1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navi

Navi Senior member

Thanks - the tie was an unlined Kiton wool.

Also, yours was an entry today, right? Can you edit your post to include "Friday Challenge" in it so I can include you if it was?

Sure, added. I didn't think my fit was good enough to be an entry but hell, why not? [​IMG] Also, I envy your Kiton collection.... I might kill a man for it to be mine. [​IMG]

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Also, I envy your Kiton collection.... I might kill a man for it to be mine. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

Also, I envy your Kiton collection.... I might kill a man for it to be mine. [​IMG]

Navi, You might need a lookout man. I can do it for 5 or 6 fits. And I'm very good at keeping secrets.[​IMG]

Nice fit of your own btw...though the SC looks a tiny bit on the big side.

4. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

As I post today's attire, I note that, in architectural terms, the prevailing style on WAYWRN is like that of the Seagrams building in New York - tall and thin, the bronze skin of the exterior of the building stretched tightly over the building's frame, simple lines, almost no ornamentation of any sort, but made with the most luxurious of materials.

I think most of you strive for a style like that.

Whereas you're all trying to be the Seagrams building, I'm more naturally striving for Blenheim Palace. Let us hope that my cornices, architraves, and pilasters are in good order today.

I can well imagine that my "fit" today will not be popular. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, let me predict people's reactions.

Mbreinin will hate the fact that I'm wearing purple.

Spoopoker will hate the fact that I'm not wearing ENOUGH purple.

Acridsheep will dislike the amount of bling.

Spoozy will not understand why all three pieces of my suit match.

Orgetorix will be horrified that I thrifted nothing that I was wearing (though, in my own defense, I bought nothing a full retail - I have SOME principles, after all).

Threadbearer will not understand why I'm not wearing argyles

Holdfast will wonder what deep-seated psychological problems drive me to dress as I do

UrbanComposition will whizz past my posting in his need for speed scrolling

NORE/Forex/Bigbris (I posit that they are one in the same) will be too busy reaching for an anti-regurgitant upon seeing my face to notice what I'm wearing

and

Oldog/Oldtrix will say nothing, as the Buddha of Pattern Matching instructs best by example, showing the true path towards sartorial nirvana (possibly leading to various spots on upper Madison Avenue, Jermyn St., and Savile Row on the way).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thats a great disclaimer intro [​IMG] (and I love the tie, even though its not purple)

6. barims

barims Senior member

false

At least this thread is doing its job, no?

Miele?

Hai

A purple safari jacket?? Yes please [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. barims

barims Senior member

Thats a great disclaimer intro [​IMG] (and I love the tie, even though its not purple)

I have a complaint - he didn't predict what Nii might say

8. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Hai

Is that a yes?

9. barims

barims Senior member

^ You don't speak it, the Japanese?

Well, neither do I, but the answer to your question is "yes", either way

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

On the bat wing versus butterfly wing bow tie- see Roger Moore and Sean Connery on that blog. Note Roger's shirt ruffles.
    I already did. And he looks awesome. [​IMG]
    edit: Opinions on my new tie above? Got it today, not sure if it's too busy but I like the pattern. From afar it looks pretty cool, imo.
    The whole look gives off an late-80s vibe to me (colours & textures especially). Personally, I loved the clothes in that era, so rock on. I suspect that you will find that it is not SF's preferred time-period, however.
    The sun is already out here, so i guess brightness is fine.
    In that case - as I look out the window into overcast skies and steady drizzle - lucky you!
    I loved the preamble. I like today's look too, esp. the shirt/tie combo. FRIDAY CHALLENGE I'm most at home in suits rather than odd jackets, so I had to pick a suit to wear. And I love bold looks, so navy pinstripe was the way to go. This new shirt is, I think, going to become a favourite of mine, so I wanted to use it too. The tie is perhaps a little subdued for me, but very much in the colour spectrum I like to use with navy suits, and the contrasting pocket square and the hidden maroon socks are examples of the little eccentric/non-SF touches that I enjoy using. And of course, the trouser leg is a trifle wider than most here prefer. So, yes, this is very much how I like to see myself, which is how I interpreted the challenge. My only regret is the lack of natural light, affecting photo quality. I might try again shortly as the sun seems to be poking out a little from behind the clouds... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. barims

barims Senior member

^ The pochette I'm uncertain of, HF, but there's no faulting a classic gentleman's club ensemble

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

^ The pochette I'm uncertain of, HF, but there's no faulting a classic gentleman's club ensemble
    I actually am just about to go out to have lunch and read the papers, pending some work later the afternoon, but only at a rather pleasant local deli/cafe rather than a club... the tragedy/blessing of living in the provinces, I'm afraid. [​IMG]

13. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

The weather decided to get warm all of a sudden, making the fit I was going to do unwearable. So I decided to enlist Fred's help again, since he brought good luck last time.

Despite the celebrity DTO nature of the fit, it actually fits my style to a tee and is probably the best example of my warm-weather fits.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

I have a complaint - he didn't predict what Nii might say

Let me correct that: Niidawg will complain that my shirt and my PS are too matchy-matchy, and that nowhere in my photos was there a car fender (preferably attached to an expensive vehicle).

15. J. Cogburn

J. Cogburn Senior member

Appologies for the somewhat blury images - still trying to figure out this new digital camera of mine. Anyway, today's rig features the third wearing of my bespoke William Field DB with light blue shirt and silver/grey ribbled Ben Silver tie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bonus - a couple of "fit" shots;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Guess this is pretty close to me when I feel like suiting up (was mostly taking pics to check proportions on this suit and happy it's warm enough to even think of wearing it).
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. SpooPoker

Love me, hate me, take me or leave me, this is me doing me. *also debuting a new suit [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Fred H.

Fred H. Senior member

Awesome look, Mike: [​IMG] Great, suit, Spoo. Fabric reminiscent of OD/OT: [​IMG] BTW, glad you learned from Mike how to blow-dry those shirt collars! O: Too bad you didn't take the time to PhotoShop your tie and reverse the stripe pattern. Otherwise flawless DTO. [​IMG] Truly love everything about this except the length of the pants. (I'm old school; can't use to the modern/short length.) [​IMG] Forgot one: Fred H. will think the PW is a little too OS/UCl! (Just Kidding) [​IMG]

19. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

[​IMG]

I like this tie very much. No sheen, and the colors are rich. Well done Crusty.

At least this thread is doing its job, no?

Hai

Bam! Awesomeness from Barims.

[​IMG]

Great suit. The tie would not be my choice.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Classic.

Mike

20. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    Friday Challenge Bottom left captures the essence of acridsheep: [​IMG] Initial reports vary from brown to black. Actual suit color is charcoal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.