• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
e924a962.jpg

The fit of your suit is particularly good today!

Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
2cgepmg.jpg

Neat sweater. Is it PRL?

Originally Posted by Holdfast
feb10003.jpg

Way to rock the white trench--looks great!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B-School Interview Wednesday in the A:
1a1c855f.jpg

Very banker-ly, Nii. Where's the interview? Emory? I agree with Lufty - with a JD/MBA, one usually ends up using one degree much, much more than the other.

ajv

Reaction score

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fantastic Kilgour suit ID, I love the overcoat also, great shoulders on the coat
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
StyleForvm warning; black shoes abundant in this post. Apologies about the pose, but I twisted my knee last week.

composite.jpg

Kilgour 10oz Loro Piana suit
TM Lewin St. James's shirt
PRL tie
Rubinacci London House pocket square
Tricker's Belgrave

PRL suit
Turnbull & Asser
RLPL Tie
Rubinacci London House pocket square
Burberry Prorsum overcoat

KtownGreg

Reaction score
Caught a little snow. Nothing like the Northeast. I hope everyone is warm and dry. Trying out a new collar and new knot (for me). Yes I did tame the PS. Too much blue??

Feb853.jpg

Feb852.jpg

Feb851.jpg

TwoStep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv
Thank you

Seeing that you are located in Geneva check out the Bottega Veneta store. They had them there last time I checked.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Nii, unless you really want to practice as a lawyer and/or get a free ride to your JD accedidation institution of choice, don't do it. It's money simply wasted. You'll learn just as much necessary business info through the MBA.

thanks for the advice lufty. i've heard that too ... and know a couple MBA/JDs who are hardly using their JDs except for minor M&A deals at work. definitely something to think about since its not only money wasted ... but time and brain cells too!!

Originally Posted by ld111134
Allan Sherman! He wrote the lyrics to "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah", "Shine on Harvey Bloom" and "The Ballad of Harry Lewis".

your knowledge of music consistently impresses me lou.
worship.gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Its funny you said that - I just picked up a bottle of Santal by Creed this week and I couldnt place where the scent was familiar from.... they smell very similar.

i have to go that out at Macy's after work today. Just to smell the scent and reminisce ... lol. are you back stateside?

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
School uniform:
... and, after more than a year of abstinence, this new toy finally cleared customs:
DSC01063.jpg

niice!! welcome back ob5 ... sort of ... you've been posting rarely lately.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Hope it went well - nothing to frighten an interviewer here but not dull either
smile.gif

i told them about being a member of styleforvm .... i hope it helped/helps my application ...
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

Originally Posted by Mannix
The fit of your suit is particularly good today!

Originally Posted by ld111134
Very banker-ly, Nii. Where's the interview? Emory? I agree with Lufty - with a JD/MBA, one usually ends up using one degree much, much more than the other.

my boss said the same thing ... about looking banker-ly. i snarked backed that "i had an interview with a bank" yeah - interview was at Emory ... and i think i'm leaning towards the solo MBA and just certifications/experience instead of the JD. really appreciate the PM too.

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
What a "power" look!!!!

thanks Maestro ... i hope they remember that during the application review process ... oh the guy with the power look - lets admit him ... lol.

Emulations

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Caught a little snow.Trying out a new collar and new knot (for me). Yes I did tame the PS. Too much blue??
The blues are fine in my opinion. I would try an asymmetrical four in hand knot with that collar. Nice look overall.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice lufty. i've heard that too ... and know a couple MBA/JDs who are hardly using their JDs except for minor M&A deals at work. definitely something to think about since its not only money wasted ... but time and brain cells too!!

your knowledge of music consistently impresses me lou.
worship.gif

i have to go that out at Macy's after work today. Just to smell the scent and reminisce ... lol. are you back stateside?

niice!! welcome back ob5 ... sort of ... you've been posting rarely lately.

i told them about being a member of styleforvm .... i hope it helped/helps my application ...
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

my boss said the same thing ... about looking banker-ly. i snarked backed that "i had an interview with a bank" yeah - interview was at Emory ... and i think i'm leaning towards the solo MBA and just certifications/experience instead of the JD. really appreciate the PM too.

thanks Maestro ... i hope they remember that during the application review process ... oh the guy with the power look - lets admit him ... lol.

Nii,what program are you applying for? I also considered Emory but I am too lazy to take the GMAT and very reluctant to pay for the program. I was supposed to start at GSU couple of years ago but I keep delaying the enrollment. I'll probably end up going to KSU
laugh.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should take pics one of these days...

RLPL shirt in white with semi-spread collar and barrel cuffs
Zegna tie in solid black with diagonal pattern
J. Crew cardigan in cotton / linen mid-tone gray with 2 light gray stripes on the left arm

GAP bootcut jeans in dark denim wash
RL Polo socks in ribbed cotton
To Boot New York bicycle-toe shoes in black suede with black piping

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Nii,what program are you applying for? I also considered Emory but I am too lazy to take the GMAT and very reluctant to pay for the program. I was supposed to start at GSU couple of years ago but I keep delaying the enrollment. I'll probably end up going to KSU
laugh.gif

I am interested in the evening MBA program. GSU would have been perfect ... Top 10 part time and Top 10 MBA - IT specialization (per US News), right down the street from work and cheap ... too bad no one knows much about it outside downtown Atlanta ...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Its a quandry!!

And yes - i do agree Emory is over-priced.

i'll PM you.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yep, back as of last night. Flew in just before the storm
facepalm.gif
now back to work tomorrow after digging out 12" of car.... dont think you will get a WAYWRN post then!

But let me tell you gents.... my "commande special" from Charvet was
inlove.gif
dream come true! The next 8-12 weeks cannot pass soon enough to hold my baby!
A quick tease :

DSC01092-1.jpg

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

fox81

Reaction score
First time in front of the judges.

Apologies for some of the nasty jpeg compression too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads