1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Been a while so if you could indulge me for a moment, gents:
    [​IMG]

Love it! Are you at the Mandarin? That's my boss's building outside your window [​IMG]

2. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Been a while so if you could indulge me for a moment, gents:

variety is the spice of life. well played Neo.

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

It comes up for me. Sometimes it needs to be refreshed if it does not come up.

Mike

Might just be my provider - I shall use my vivid imagination [​IMG] Actually on second thoughts maybe that's not a great idea... [​IMG]
    Website doesn't seem to be doing them any favours...the only model I have that's shown is the Dante chukka, in new styles...and I got that at TK Maxx over a year ago, so I'd say they need to update! They look cheep and nasty here...in fact they are pretty cheep, cheaper than the 'original price' stickers would suggest on the shoes I bought!

-TTO

The Impregnable were going to be the top of their range shoes as far as I recall. Are they Goodyear welted or blake stitched?

4. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

5. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

@Neo... I love how you roll.

Back to blue...
    [​IMG]

Love your shades. Hate your smoking habit. [​IMG]

6. Requiem

Requiem Senior member

I would suggest wearing a blue shirt with this suit and tie. White washes this out.

For a pocket square how about something with browns and creams? Like this?
    [​IMG]

Shirt is actually very-light blue, but yes, I can see how a true light blue would be better.
    I have a big collection of ties, but still only a few pocket squares... brown and cream will be on my list.
    Thanks!

7. TTO

TTO Senior member

The Impregnable were going to be the top of their range shoes as far as I recall. Are they Goodyear welted or blake stitched?
    They where all Goodyear Welted, they had some plain black oxfords that seemed to be welted too but the leather looked very cheep and damaged already, so I gave them a miss, despite being pretty much what I was looking for!
    They also seem to be consistently larger than stated...maybe thats why they're in the discount store!
    -TTO

8. Navi

Navi Senior member

[​IMG]

Fuckin awesome. Details? Love the shade of blue on that jacket!

9. someotherstyle

someotherstyle Senior member

10. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Back to blue...

[​IMG]

whats the watch?

11. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Love your shades. Hate your smoking habit. [​IMG]

Cheers..they're just an old pair of Opti-Rays that I bought back in the 80's [​IMG]

Yeah the smoking thing is not the best of accessories...nine more years then I'll quit [​IMG]

whats the watch?

Nothing special...just one of my poor man's watches...Stührling Original "Open-Heart" automatic with a regulator dial...
    [​IMG]

12. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

Brothers? I think...YES!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's pretty awesome really.

13. jobro

jobro Senior member

Yeah the smoking thing is not the best of accessories...nine more years then I'll quit [​IMG]

Wow, nine years must be one of the longest periods of procrastination I've ever seen! [​IMG]

14. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Brothers? I think...YES!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's pretty awesome really.

I never tire of this comparison [​IMG]

Wow, nine years must be one of the longest periods of procrastination I've ever seen! [​IMG]

Well, I like to think that I put the PRO in crastination [​IMG]

15. in stitches

Nothing special...just one of my poor man's watches...Stührling Original "Open-Heart" automatic with a regulator dial...
    [​IMG]

1. i just quit it sucks

2. too bad, i got excited for a second on the watch, thought it may have been a tourbillon

16. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

1. i just quit it sucks

2. too bad, i got excited for a second on the watch, thought it may have been a tourbillon

1. I quit back on 03 to buy a G5 while I was still in school and said that I'd start again once I paid off the loan or turned 40. I paid the loan off about a year before I turned 40 but stuck out the last year and started again last May...now I'll quit when I'm 50 [​IMG]

2. Stührling does make tourbillons but, as you can imagine, they're not as cheap as plain ole open-hearts...though they are far less expensive than higher-end brands. I've seen some Stührling tourbillons in the $300 to $400 range.

17. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Because the suit has a plain heather look it might benefit from an end-on-end in more of a medium blue. The end-on-end gives a visual texture that is nice with any solid or heather suit.

For the pocket square, simply brown and cream might be a bit plain for that cloth. Look for brown and cream but with bits of muted burgundy/red, navy/teal and gold in the pattern for contrast. Those colors will add more personality but when muted they won't be garish.

Shirt is actually very-light blue, but yes, I can see how a true light blue would be better.
    I have a big collection of ties, but still only a few pocket squares... brown and cream will be on my list.
    Thanks!

18. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

I never tire of this comparison [​IMG]

This was a compliment by the way. I love the look, and not many people can rock it like you do. Just once I want to see you in an Olive, notched lapel suit with the sunglasses, tie bar, and ear piece. Seriously...it would be my inaugural avatar on this site.

19. in stitches

12. Stührling does make tourbillons but, as you can imagine, they're not as cheap as plain ole open-hearts...though they are far less expensive than higher-end brands. I've seen some Stührling tourbillons in the $300 to $400 range.

not that im in any position to buy one, but a tourbillon for under 50 grand doesnt seem get my attention. what can i say im a crazy person

20. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

This was a compliment by the way. I love the look, and not many people can rock it like you do. Just once I want to see you in an Olive, notched lapel suit with the sunglasses, tie bar, and ear piece. Seriously...it would be my inaugural avatar on this site.

I didn't take it as an insult but I've received like 6 PM's over the last two weeks with similar comments [​IMG] To be honest I was toying with the idea of DTOing Agent Smith for the Celebrity challenge from two Friday's ago.

not that im in any position to buy one, but a tourbillon for under 50 grand doesnt seem get my attention. what can i say im a crazy person

I really don't know a heck about watches and movements I usually just buy ones that 1) I like the style/design of and 2) I can afford [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.