1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calisanfran

calisanfran Distinguished Member

[​IMG]
    Photos of Philadelphia always bring back good memories of the 2 yrs I lived there!!

2. Spizzy

Spizzy Member

Welcome Spizzy. Looking good - as others have noted, experiment with a different tie know (I had to unteach myself the Full Windsor when I got to SF), but the fit is very nice.

Thanks! I actually never tie a full-windsor, this was a half- but the tie is a thick material. I shall try a four in hand next time.

3. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Distinguished Member

Welcome Spizzy. Looking good - as others have noted, experiment with a different tie know (I had to unteach myself the Full Windsor when I got to SF), but the fit is very nice.
    Why did you have to unteach it? It can be great look with the right collar and body/ facial type.

4. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Distinguished Member

how old are you, young man?

Stopping in for some coffee before I go out dancing and drinking tonight. I apologize for the mobile phone quality.

1882 Dunlap and Co. Beaver Bell Curve Top Hat
    1890's Full Evening Dress with matching vest
    Modern self-tie silk bow tie.
    1950's pocket watch
    White Rose picked from my garden
    I will be buying more Bell Curve Silk Plush top hats soon and assembling a more complete morning dress ensemble.

[​IMG]

5. Tibor

Tibor Distinguished Member

how old are you, young man?

I am 22.

6. luftvier

luftvier Distinguished Member

I covet this outfit. While rather costumey by S/F standards, it's still sharp as hell, and with the right swagger you can surely pull it off.

Where did you pick up the evening dress? It's stunning!

[​IMG]

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

So jealous of that 1892 black tie rig T...excellent! March 12, 1892 was the day my great-grandfather entered the US with 2 bags and $10 in his pocket...he would have dreamed f that tux...of course he was 6'2", so perhaps his dream the suit would have been a 44L!

8. binge

binge Distinguished Member

new year's eve (our digital camera appears to be from the future), decided to go with a suit instead of the tuxedo to see a jazz show and drink/ revel a little.

Kennedy Center, no? Takes me back to my NoVa days...soft-shell crab at Sequoia followed by a show by the NSO...good times.

9. NewYorkIslander

New Year's Day at gramma and papa's...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Specifics
    JCrew Cap
    Vintage Tweed Sportcoat
    BR Cotton Sweater
    A&F Flannel Shirt
    Bills M3 Khakis
    Alden for JCrew Whiskey Longwings
    MCFC Scarf (Mancini-like)​

10. NaturalShoulder

NaturalShoulder Senior Member

NYR - How do you like the M-3? They look good.

11. NewYorkIslander

NYR - How do you like the M-3? They look good.

Thank you...they're not as slim as I would have imagined...certainly not like Incotex. The cotton is nice and heavy and they seem to be well constructed.

12. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Distinguished Member

aha-- I was guessing around twenty. In addition to old-timey costumes, hope there are a few H&M or similar suits for looking like you're in your 20s and enjoying it [​IMG]

I am 22.

13. Tibor

I covet this outfit. While rather costumey by S/F standards, it's still sharp as hell, and with the right swagger you can surely pull it off.

Where did you pick up the evening dress? It's stunning!

Thank you. I feel very natural, comfortable, and confident in my Full Evening dress. IMHO the full Evening dress is something timelessly elegant and romantic. To me it is a symbol of chivalry and honor. It represents some of my values, which I happen to feel very deeply in my soul. To me the tail coat and top hat is a form self expression, and I truly believe that self expression is the celebration of life.

The tailcoat was given to me by a friend.

14. Tibor

aha-- I was guessing around twenty. In addition to old-timey costumes, hope there are a few H&M or similar suits for looking like you're in your 20s and enjoying it [​IMG]

If I was in an H&M or trendy suit, that is the moment I would be wearing a costume.

15. luftvier

luftvier Distinguished Member

Thank you. I feel very natural, comfortable, and confident in my Full Evening dress. IMHO the full Evening dress is something timelessly elegant and romantic. To me it is a symbol of chivalry and honor. It represents some of my values, which I happen to feel very deeply in my soul. To me the tail coat and top hat is a form self expression, and I truly believe that self expression is the celebration of life.

The tailcoat was given to me by a friend.

I've my eyes out for dress like that in a long time - still looking, obviously!

By best addition recently was a 1930s/40s DB tux with grosgrain lapels. That tux makes me feel confident and elegant both - much more so than the trendy Boss 3btn notch lapel I picked up a few years ago.

Congrats on that acquisition!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.