• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
You havent noticed the similarity between DTO and PG's fits? Even on the first DTO fit he posted ... i replied "PG-ish" or something to that effect. I honestly thought it was PG, but the photo quality and then screen name threw me off.

I however struggle with this whole issue - because i mean its the same things sold out there on the internet. At a point in time, there is going to be some swagger-jacking ... or homage (whichever way you want to call it).

I cant speak for PG, but i think its the consistency that sent him over the edge. Needless to say, for the betterment of WAYWRN II, i hope they both make up and wear similar outfits tomorrow.

I can't speak for PG, but it's one thing to have some of the same item,s such as the BC sports coat or the CJ Dbl Monks that are SF favorites, but another to complete copy a members complete look.

I full body shot hasn't been posted AFAIK, but I think he even went as far as been Asian as well.
devil.gif

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I have to agree- and with respect to the oft well-dressed CP, I've been meaning to make a similar comment.

I mean, Nii looks like shinola today... but I wuv him anyway.
laugh.gif

bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

Are you the window cleaner looking into my office now?

Sike - i didnt even post yet ... lol.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

Are you the window cleaner looking into my office now?

Sike - i didnt even post yet ... lol.

Dude- I attached a remote digital fly to you last time you hit up the TC.

Get. With.The.Times. Homes.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JPHardy
I can't speak for PG, but it's one thing to have some of the same item,s such as the BC sports coat or the CJ Dbl Monks that are SF favorites, but another to complete copy a members complete look.

I full body shot hasn't been posted AFAIK, but I think he even went as far as been Asian as well.
devil.gif

So the who Vox Iammatt thingy is wrong?

Damn... where'd I put my note pad.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but I think he even went as far as been Asian as well.
devil.gif

How dare he?!
laugh.gif

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

devil.gif

I don't think it's the copying, per se. All of us are guilty of seeing a look on here and trying to copy it. However, it seems there's much more involved here (see: countless emails/PMs asking about sources)

I can see how that can get on someone's nerves.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Shadowy Monday:- B

Some great stuff lately Bill. I like when you wear shirts that sit higher on your neck. This one seems to slouch.

DTO

Reaction score
Well, people here obviously focus on small similarities more than differences.
Too bad
eh.gif
you guys are taking it too serious...
But to be honest, i was waiting for someone to point out this sooner or later, as i DELIBERATELY do it as a JOKE more than a PG wanna be dress-alike attempt.
I don't want anyone to think me as an epigone as i'm not. There is one garment i copied from PG when i knew he had it, that is the Linen DB; the brown-blue check is purely by accident; when i was reviewing PG's old photo then i've realized that he did own the same jacket and it's kinda awkward to post the same jacket online. but then i think what the heck, make a joke; as people are taking this too serious and vicious.
Not fair to say about the bracelets.
the budda one --> from family, as we are buddhists. my mother gave me as a gift to wish me safe and happy when i'm away from HK. i kiss that everyday.
Bracelets --> too bad it's from tods. the BV one is a gift from my GF, which seems to be a waste when i dont wear it.
Shirts --> PL doesnt really have too many shirt fabrics comparing to other stores; and PL is my only current HK shirt makers apart from T&A in Britain. chances that we collide are larger.
Shoes --> Walneal from Tassels, HK actually recommended that Alden to me when i was there the first time.
plain.gif

-DTO

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sonny1983
The shoes are built like tanks. They seem a tad bigger for me than others, say Bruno Magli's, in the same size. I have three Fratelli Rossetti's. Stores are only in Chicago and NYC in America.
Thanks. I've only once seen the shoes at their boutique in Antwerp - they looked nice. The brand is not sold at all here in the Netherlands as far as I can see.

Originally Posted by gregaz
DSC_1120.jpg

Like this.

Today's fit is terrific Vox - very nicely combined and a lovely suit.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Some great stuff lately Bill. I like when you wear shirts that sit higher on your neck. This one seems to slouch.

Thank you.

I agree that that collars higher on my neck work better for me, and it's one of the things that I'll be discussing with Whittaker in a couple weeks.

- B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads