Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldog/oldtrix

oldog/oldtrix Senior member

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Thanks. Handed down from my grandfather, ca.40 years old.
    Perfecty sized to carry a Notebook in it!

I noticed the briefcase, too. In fact, I kept going back to look at the pic. The briefcase has a great color, size, and style. Surprised to learn it's 40 years old. It looks terrific.

3. RJE

RJE Senior member

Oldog For some reason, I'm expecting to see an eyepatch with that 'fit.

The elements trouble me: I don't like the shoes (in principle) or the jeans (the particular jeans - but I think this whenever I see you wearing jeans); the lack of socks troubles me, unless you're about to walk along the beach; the red pocket square seems too much; the bangles are ridiculous (as are all the beads people here wear). All this, and yet put together, I don't mind the result.

There should be more turtlenecks here - SF seems uncomfortable with them. I also like the blazer fit compared with some of your suit jackets (which remind of me Yachtie when he was losing weight).

4. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

my friend gave me this blazer. I'm wondering if I can salvage it with a good tailor. thoughts? and no i didn't wear it to work, i recognize this fit as is, is not acceptable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well...

The "good" thing is that it is too large... so it could be cut down. The "bad" thing... how much can/should you spend to rebuild a cotton blazer? You can find a new, more contemporary cotton blazer that fits for similar money to hacking this one up.

5. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

Lovely outfit ... you hit it out of the park.

TOUCHDOWN, as you say in America?

Friday!

Brighter and drier, but surprisingly chilly, rain forecast for later. I'm still not sure spring is really here yet...

MoK ... you're an inspiration.

Great use of that tie.

I really like that tie, and as HF says it works well with the SC.

[​IMG]

Kidding! But, it does say something about one's life when each time he gets adventurous with the tie, he think of HF, and each time he gets boring, he thinks of Parker's thread ...

Casual Friday: ​

Digging the coat, Nii!

I need my FIX!

Lulz

Each time I see that jacket I want one ... Just got something that may fill the void - we'll see when it comes in, but the photos were promising.

I have a feeling that oldog is loaded with photos of movie stars in the event that anyone was to question his look today, so let me anticipate - let's see them 'dog! I showed my two year old the chase scene from Bullit last night and Steve was wearing something in that spirit ...​

6. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Nice jacket. Spring cotton?

Yup - 1/4 lined ... Trying to will this weather to change!!

[​IMG]

back to back home-runs Trini. lovely jacket - deets?

I knew you were going to say that. Your grandfather must have been quite a modern chap.

lolz

A slight improvement over last week. Still a ways to go in the casual department though oldog.

Casual Friday:

jacket- Zaremba & Kaminski brspoke
    trousers- McNeal
    shirt- DaVinci MTM
    tie- Emanuel Berg knit
    shoes- CJ Connaught

Nice fit on the elements. I would have prefered a darker pair of wheels to create a balance with the darker upper half.

It's late.. My dealer called.. What do I do? Get in a cab PRONTO
    Sit down..
    [​IMG]

lolz ... you are gonna get jacked one of these days ... hanging around shady alley clutching 1000 dollar shoes.

New tie, had to try

(Miss in the last one. Liked it.)

i REALLY like the shirt.

7. D Yizz

D Yizz Senior member

Hello everyone. This is my first post on the forums and on this thread. Sorry for the crappy quality pics. I'll try to post better quality pics next time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. OffTheRack

OffTheRack Senior member

It would really help to see full-length photos to helpfully critique these. The closer shots make you look very pear-shaped, which I'm sure affects the overall aesthetic. Now, you may be a pear anyway (so am I, so I totally empathise!) but those closer shots really exaggerate it.

BTW, is the second jacket Zegna Couture? If so, I have the same one, but in a 2 button configuration. The 2B has wider lapels too. It's interesting to see it come in two different configurations even in ready-to-wear.

Holdfast, I don't think that I'm exceptionally pear-shaped, but you're very right to point out that the cut of this jacket, especially at those angles, really makes me appear to be. It is Zegna Couture.

Here are some full body shots--and it's an useful study in lenses and angles. Shooting down toward my torso is far more flattering, and I think more accurate, than shooting up in to my torso.

I do believe my alterations tailor suppressed the waste too much here. Is there anything that can be done about this?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

PG, Awesome!!

10. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BB Cashmere jacket
    BB shirt
    Kiton tie
    Brioni ps
    Behr pants
    CJ shoes
    socks who knows

11. JPHardy

JPHardy Senior member

Slowly.. Breath..
    [​IMG]

Fawking Killer!

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Kidding! But, it does say something about one's life when each time he gets adventurous with the tie, he think of HF, and each time he gets boring, he thinks of Parker's thread ...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Holdfast, I don't think that I'm exceptionally pear-shaped, but you're very right to point out that the cut of this jacket, especially at those angles, really makes me appear to be. It is Zegna Couture.

Here are some full body shots--and it's an useful study in lenses and angles. Shooting down toward my torso is far more flattering, and I think more accurate, than shooting up in to my torso.

Yep, the other angle is loads more flattering. If that's also what it looks like when looked at from most people's eye-level, you're fine and it looks good. If it feels too tight, as long as there's enough inlay left, the tailor should be able to let it back out a touch again.

13. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

[​IMG]

the collar looks tight in an uncomfortable way?

14. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

lovely jacket - deets?

Thanks. It's an Isaia Base V.

15. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

the collar looks tight in an uncomfortable way?

It's the angle of the shot...collar is fine - I can get two fingers in, no problem (ayoooooooooooo)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.