1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndw

ndw Senior member

*Looks outside* Blue sky, shiny sun. *Looks at thermometer* 82F........ [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ndw

ndw Senior member

@ NDW:

I appreciate the feedback and I think it's warranted. I will stick to my preference for hard three button jackets but I have had a few to the tailors for nipping at the waist (not this one ... yet!) and they usually come back better for it.

I don't have an issue with the hard three button, and it seems to work for your frame, but I think nipping the waist would really elevate the whole look and markedly improve the fit. If you remember to, please post a before and after comparison once you get it tailored. Also, jealous that it is warm enough to wear seersucker where you are...

3. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

Not sure there's all that much to say. The look is OK, but there's nothing particularly outstanding to praise, or egregious enough to damn. It's just a moderately-fitting, moderately-coordinated, passable outfit. It feels flat and lifeless at the moment. Of course, that last sentence acquires a whole new light if read in conjunction with your intended plans for the night! [​IMG]

Thanks for the comments. You're right..it all needs work. I dress casual every day, so I'm a noob at all of this. I am determined.

Might wear this instead Shirt courtesy of B&S. Thanks, Roguls.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

*Looks outside* Blue sky, shiny sun. *Looks at thermometer* 82F........ [​IMG]

Looks out window.....sunny sky, high of 79, humidity of around 85%.....and I am in a flannel DB. [​IMG]

Mike

5. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Thanks for the comments. You're right..it all needs work. I dress casual every day, so I'm a noob at all of this. I am determined.

Might wear this instead Shirt courtesy of B&S. Thanks, Roguls.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That is better, lose the Dad jeans.

Mike

6. D Yizz

D Yizz Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

*looks at workpile & deadline calendar* [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] *looks at cabinet in kitchenette, sees a bottle o Johhnie Black* [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. D Yizz

D Yizz Senior member

Looks out window.....sunny sky, high of 79, humidity of around 85%.....and I am in a flannel DB. [​IMG]

Mike

Daaaamn! lol

8. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

That is better, lose the Dad jeans.

Mike

Thanks.
    They look so much darker IRL. Will try some other pants.

9. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Thanks.
    They look so much darker IRL. Will try some other pants.

Also, pull down the sleeves...they seem to be bunching up.

Mike

10. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Mike

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. I was gonna go flannel DB but couldn't stomach it even at 72 degrees, 60%.

11. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Daaaamn! lol

I am hardcore, Yizz. [​IMG]

Mike

12. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

I can well imagine that my "fit" today will not be popular.
    [​IMG]

Actually, I thought this was one of the best I've yet seen from you.

[​IMG]

Similarly, this is very you - but a cut above the norm. I like.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Great stuff.

13. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

I fear this is more standard-friday than gold-standard... but: New boots. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

I fear this is more standard-friday than gold-standard... but: New boots. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The fit on that jacket is really good though.

Mike

15. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

[​IMG]

Like. Details on boots?

16. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

In lieu of a long-awaited but never materialising seersucker challenge, here's my entry for the Friday 'Gold Standard' challenge:

I am sure that there will be a seersucker challenge sometime later this spring/summer - it's not that warm up North here . . .

Mike

Mikey, you are man of steel - were it me, at that temp. and humidity, I would be man of oily sweat.

Actually, I thought this was one of the best I've yet seen from you.

Thanks - the color (or colour, depending on nationality of spell checker) scheme is very restrained for me, which may be why you liked it so much.

17. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Friday challenge-ing (Thanks to PA for his suggestion of a different helmet to alleviate the collar crushing of the previous one.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. JKMWCL

JKMWCL Senior member

0b5cur1ty Love the boots and all around fantastic Friday fit!

SugarButch Very nice...'tis a shame the PS doesn't have a little blue in it though.

19. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Friday challenge-ing (Thanks to PA for his suggestion of a different helmet to alleviate the collar crushing of the previous one.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is solid, SB. Well coordinated and the suit is a pretty good fit on you (a little shoulder divot action and maybe the lapels are pulling a scooch, hard to tell). Nice knot too.

Mike

20. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. I was gonna go flannel DB but couldn't stomach it even at 72 degrees, 60%.

Well, when you move from the AC of the house, to the AC of the car, to the AC of the office and back again...you don't feel the heat. If I had to be outside today, I would have chosen the paper thin blue Attolini.

Mikey, you are man of steel - were it me, at that temp. and humidity, I would be man of oily sweat.

My office is about 68, Crusty. I could wear that 10 pound Nutter three piece in August here. [​IMG]

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.