• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
......Vintage Polo tweed SC, Polo OCBD (tribute to PG and Foo today), Mabitex semi-nut huggers, vintage Stewart McGuire longwings (new angle for you Bellyhungry).
106-4.JPG

inlove.gif
biggrin.gif
cheers.gif

Also, nice SC

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Conservative for Advent
From what we can see, this looks very nice indeed.
Originally Posted by acridsheep
My wife called me a fuddy duddy this morning. Figured that meant I'd better make my first post here.
laugh.gif
Looks good to me.
Originally Posted by OffTheRack
Paris for Thanksgiving. Top of the Arc
Just how long IS that scarf!?
smile.gif
Busted out some of the heavier tweed.
I like that jacket a lot, esp the fabric and how it fits your shoulders and chest. However, is it a bit over-suppressed at the waist? The skirt is flaring out a lot. OK, that's to be expected somewhat on a hacking style jacket, but it seems a bit more than it should be. Are the vent(s) sitting flat? If not, might be worth letting it out slightly.

Vecna

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
My wife called me a fuddy duddy this morning. Figured that meant I'd better make my first post here.
waywrn_acrid.jpg

Welcome! Please humor my novice critique. Isn't that tie knot a little big for that collar? Also I'm no pocketsquare know-it-all but I thought you're not supposed to wear a white square with a white shirt. If you're going conservative, maybe go with a cream. For less business, perhaps something blue?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I like that jacket a lot, esp the fabric and how it fits your shoulders and chest. However, is it a bit over-suppressed at the waist? The skirt is flaring out a lot. OK, that's to be expected somewhat on a hacking style jacket, but it seems a bit more than it should be.

Are the vent(s) sitting flat? If not, might be worth letting it out slightly.

Vents are kicked out a little bit. This thing is heavy, I may get 2-3 wears out of it this season. I am going to live with it as is. I think I am keeping my tailor in business these days........
lol8[1].gif

It also has a somewhat low buttoning point. I don't think it is too low, but that seems to be having an effect on the skirt.

Mike

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vecna
Correct me if I'm wrong (seriously) but isn't that tie knot a little big for that collar? Also I'm no pocketsquare know-it-all but I thought you're not supposed to wear a white square with a white shirt. Maybe cream instead?

Also welcome.

Probably and probably (I'm a novice).

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
What peacoat jacket is that? Pretty cool.

It's a vintage wool / alpaca Gloverall I got off eBay and had slimmed down a bit by my tailor.

Originally Posted by OffTheRack
Paris for Thanksgiving. Top of the Arc

Awesome view ... the light on Tour Eiffel looked almost the same when I was there a while back - an amazing site.

paris%202006%20002.jpg

Ahhhh, cold and frosty morning in NOLA!

106-1.JPG

This pose does you no favors, homez. I tried it myself, and I think it only works for IST. The jacket looks good.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a ton of compliments and a few requests for more after I posted a pic of my house a couple of days ago. Thank you for the warm words, and those who care can see more here.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
This pose does you no favors, homez. I tried it myself, and I think it only works for IST. The jacket looks good.

In what way? I feel like such a tool standing there like a robot....I feel like I need to do something.
lol8[1].gif

Does it make me look short or something? I am asking honestly.

Mike

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh, cold and frosty morning in NOLA!

Busted out some of the heavier tweed.

Vintage Polo tweed SC, Polo OCBD (tribute to PG and Foo today), Mabitex semi-nut huggers, vintage Stewart McGuire longwings (new angle for you Bellyhungry).

Sorry about the crooked shots.
lol8[1].gif

Have a great one!

Mike

Great look today Mike, I like how well all the colours and textures flow.

TC, that SC drool inducing.

OffTheRack

Reaction score
Awesome view ... the light on Tour Eiffel looked almost the same when I was there a while back - an amazing site.

Now that's a photo. Well done.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In what way? I feel like such a tool standing there like a robot....I feel like I need to do something.
lol8[1].gif

Does it make me look short or something? I am asking honestly.

Mike

It just looks unnatural - forced. And doesn't show more than the robot pose.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It just looks unnatural - forced. And doesn't show more than the robot pose.

Oh, ok. Well, I can focus on improving the robot.
smile.gif

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads