HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Hey-where has TC been of late? On another suit-free tropical getaway?

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

HF, I confess I liked the Pucci tie. The loudness suits you.

It was a bit in-yer-face, yes. [​IMG]

Peace my forumites.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking great, too.

Another great colour/pattern combo.

L'Ã[​IMG]tendard sanglant est levÃ[​IMG] Tuesday:

I was always on Tyranny's side, esp. when it comes from Sulka... [​IMG]

For those on the forum who over anal-lyse PG, here's something to knock your socks off....

No use of protractor & compass?

Other stuff I've liked:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Feeling frivolous:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Ahhh yes. I know the one you mean. I almost went for that, but stuck with the straight fresco in a similar shade of blue. Glad you're enjoying it.

One thing that I'll say abou the Crispaire with mohair is that it sheds wrinkles like they're nothing...so, it might be particularly good for the warm weather road warrior who doesn't want to torture his suits in hotel laundries.

But, if you must have a luxurious handle, forget it. It puts the "sanitation" in "sanitation worker."

This is a terrific tie. Everything looks great.

Very nice. I like this a lot.

Thank you.

- B

4. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

One thing that I'll say abou the Crispaire with mohair is that it sheds wrinkles like they're nothing...so, it might be particularly good for the warm weather road warrior who doesn't want to torture his suits in hotel laundries.

But, if you must have a luxurious handle, forget it. It puts the "sanitation" in "sanitation worker."

- B

Nice. I don't buy suits that don't handle wrinkles well. The more sanitation looking the better!

5. George

George Senior member

One thing that I'll say about the Crispaire with mohair is that it sheds wrinkles like they're nothing...so, it might be particularly good for the warm weather road warrior who doesn't want to torture his suits in hotel laundries. But, if you must have a luxurious handle, forget it. It puts the "sanitation" in "sanitation worker." , Thank you. - B
    It has that Mohair lustre as well. I have a crispaire mohair, a grey one ***505 IIRC. It's a 2 ply mohair, a nice cloth which tailors very well and lends itself to a sharp, 'modish' look. I've always though of it as dressy cloth, not a summer cloth. Better on the younger man IMO though.[​IMG]

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I was always on Tyranny's side,

Quand nos aÃ[​IMG][​IMG]s n'y seront plus,
    Nous y trouverons leur poussière
    Et la trace de leurs vertus

- B

7. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

It has that Mohair lustre as well. I have a crispaire mohair, a grey one ***505 IIRC. It's a 2 ply mohair, a nice cloth which tailors very and lends ends itself to a sharp, 'modish' look. I've always though of it as dressy cloth, not a summer cloth. Better on the younger man IMO though.

Hmmm....on reflection, agreed. It is not as summery as a more loosely woven plain fresco, and I can see your point about its dressiness, in the flavor of a dinner suit fabric.

But Dormeuil Tonik for the mod win, though.

- B

8. forex

forex Senior member

L'Ã[​IMG]tendard sanglant est levÃ[​IMG] Tuesday:

[​IMG]

[click photo for larger photo if you wish]

MBTâ„¢ (Mystery Bespoke Tailorâ„¢) 3 hard roll 2 suit in Holland & Sherry Crispaire
    Borrelli shirt, double cuffs
    Sulka knit tie
    Tiffany sterling and 18K links
    Hober Macclesfield square
    DorÃ[​IMG]-DorÃ[​IMG] socks
    Vass Paris in Bordeaux shell cordovan, F last
    Tiffany Etoile band in platinum
    A. Lange & Söhne Saxonia (gen I) in white 18k, midnight blue face and band

Closeup:

[​IMG]

- B

Nice,Vox.
    Slightly short suit jacket and open quarters flatter you. How many inches are your lapels?Are you rocking 4"?

9. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Paper WorK Day At Work

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shirt=PL
    Belt=Tommy Bahama
    Pants=APC NS
    Shoes=RL
    Watch=Accutron Chrono

10. George

George Senior member

Agreed, but Dormeuil Tonik for the mod win, though. - B
    The original Tonik was a 3 ply. I have 4 suits made from that stuff, I used to get it from the mill shop of the mill that used to weave it. £40 for a suit length back in the early nineties, god knows what it was retail. My little Italian tailor at the time used to love tailoring it. The stuff they sell now I beleive is called Tonik 2000. doesn't fell like the old beast though. The only 3 ply I know of now is the Titan mohair from Scabal. You do get occasional bolts showing up at places like Bateman and Ogdens but not very often these days. My little Italian tailor always wanted me to get a suit made out of cloth from the old Reid & Taylor book, 18oz, Jesus! He said it tailored beautifully though, but the patterns were a bit fuddy-duddy as I recall. I believe the quality of Reid & Taylor is not what it once was.

11. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Nice,Vox.
    Slightly short suit jacket and open quarters flatter you. How many inches are your lapels?Are you rocking 4"?

Thanks. Yes, the lapels are 4".

The jacket lengths on the MBT™ and Steed are essentially the same...we're talking quarter inch or half inch difference depending on sample at most.

[​IMG][​IMG]

If I had to guess, the general impression that there's a big difference probably comes from the optical illusion that the more curved front makes for shorter jacket on the MBT™. Also, there tends to be a lot more shape to the jackets on the Steeds, with a curvier flow to the sleeves...this might make the waist look higher, and the jacket a bit longer. But, that is just conjecture.

People often think of Rubinacci jackets as short, and perhaps they are, but here's Poo and me in DBs, his from Ruby, mine from Steed (we are the same height):

[​IMG][​IMG]

If there is a difference in jacket length, it is not a large difference. I'm long legged and shorter torsoed; Mattypoo seems to be the reverse, judging from his other pics; but, our tailors have basically divided us at the same point.

I hope that the digression was food for thought.

- B

12. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Armani blazer
    Brioni pocket-square
    Malo polo
    MB pant
    MD belt
    RLP socks
    Prada loafers
    ADP cologne
    Tiffany watch

13. Vitaly

Vitaly Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fine and graceful look!!! Very harmonious combination of colours!
    Today In the mood orange)
    "-Стильный оранжевый галстук мне верным спутником стал")
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. forex

forex Senior member

Thanks. Yes, the lapels are 4".

The jacket lengths on the MBTâ„¢ and Steed are essentially the same...we're talking quarter inch or half inch difference depending on sample at most.

[​IMG][​IMG]

- B

I definitely think that Steeds are better shaped and fit you better. MBT creates a better visual is all,I think slightly open quarters on MBT stray away from the more traditional English look and are more pleasant to the eye.
    I liked the last windowpane bespoke suit from Steed,it had more open quarters but you said you sent it back so I have no idea how it is going to look afterwards.
    I,however, retract my words that shorter suit jacket looks better on you,I think longer Steeds are better. MBT tends to make you look like a teenager with low rise pants and short jacket even though you are far away from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.