1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

I covet this jacket.

2. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Trying for something casual. The day's task: shoe shine lessons from the family marine.

[​IMG]

I'd untuck the sweater.
    This picture doesn't do the jacket justice, it's a really subtle pattern similar to blackwatch.

[​IMG]

Nice fabric on the jacket. What's the contrast like with the trousers?

3. Tibor

Tibor Senior member

[​IMG]

The "Modern" Classics. Great look.

4. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

As per the advice of several of you in this forum (and others more closely linked to my real life), I made a change to my glasses frames (I needed a new prescription anyway - aging does that to a person), and also decided, with the new style of glasses, that the facial hair did not "fit". Hence the different person you see before you in today's posting. Also, taking criticism from last week (Friday's suit was thought to be too boxy - a conclusion with which I wholeheartedly concurred - it's seeing the tailor today), I decided to see if my most fitted suit would still fit me. From the photos, I think that the chest is a shade tight, but the fact that I can don it at all is gratifying (I bought it at the low point for my weight in recent times, and it's been various forms of too tight every since). For your entertainment, then (possibly) . . . [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (The re-do of my image does make my signature line rather passe - sorry, Tibor.)

5. Requiem

Requiem Senior member

You are looking much better, sir.
    The new frames suit you perfectly.

6. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
  7. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

As per the advice of several of you in this forum (and others more closely linked to my real life), I made a change to my glasses frames (I needed a new prescription anyway - aging does that to a person), and also decided, with the new style of glasses, that the facial hair did not "fit".

Hence the different person you see before you in today's posting.

The frames and loss of facial hair have really changed your appearance - this looks good (not that I thought the previous look didn't suit you).

The suit jacket does look a tad snug, but not beyond wearable, might be worth seeing if the button can be moved slightly (it might also open the quarters a little.

8. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

[​IMG]

Welcome! Your poses remind me of one Crusty who used to post here.

9. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

[​IMG]

Great look all around. Fresh. Just in time for Spring. Now if only this weather would cooperate.

10. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

First fit on here in a while. I've been hanging out with the cool kids on the otherside of the playground, and only been popping back for the odd catchup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(sorry for the poor quality pics).

11. sidamo

sidamo Well-Known Member

are you in college?

my grandma actually had a coffee plantation in jimma pre-civil war, not far from sidamo. this is why i was asking.

khat - the arabs demand it so they supply it.

No, I am not in college. I have read about the Jimma region before. That's very cool about your grandmother.

12. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Drakes/Chan/Drakes [​IMG] Back of a Chan vs Ringjacket's Sales Mgr! [​IMG]

13. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

As per the advice of several of you in this forum (and others more closely linked to my real life), I made a change to my glasses frames (I needed a new prescription anyway - aging does that to a person), and also decided, with the new style of glasses, that the facial hair did not "fit". Hence the different person you see before you in today's posting. Also, taking criticism from last week (Friday's suit was thought to be too boxy - a conclusion with which I wholeheartedly concurred - it's seeing the tailor today), I decided to see if my most fitted suit would still fit me. From the photos, I think that the chest is a shade tight, but the fact that I can don it at all is gratifying (I bought it at the low point for my weight in recent times, and it's been various forms of too tight every since). For your entertainment, then (possibly) . . . [​IMG] [​IMG] (The re-do of my image does make my signature line rather passe - sorry, Tibor.)
    Good Lord, you are like a new person! I approve. Is it my imagination or is that suit slimmer in the leg than some of your others? It seems to fit you better.

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ Is it just me or is something seriously wrong with the shoulders on the guy on the left in ToiletDucks pic? CRUSTY : WOW!!! Looking good. Nice job on the tuneup.

15. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

.. quality pics

Looks nice, MoK.

16. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

As per the advice of several of you in this forum (and others more closely linked to my real life), I made a change to my glasses frames (I needed a new prescription anyway - aging does that to a person), and also decided, with the new style of glasses, that the facial hair did not "fit".

Hence the different person you see before you in today's posting.

Also, taking criticism from last week (Friday's suit was thought to be too boxy - a conclusion with which I wholeheartedly concurred - it's seeing the tailor today), I decided to see if my most fitted suit would still fit me. From the photos, I think that the chest is a shade tight, but the fact that I can don it at all is gratifying (I bought it at the low point for my weight in recent times, and it's been various forms of too tight every since).

For your entertainment, then (possibly) . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(The re-do of my image does make my signature line rather passe - sorry, Tibor.)

Well done, you are transformed
    [​IMG]

17. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

[​IMG]
    You certainly look strikingly different! I think it's a positive change overall, but never really minded the old look. That jacket really does seem tight across the chest; not only are the lapels bowing out, but that's also causing the jacket below the button to pivot inwards by way of compensation for the forced movement above, causing the fronts to overlap. At least, that's the visual impression being created.
    First fit on here in a while.
    Great to have you back. A beautiful - if still cold - sunny Monday. Cold enough to justify buttoning up a 3pc before going out for those who are displeased by the configuration below. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On a visit to the dry-cleaners to drop off a couple of suits, I was advised by a likeable (and clearly knowledgeable from the brief conversation we had) fellow who was dropping off what seemed to be Liberty tie, that I should have brightened up the look with a stronger choice of tie. Sadly, I didn't have time to discuss it further, as I was en route to an appointment. Thoughts?

18. jwmbro

jwmbro Active Member

Hiya! My first post here in WAYWRN, and also just slowly discovering my interest in men's fashion, so please be tolerant if I'm making any amount of elementary faux-pas here. At the same time, please don't hold back with constructive criticism, I'm trying to learn here. Apologies for the weird camera noise going on in the second picture, my camera is crap, but I included the picture anyway to get a better view of the hat. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

Crusty: the new look is great. I, for one, thought the old look was fine, but bring on the new. I agree with Holdfast re the fit of the suit.

HF, that guy was right about the tie. I love the suit and think it would be complemented by a strong color.

MoK, good to see you again!

20. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

You look much younger Crust. Anyway, I have a feeling Nii's gonna say something about the quarters of your jacket being closed, if I've got him somewhat figured out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.