• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Dope suit! The fit is pretty near flawless. Nice choice of shirt & tie. The shoes are great, but I agree that darker brown and/or black would go better in this instance, since the tie is a darker brown. Chalkstripes usually demand a sleeker shoe with less brogueing.

Originally Posted by gregaz
Nice fit. Less is more with the PS.
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Nice suit and great tie. I don't mind the PS, but would prefer it tucked in a little more.
Thanks for the advice guys. Still not comfortable with the pocket square color/size/placement, but I'm getting there.
Originally Posted by PandArts
Another day in This Green City
That sweater is the Perfect Murder! Wear something like this on Friday & you'll definitely get my vote.
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Really nice, BB, tho I agree the tie should be a darker color.

Yesterday AM
That RLBL? Suit looks awesome.
Originally Posted by zbromer
Nice SC. Fit is great.
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Awesome. I don't mind the busy-ness here at all. Can't explain why. The colors are great.

Also - decent weekend pic. Using that for Friday?
spam[1].gif

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Nice suit & great choice of shirt/tie. Altho - don't get mad
peepwall[1].gif
I agree with SoS, because I have a couple suits that fit similarly. Last week I wore a 70's suit to a wedding that I had altered. Love that suit, and I doubt I'll get rid of it, but it pulls across my chest quite a bit, and it's single breasted peak lapel, so leaving it unbuttoned is never gonna fly. The cut of the jacket is longer tho, so it helps a little.

Originally Posted by someotherstyle
This is a very flattering suit fit. Interesting tie, thanks for the closeup.

Late addition @TC: swell fit on the suit - are those faint red stripes in the fabric?

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Late addition @TC: swell fit on the suit - are those faint red stripes in the fabric?

Thanks, not red, tonal and light blue. It may be picking up some red from the pink shirt and maroon tie.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike

You're not going to like this, but in my opinion you need a roomier jacket. You chest is too large for your jackets, and you could use a jacket where the suppression is lower on your torso. As it is, it looks like you were inspired by the TB phase, and are trying to wear a shorter jacket, but it makes your upper body proportions look funny. To my eye anyways.

-MK

It is an E-bay score. Always a crap shoot. I think the buttoning point is too high and it throws the balance off. I agree with you, although the jacket does not feel tight.

Always open to criticism!

No worries.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sweater is the Perfect Murder! Wear something like this on Friday & you'll definitely get my vote.

Cheers Urban!

Well, I walk The Tightrope when I wear jeans to work so I have to wait until the big man is out of town...may not be able to wear this or something similar on Friday
confused.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice suit & great choice of shirt/tie. Altho - don't get mad
peepwall[1].gif
I agree with SoS, because I have a couple suits that fit similarly. Last week I wore a 70's suit to a wedding that I had altered. Love that suit, and I doubt I'll get rid of it, but it pulls across my chest quite a bit, and it's single breasted peak lapel, so leaving it unbuttoned is never gonna fly. The cut of the jacket is longer tho, so it helps a little.

I am not going to get mad over stuff like this, bro. If something doesn't fit right, look right..I want to know. It has helped me go through a massive closet clean, which is still continuing. I buy stuff at long range and often it works out, and often it does not. This is a MTM Sammy. Obviously, not made for me. I have had it for a while, but I am thinking maybe it won't make the cut. That is ok.

I will say this about this suit. I have room in it. I don't know why it is giving off that perception like it is stretched over my chest, because it doesn't feel that way. Either way, I clearly see what you guys are saying.

So, should I box it up and add it to your tab?
smile.gif
Should fit you nicely.

Mike

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-MK

i meant to quote your shirt tie close-up with a comment saying "righteous!!" ... i ended up quoting your galoshes by mistake ... i think righteous would have been re-defined....lol.

wonderful suit/shirt/tie combo nephew.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
bow-tie is just too damn big.

this.

****** Iphone pic.

zb - the lapels of the coat as well as the right shoulder could use a hot iron and some tender love. also, the color of that tie appears to clash with the coat .. i woulda gone with a different tie ... maybe a brown base.

Off to the airport, sigh, again..

ab11783343.jpg
ab21797404.jpg

you fly in style bra bra. that jacket always rocks.

