• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
Thanks. Handed down from my grandfather, ca.40 years old.
Perfecty sized to carry a Notebook in it!

I noticed the briefcase, too. In fact, I kept going back to look at the pic. The briefcase has a great color, size, and style. Surprised to learn it's 40 years old. It looks terrific.

RJE

Reaction score
Oldog For some reason, I'm expecting to see an eyepatch with that 'fit.

The elements trouble me: I don't like the shoes (in principle) or the jeans (the particular jeans - but I think this whenever I see you wearing jeans); the lack of socks troubles me, unless you're about to walk along the beach; the red pocket square seems too much; the bangles are ridiculous (as are all the beads people here wear). All this, and yet put together, I don't mind the result.

There should be more turtlenecks here - SF seems uncomfortable with them. I also like the blazer fit compared with some of your suit jackets (which remind of me Yachtie when he was losing weight).

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poissa
my friend gave me this blazer. I'm wondering if I can salvage it with a good tailor. thoughts? and no i didn't wear it to work, i recognize this fit as is, is not acceptable.

khaki2m.jpg

khaki1.jpg

Well...

The "good" thing is that it is too large... so it could be cut down. The "bad" thing... how much can/should you spend to rebuild a cotton blazer? You can find a new, more contemporary cotton blazer that fits for similar money to hacking this one up.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Lovely outfit ... you hit it out of the park.

TOUCHDOWN, as you say in America?

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Friday!

Brighter and drier, but surprisingly chilly, rain forecast for later. I'm still not sure spring is really here yet...

MoK ... you're an inspiration.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Great use of that tie.

I really like that tie, and as HF says it works well with the SC.

uhoh.gif

Kidding! But, it does say something about one's life when each time he gets adventurous with the tie, he think of HF, and each time he gets boring, he thinks of Parker's thread ...

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Casual Friday:​

Digging the coat, Nii!

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
I need my FIX!

Lulz

Originally Posted by TRINI

Each time I see that jacket I want one ... Just got something that may fill the void - we'll see when it comes in, but the photos were promising.

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix

I have a feeling that oldog is loaded with photos of movie stars in the event that anyone was to question his look today, so let me anticipate - let's see them 'dog! I showed my two year old the chase scene from Bullit last night and Steve was wearing something in that spirit ...​

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice jacket. Spring cotton?

Yup - 1/4 lined ... Trying to will this weather to change!!

4464322305_074558058a.jpg

back to back home-runs Trini. lovely jacket - deets?

Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
I knew you were going to say that. Your grandfather must have been quite a modern chap.

lolz

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix

A slight improvement over last week. Still a ways to go in the casual department though oldog.

Originally Posted by macaroni
Casual Friday:

jacket- Zaremba & Kaminski brspoke
trousers- McNeal
shirt- DaVinci MTM
tie- Emanuel Berg knit
shoes- CJ Connaught

Nice fit on the elements. I would have prefered a darker pair of wheels to create a balance with the darker upper half.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
It's late.. My dealer called.. What do I do? Get in a cab PRONTO
Sit down..
Seated18BW.jpg

lolz ... you are gonna get jacked one of these days ... hanging around shady alley clutching 1000 dollar shoes.

Originally Posted by NOBD
New tie, had to try

(Miss in the last one. Liked it.)

i REALLY like the shirt.

D Yizz

Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is my first post on the forums and on this thread. Sorry for the crappy quality pics. I'll try to post better quality pics next time.

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

OffTheRack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
It would really help to see full-length photos to helpfully critique these. The closer shots make you look very pear-shaped, which I'm sure affects the overall aesthetic. Now, you may be a pear anyway (so am I, so I totally empathise!) but those closer shots really exaggerate it.

BTW, is the second jacket Zegna Couture? If so, I have the same one, but in a 2 button configuration. The 2B has wider lapels too. It's interesting to see it come in two different configurations even in ready-to-wear.

Holdfast, I don't think that I'm exceptionally pear-shaped, but you're very right to point out that the cut of this jacket, especially at those angles, really makes me appear to be. It is Zegna Couture.

Here are some full body shots--and it's an useful study in lenses and angles. Shooting down toward my torso is far more flattering, and I think more accurate, than shooting up in to my torso.

I do believe my alterations tailor suppressed the waste too much here. Is there anything that can be done about this?

c76d96d8-48b0-4f94-8018-3a0ba1a1d097_245x568r0.jpg
9aba733c-485b-482f-befa-c6a5f3c820e0_202x568r0.jpg

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PG, Awesome!!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
Kidding! But, it does say something about one's life when each time he gets adventurous with the tie, he think of HF, and each time he gets boring, he thinks of Parker's thread ...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OffTheRack
Holdfast, I don't think that I'm exceptionally pear-shaped, but you're very right to point out that the cut of this jacket, especially at those angles, really makes me appear to be. It is Zegna Couture.

Here are some full body shots--and it's an useful study in lenses and angles. Shooting down toward my torso is far more flattering, and I think more accurate, than shooting up in to my torso.

Yep, the other angle is loads more flattering. If that's also what it looks like when looked at from most people's eye-level, you're fine and it looks good. If it feels too tight, as long as there's enough inlay left, the tailor should be able to let it back out a touch again.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4464322305_074558058a.jpg

the collar looks tight in an uncomfortable way?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
lovely jacket - deets?

Thanks. It's an Isaia Base V.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
the collar looks tight in an uncomfortable way?

It's the angle of the shot...collar is fine - I can get two fingers in, no problem (ayoooooooooooo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads