• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
greymatters.gif

460a0b42.jpg

11d47c7f.jpg

Love this suit. Black shoes, man!!! Black shoes!!

Originally Posted by NOBD
In for the fun

conservative business dress is creative business dress, right? Anyway... plain gray, as dark as
it comes. Cashmere, linen and suede to tame the suit shine.
Careful"”it moves.

iiwaywrngreymatters.gif

Oh, so close. Another victim of brown shoe temptation.....

Originally Posted by TTO
GREY ...

Cool suit, that would look much better if it fit.

Sorry about your friend, TTO.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
5248671113_5f91918192_z.jpg

5248671141_0ed63c72c6_z.jpg

Very sharp, TC. Not conservative business dress, but very nice. You look great these days.

Originally Posted by Holdfast

I don't have a solid grey suit outside of a night-out only pure silk DB. So you'll have to settle for this charcoal grey 3pc instead. I would consider what I'm wearing a very conservative and business appropriate outfit. Possibly in a different decade, admittedly. But still business appropriate.
devil.gif

Messing around with a different template. Won't normally use this one, but I liked it for today:

dec10006.jpg

PS. the unpictured shoes were black, too. See how conservative business dress I am...?
tongue.gif

Hmmmmm......conservative business dress in London, perhaps. Here in the US of A..you are a dandy.
lol8[1].gif

Love the DB vest.

Mike

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
dressed up for a dinner party tonight. I think the jacket buttons a little higher than I'd like.

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

Very well done!

greymatters.gif

460a0b42.jpg

11d47c7f.jpg

click below for color version

f15817d0.jpg

Tom Ford
Borrelli
Borrelli
Gaziano & Girling

Yes! But let me repeat what another has already said: that suit requires black shoes.

Originally Posted by bleachboy
Don't think I can beat the big tymer outfits, so a regular fit today.

2010-12-10c.jpg

Dood, you are a big tymer. Now let's talk about your shoes... I love them! Who makes them?

Originally Posted by TTO
GREY ...

...coat is definitely too short...also to snug full-stop and not really very sleep inducing, but its the plainest of my two grey Suits...
Spoo, this is my budget version of your T.Ford beauty!

Yeah, the fit is way off, but the waistcoat....
inlove.gif

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom Ford

Dammit, that's the one I wanted. I really like this on you, and I don't mind the brown shoes given your choice of tie.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
OK, this is as conservative business dress as I can get. I also tried the vintage Oxxford...which cuts a nicer line...but with the skinny lapels and flapless pockets, would be gonged by Manton's code of conservative business dress.

I tried to stick to Manton's code to the T.

Southwick for Perlis New Orleans 2/3 roll in medium charcoal suit
Vintage Elliot Gant, NY tie
Pebble grain Florsheim Imperial Boats.

Bring on the boredom!

Mike

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/8541/conservative business dress-1.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/8541/conservative business dress-2.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-1/8541/conservative business dress-3.JPG

Manton would probably get you for having a pocketsquare, and derbies over oxfords.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Manton would probably get you for having a pocketsquare, and derbies over oxfords.

He said the PS was acceptable, but optional. I don't think anyone in a conservative business dress environment is going to bat an eyelash at a pair of black longwings.

Mike

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

]

I'm gonna disagree with everyone and say that this suit is very uncharacteristically BAD for you.

The top and bottom are inconsistent, incongruent.

The top is shapeless, sack-like in fit while the bottom is very tapered/fitted. One or the other, which is it?

That tie is too wide for the slimness of the lapel

Fit of the pants is also off. Too baggy in the thigh.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin

Very sharp, TC. Not conservative business dress, but very nice. You look great these days.

Thanks man, blew my conservative business dress wad yesterday and today is a casual day, just doing some shopping and administrative shyt.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too many syllables; not enough references to 1920's gay Parisian ***********ing:

Originally Posted by F. Corbera
This is a pervasive, general sentiment expressed quite often here recently.

It's based on a theory that the more experienced are interested in "educating" the less experienced, or that the more emphatic and opinionated have a desire to spend their time "helping" the timid and indecisive make up their minds.

In either case, the picture this paints is of a very lopsided dynamic. It might be a correct characterization of how things are here now, or it might be merely the well known human tendancy to reinvent the past as some rosier era.

At any rate, it's my opinion that the conflicts in the past were more heated and wierd than today. So heated and so weird that they continue to disort how these men's tailored clothing forums in the English language work.

Getting back to your point, I think by and large, that people who have an interest and fair knowledge of clothes through direct experience are mostly interested in forum threads involving other guys of like experience. This makes it a discussion rather than merely a remedial classroom.

Response to such boredom is most often silence, sometimes a retreat to topics other than clothes, or pulling wings off of flies.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Thanks man, blew my conservative business dress wad yesterday and today is a casual day, just doing some shopping and administrative shyt.

What's with the slave labor before bingo night?

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Too many syllables; not enough references to 1920's gay Parisian ***********ing:

You know them, the surrealistgenderqueers Claude Cahun and Marcel Moore?

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
I'm gonna disagree with everyone and say that this suit is very uncharacteristically BAD for you.

The top and bottom are inconsistent, incongruent.

The top is shapeless, sack-like in fit while the bottom is very tapered/fitted. One or the other, which is it?

That tie is too wide for the slimness of the lapel

Fit of the pants is also off. Too baggy in the thigh.

Srsly? The chest is lean, there's just a hint of X at the button...if this were any more suppressed, it'd be too tight.

As for the trou, the leg opening might be a bit too slim, but otherwise the cut is there. The thigh isn't baggy at all, the back rise is just too long for the way the trousers sit on Baron with the belt. He needs to wear braces or, better yet, have the waistband lowered in the back.

The skinnymania that some on this board are afflicted with is nuts. If anything on Baron's suit was slimmer, he'd look like a stuffed sausage. As it is, he just needs the slight tweak to the trousers and it'd be very good indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads