have to take the jacket apart to do this? I would think this would play havoc with the canvassing.

A unique jacket either way.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel a black shoe counterattack building up...we always preferred black when I was young.

Black Weejuns. Black Gucci loafers. Black Church's Consuls. And that rara avis, black Topsiders.

- B

Black boat shoes? I am nearly your age, but I can't remember black Topsiders--ever. Perhaps I wasn't at the right clubs
frown.gif

I think that Trini would risk looking like a tool in black captoes with that suit. If anyone could surmount the risk, Trini would be the man.

mike540

Reaction score
Vox -I'm not going to quote it for the 400th time but really like the jacket, shirt and shirt collar on Palm ***** Wednesday. Maybe just the pic; but the pants....not so much, they do seem wide in the side shot.

NYR, really like your jacket as well but agree the polo doesn't work. Maybe something with a stronger collar.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attolini (for Luciano Barbera) unlined, uncavassed linen 3 roll 2 "sack" jacket

I want coats like this.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I wish!! Sometimes they fit, sometimes they don't. This one is a decent fit out of the box....I am not going to give Voxy a run for his money, but I am happy with it. I appreciate the props though!

I guess I am going to have to sack up and bust out the Purple Label with the monster chalk stripes. I have only worn it in public once, and that was to be Gomez Adams to my Ex-wife's Morticia while hauling the kiddies around for Halloween. That outing was made even more appropriate when I discovered the suit had Disney wardrobe bar codes in it...I am not ******** you.
laugh.gif

It does fit really well though, and is bad ass. But it takes testicular fortitude to wear in public.

Mike

Aw, go for it! I wonder if it was built for Dick Tracy?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doxe
How were the lapels and pockets slimmed?

I'd imagine they'd just adjust the size of the poket flaps, correct?

With slimming the lapels, did the tailor have to take the jacket apart to do this? I would think this would play havoc with the canvassing.

A unique jacket either way.

Not sure really...but was done fairly easily with not much cost (~$25)...the biggest ***** mustr have been restitching the edges...yes I meant the flaps on the pockets.

Originally Posted by mike540

NYR, really like your jacket as well but agree the polo doesn't work. Maybe something with a stronger collar.

Thanks, originally had a RLBL Yellow Gingham set to go with a more structured collar, but with temps near 90 today, and the threat of no a/c at work, I figured I'd better be safe and comfortable. Needless to say when I walked in to work, the a/cs were blaring. So much for a fiscal crisis.
plain.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads