HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Going back for a masters?

yeah - trying to get a MBA/JD combo ... want to do more IT/Finance Strategy ... still not 100% sold on the ROI and career advancement it will provide, but getting the interviews and such out of the way while i think it through. And hopefully they dont think this is how all workers dress. Sticking with the pocket square ... lol.

Damn I want that tie Dawg. [​IMG]

BB #1 stripe tie ... went for the the conservative option.

2. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

yeah - trying to get a MBA/JD combo ... want to do more IT/Finance Strategy ... still not 100% sold on the ROI and career advancement it will provide, but getting the interviews and such out of the way while i think it through. And hopefully they dont think this is how all workers dress. Sticking with the pocket square ... lol. BB #1 stripe tie ... went for the the conservative option.
    Do you already have a CFA? I'm not one to give career advice, but alot of large financials are looking for both MBA's and CFA's, anyways good luck I hope it turns out well for you!

3. AlwaysDressed

AlwaysDressed Senior member

4. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Do you already have a CFA?

I'm not one to give career advice, but alot of large financials are looking for both MBA's and CFA's, anyways good luck I hope it turns out well for you!

Naah - dont have a CFA ... i dont do financial analysis so never got one .. Havent really used much of the Accounting major i got from college ... Been using the CS and Math majors rather.

Since i work primarily with IT systems related to financial reporting all i needed was my CISA and CISSP... but i am kinda getting tired/bored with financial reporting, which is why i want to go into IT Strategy.

But just looking online at the requirements of jobs i would like to do in the future, even within IT Strategy, i'm definitely seeing that some knowledge in Financial Analysis will help me a great deal. I really like IT more than Finance ... although i know having Financial experience makes for an easier and more diverse career progression path than IT (at least, thats what i think).

5. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

yeah - trying to get a MBA/JD combo ... want to do more IT/Finance Strategy ... still not 100% sold on the ROI and career advancement it will provide, but getting the interviews and such out of the way while i think it through. And hopefully they dont think this is how all workers dress. Sticking with the pocket square ... lol.

BB #1 stripe tie ... went for the the conservative option.

Nii, are you in an MBA/JD program now?. Reminds me of a friend who is an U of C MBA, a CFA and a CPA...so now he's a CFO. [​IMG]

6. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

[​IMG]

Dear MoK, I normally love your style - but, looks all too big in this photo - Have you lost some serious weight??

T

7. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Nii, are you in an MBA/JD program now?. Reminds me of a friend who is an U of C MBA, a CFA and a CPA...so now he's a CFO. [​IMG]

Nah - thats what i am interviewing for today. I dont know if i could be a CFO ... i like Accounting, but not enough to be a CFO ... I like more business, IT and operations ... CIO, CTO, Chief Strategy Officer, COO ... yeah more like it.

Are you hiring? I'll dress well to work.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Naah - dont have a CFA ... i dont do financial analysis so never got one .. Havent really used much of the Accounting major i got from college ... Been using the CS and Math majors rather.

Since i work primarily with IT systems related to financial reporting all i needed was my CISA and CISSP... but i am kinda getting tired/bored with financial reporting, which is why i want to go into IT Strategy.

But just looking online at the requirements of jobs i would like to do in the future, even within IT Strategy, i'm definitely seeing that some knowledge in Financial Analysis will help me a great deal. I really like IT more than Finance ... although i know having Financial experience makes for an easier and more diverse career progression path than IT (at least, thats what i think).

Yes definitely, one of my good friends works in the IT area of a large financial news provider, and they stress the importance of a CFA for that field, which I think allows you the ability to become a candidate for an IT development position in at an investment bank or hedgefund.

9. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

yeah - trying to get a MBA/JD combo ... want to do more IT/Finance Strategy ... still not 100% sold on the ROI and career advancement it will provide, but getting the interviews and such out of the way while i think it through.
    Nii, unless you really want to practice as a lawyer and/or get a free ride to your JD accedidation institution of choice, don't do it. It's money simply wasted. You'll learn just as much necessary business info through the MBA.
    Harvey's a CPA He works for IBM He went to MIT And got his PHD. Sheila's a girl I know At BBDNO She works the PBX And makes out the checks.
    BTW, I am in my robe and pajamas. I don't have to go to work today and the courts are closed. No, I will not be posting a pic of my amazing outfit.

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

BTW, I am in my robe and pajamas. I don't have to go to work today and the courts are closed. No, I will not be posting a pic of my amazing outfit.
    Thank you!!! [​IMG]

11. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

12. Jawbreak

Jawbreak Senior member

Nice scarf knot.

Thanks for the instructions on pg. 213. [​IMG]

13. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

^
    You're welcome.

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

[​IMG]

The coat is awesome. [​IMG]

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...W/DSC_9830.jpg
    Think the sleeve length needs work ...

Jacket also seems a fraction (just a fraction) short too. But the gun club colours are great and I adore the tie (source?).

Pretty cool jacket fabric.

[​IMG]

LOVE this outfit. [​IMG]

Trimmed the neckline on the 2-week(-ish) facial fuzz:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Really nice combo today Holdfast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.