I like. We are twins today. I hope I can compare.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

We were almost triplets ... i was going with chalkstripe, but switched to windowpane at the last minute.

Originally Posted by NOBD
My photo format thingy is getting DTO'd lately.

peepwall[1].gif

Originally Posted by Fred49

what up Fred ... its been a while.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not going to get mad over stuff like this, bro. If something doesn't fit right, look right..I want to know. It has helped me go through a massive closet clean, which is still continuing. I buy stuff at long range and often it works out, and often it does not. This is a MTM Sammy. Obviously, not made for me. I have had it for a while, but I am thinking maybe it won't make the cut. That is ok.

I will say this about this suit. I have room in it. I don't know why it is giving off that perception like it is stretched over my chest, because it doesn't feel that way. Either way, I clearly see what you guys are saying.

So, should I box it up and add it to your tab?
smile.gif
Should fit you nicely.

Mike

Mike - i think the problem is not necessarily the chest. You and i have a similar body build (at least so it seems) and what i have found works for me is making sure my shoulders and sleeves are proportional to my entire body. This suit in question would not feel top heavy if the shoulders were less built up/straight, and the sleeves were a little slimmer. The chest looks fine to my eye. Maybe your body build will just not allow you to go smaller with your shoulders, but i think that would solve a lot of the feedback you get.

I will be interested in knowing what your measurements are. I am a 18.5 shoulder and 44 chest. Whenever my suits end up being 19 1/4 and above, i start looking top heavy. I avoid anything above 191/4 with a passion. My tailor has really helped in weeding stuff out, or altering where possible. If your shoulders are naturally bigger than 19.5, then you might want to play with the length a little to see if that would make the upper body more proportional.

Something to look into.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
peepwall[1].gif

Wheheh. Seems like my subtle message reached the right audience... (I liked it, nii.)

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
I like this but follow the consensus on a stronger tie.
Yesterday AM
Yes, my travel camera sux ... need to upgrade. No photos of the dinner, but friends took me to this Brazilian BBQ place on Market Street, and it was so good I almost forgot about my flight home and almost missed it.

Great fit, colours, balance etc.
worship.gif

****** Iphone pic.
I disagree with Niidawg on the tie - I think it works fine. It's a nice SC, my taste is for a slightly stronger shoulder but other than that it looks great.

Originally Posted by philosophe
@Man of Kent: Thanks for the photos. Your compositions are beautiful.
Cheers.
Off to the airport, sigh, again..
I don't know how you got away with that tie with the SC but you did
smile.gif

Wednesday.

Sorry about the loose tie, my "photographer" tried to straighten it while taking shots and she ended up loosening it. Oh, well.

Samuelsohn suit, Robert Talbot shirt, Roundtree and Yorke tie, vintage Wright Cordwainer kicks.

Have a good one!

Mike

I think the buttoning point does throw it off slightly, but a slightly higher camera point would help me be certain. If it's not quite there, it's not far off.

Originally Posted by The Gooch
Nice MOK! I'm always amazed at you trouser fit.
I'm generally pretty unhappy with my trouser fit
laugh.gif

-MK
Excellent.
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Hopefully last day of warm weather suiting.
Very classy!
mwink[1].gif

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Another gloomy, damp and misty November day. The flash was working overtime on these... I'd be interested to know whether you think the bow-tie is just too damn big. I feel it is, but in some of the pics it looks OK, so I'm in two minds about it. What do you think?
Yes too big, and that's as someone who likes larger than average bow-ties. The rest of the look is good.
Originally Posted by Fred49
BB jacket and shirt
Brioni tie
bb trunbull and asser
pants Gary
shoes Cleverley

Nice use of colours.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
i meant to quote your shirt tie close-up with a comment saying "righteous!!" ... i ended up quoting your galoshes by mistake ... i think righteous would have been re-defined....lol.

wonderful suit/shirt/tie combo nephew.

this.

zb - the lapels of the coat as well as the right shoulder could use a hot iron and some tender love. also, the color of that tie appears to clash with the coat .. i woulda gone with a different tie ... maybe a brown base.

you fly in style bra bra. that jacket always rocks.

We were almost triplets ... i was going with chalkstripe, but switched to windowpane at the last minute.

peepwall[1].gif

what up Fred ... its been a while.

yup been busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads