• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KtownGreg

Reaction score
Started the day with this goodness.

Jan2009IMG_00701.jpg

Today's fit inspired by Gnatty's casual fit from a few days ago. Pants need to be trimmer and pulled up a bit.

Jan2009IMG_00821.jpg
Jan2009IMG_00841.jpg

Jan2009IMG_00851.jpg
Jan2009IMG_00861.jpg
Jan2009L10500691.jpg

And on the way home, what the.....

Jan2009IMG_0092.jpg

I felt sorry for the guy it was 22F. At least he looked happy.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Originally Posted by Hehlol
It's rich watching a bunch of people who try so hard to be 'classy adults' on the Internet act exactly the way children would when criticized. A new poster said something about the community being tasteless and now the community's actions have basically proven him correct. It's amazing how you guys do it and still believe yourselves so refined.

Styleforum is a great place to come to learn about brands and quality and options, but it isn't a place to come about actual style. Use the forum for what you can, for some people it's posting in threads about all the new stuff they bought on credit, for others, it's reading about what others bought, learning about these items and investigating based on their own taste.

- B

Never claimed to be a gentleman, classy or refined. Infact I'm just the opposite.

I could care less who he insulted, he still looks like ****.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
Never claimed to be a gentleman, classy or refined. Infact I'm just the opposite.

I could care less who he insulted, he still looks like ****.

Could, or could not?

mjHession

Reaction score
Between Finals, Wedding, and Holiday stuff, I've been gone awhile, and no doubtedly missed some good stuff. At least I didn't miss this... I could never pull off that bold of an overcheck, but I love it.

Also Love the beard.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Freezing again...just cold enough to watch the US beat Canada at the World Juniors
devil.gif

I guess I'm not selling this after all...loving the suit...glad no one bit...will take it off the B&S Market asap.

IMG_5317.jpg

Specifics
Turnbull and Asser Tweed Suit
Bespoke Shirt and Tie Ercoles
RT Square
Alden for JCrew Whiskey Longwings
Vintage Lord and Taylor Overcoat
Drakes of London Scarf
Bailey Hat​

mjHession

Reaction score
The Real reason I jumped on the forum, before noticing ^^, was to post two pics from the wedding, which was during the biggest blizzard in Philly since 1909. Crazy day.

wedding1.jpg

wedding2.jpg

Pretty sure I did the morning coat thing as right as I could. Detachable collar, DB dove gray coat, the tie has a hint of pink in it as the dress does too, and the flowers were pink, the PS probably shouldn't be solid pink, but the bride insisted so... and I do think it worked out okay, thought might not be necessarily right.

I might throw one more up later when the professionals come in, if are are outstanding.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brucky
All right, here, since I'm taking shots at you fellas, it's only fair for me to post a pic of myself and you all can do the same to me. Have at it. This is a fairly recent pic of me at the Lincoln's Inn Law Library in London.

librarycopy.jpg

Go to town.

You look like an undertaker in a cheap, ill-fitting suit.

This is a fact, not just my opinion BTW

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome look. Curious what your students think of your style. They must get a kick out of it, no? What grade do you teach?

dl

Freezing again...just cold enough to watch the US beat Canada at the World Juniors
devil.gif

I guess I'm not selling this after all...loving the suit...glad no one bit...will take it off the B&S Market asap.

IMG_5309-1.jpg

IMG_5317.jpg

IMG_5321-1.jpg

IMG_5324-1.jpg

IMG_5325-1.jpg

Specifics
Turnbull and Asser Tweed Suit
Bespoke Shirt and Tie Ercoles
RT Square
Alden for JCrew Whiskey Longwings
Vintage Lord and Taylor Overcoat
Drakes of London Scarf
Bailey Hat​

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Jan2009IMG_00851.jpg

why the rmcd shoes, you did so much better... ...always btw, skip the reverso, it is strongly for wimminzl

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Back at the office after vacation. I'm wearing about 15 more pounds than is necessary.
frown.gif

conneoffice.jpg

Conne, why do you always look constipated dude. relax your face muscles.

dl

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
California Winter
\
BB
Levi 501
Peal chukkas

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
that is just f awesome. keep it going.

Thanks Fritz

Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
If the coat was gone you'd be camouflaged

Amazingly, this is correct...

Originally Posted by mjHession
Between Finals, Wedding, and Holiday stuff, I've been gone awhile, and no doubtedly missed some good stuff. At least I didn't miss this... I could never pull off that bold of an overcheck, but I love it.

Also Love the beard.

The Real reason I jumped on the forum, before noticing ^^, was to post two pics from the wedding, which was during the biggest blizzard in Philly since 1909. Crazy day.

wedding1.jpg

wedding2.jpg

Thanks Mj...and congrats...you guys look great!

Originally Posted by dl20
Awesome look. Curious what your students think of your style. They must get a kick out of it, no? What grade do you teach?

dl

Cheers dl...I teach 8th grade History...the kids (esp the girls) love to chat woth me about some of the things I wear...there's one kid (a Latin King member unfortunately...cause otherwise a super kid...who is obsessed with my shoes!)

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
... pics from the wedding, which was during the biggest blizzard in Philly since 1909. I might throw one more up later when the professionals come in, if are are outstanding.
Congrats!!! Looking forward to the additional pics. All the best to you and your new bride.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks Fritz

fair is fair, you know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads