• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3

Getting my Prince On ... with F U pocket square n all ... lol
db489a73.jpg

You. Go. Boy.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
I think I've said this before but Diavolo's feedback may have been the single best thing I've gotten out of this forum.

More people need to step back and think about what he's saying instead of having a knee-jerk defensive reaction.

Oh, so what am I, chopped liver?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is my take on it:

Well, yes, exactly. Many of my fits that went by with crickets chirping were the cause in fact of blowjobs. Blowjobs rank above internet praise.
smile.gif

Spoo, feel free to adopt as sig.

Mike

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

- B

STFU mannequin man.

someotherstyle

Reaction score
I find it interesting that so many people get angered when people make negative comments towards looks posted here. Part of the reason most people post is to get comments on what they are wearing. Negative comments don't have to be insulting (as to which I think started this whole discussion), but ultimately who cares?

I have had negative comments said against what I wear - do I agree with all of it? No. I like the way I dress, and am comfortable with it. On the other hand, there are the odd comments, where I am unsure of things, or I wouldn't have thought of something that way, that I really take as valuable.

Personally, do I agree with how Spoozy dresses? Not usually. I agree with both the color/pattern mixing, and fabric matching comments, and think there is things to be learned there. That being said, if he's willing to listen to the comments and take what he wants from them, then they are worthwhile. Additionally, if he is happy with what he wears, and posts just for his pleasure, then good for him. He doesn't have to wear SF approved clothing, and doesn't have to wear what anyone else tells him to if he doesn't want to. Have fun with it, clothes are meant to be worn, and having a personal style means something.

It seems every few weeks there's a flare up because in WAYW because people get offended by an insulting comment or negative comment. My opinion on this is to sit back, relax, and get over it. When we wake up tomorrow morning, the interwebz will still be here.

MK

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very, very few men do it well. Off the top of my head, I can think of two names here that do this sort of thing well: olddog/oldtrix and Phat Guido. You're a close third. Actually, no one is in olddog's league when it comes to this...he skates extremely close to what might be considered a highly contrived approach to color. For me, he does not skate over that line usually, but I can understand those who think he does.

There is also an Anglo-American cultural bias in the sense that artful color coordination has been the preserve of (1) women and (2) rather dandified guys. For men, the tradition is greater sobriety and when not sober, discordancy, the latter from one or two wild elements (whether that's a loud shirt for a London boy, GTH Madras for a Yankee, echoed more mutely for the SF age with the old saw about non-matching pocket squares.)

What has really happened in WAYRN is not lines drawn between those who love color and those who hate it, but between self-expressionists and those who assume that their tailored clothiing is rooted in something more than just plummage.

All this is neither here nor there because I think that you have elevated Diavolo's critique in this case and his pattern of critique to what it is not. He is a fairly reliable barometer. If he says that you dressed today like crap, you probably did. It's not more complicated than that.

I mean, do you think spoozy dresses well? I'll tell you what I think: fit after fit looks absolutely terrible (sorry spooz.)

- B

I think this is where i may be loosing you guys.

• Do i think Spoozy's colors coordinates well - NO. And i have criticized him before ... several times actually.
  • Do i think Diavolo should be the one criticizing Spoozy ... or better said ... Do i think Diavolo's criticism will cause Spoozy to change - NO, because he doesnt buy what Diavolo is selling due to a lack of appreciation of Diavolo's sense of style.

Interestingly we both agreed on PG and o/o having great sense of color and pattern. I was typing my response same time as you were and we agreed on that. So i think there is some truth to the matter.

I wish both will comment more. Obviously its a personal choice based on their schedules, reasons for posting etc, but this thread stands to gain so much from their commentary, cos i agree, they are in a league of their own when it comes to color and pattern matching.

Heck - i would even muddy the waters more. Will i take fit advice from o/o - absolutely not, because he has his personal sense of fit that i don't believe in. Will i take fit advice from you or MaoMao (and some others) - absolutely yes, because based on evidence, i believe you have a sense of fit more in line with my expectations of what "right fit" is.

Bottom line - constructive feedback coming from folks with a proven track record works. If it doesnt work, you just break bait and allow the individual to wallow in their misery.

D Yizz

Reaction score
Thanks to all who commented yesterday. I've been learning a lot from this thread (bukkake and the like aside, lol). Today's sober court look:
c49505c6.jpg
I tried many different angles and lighting and can't, by any means been able to get the shirt's detail which is a light blue with faint pinkish stripes. BTW, that is a half windsor knot. The 4IH looked terrible, too skinny and elongated.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoozy is teh man in the same sense as how Mark Turner is teh man.

Splash out, Spooz.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jawbreak
There is a SF.ru site???? really
eh.gif

Yes, I am on there al the time, along with a few other guys that post here.

Originally Posted by TRINI
I think I've said this before but Diavolo's feedback may have been the single best thing I've gotten out of this forum.

More people need to step back and think about what he's saying instead of having a knee-jerk defensive reaction.

For me, the best example, hands down, of someone who stepped his game up almost exclusively based on the criticism he received here is NYRanger. His early posts were brutally criticized. Everything from his gear to his "lifestyle" shots. he took it all in stride, kept changing things based on the criticism's kept coming back and posting and now I think he has a great look down, which is "forum approved" but not necessarily group think. Same thing with SkinnyGoomba, a lot of people blasted a lot of his early fits but he kep at it, kept asking and listening and although he rarely posts, he dressed like he belongs in a RL window (in a good way).

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
Thanks to all who commented yesterday. I've been learning a lot from this thread (bukkake and the like aside, lol).

Today's sober court look:

c49505c6.jpg

I tried many different angles and lighting and can't, by any means been able to get the shirt's detail which is a light blue with faint pinkish stripes.

BTW, that is a half windsor knot. The 4IH looked terrible, too skinny and elongated.

I would say that this is the best look you have posted, in terms of color (the tie is a nice splash of color with the suit) and fit. You have something a bit weird in your waist area, do you have small waist/hips and a large chest (no ****, of course)? I think you would benefit from a bit less waist suppression. Nice shoes

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
^^^ Dig the shoes...
Thanks!
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
I think the pants & jacket are too close together in color. If either were patterned, tho, it'd be dope. Nice look! I do dig the wheels, but personally I think they're a bit dressy for a night out. Something like the boots on this page would be perfect, especially the Aldens
inlove.gif

Accepted.
Originally Posted by sidewinder13
Awesome! Liking the color palette!
bigstar[1].gif
May I ask, who made the trousers?

Thank you! These are Zara jeans.
Originally Posted by hobscrk777
Yes!!
bounce2.gif

smile.gif
Originally Posted by bigbris1
This is awesome. Depending on where you're located I may just pull out my yellow pants for fall wear.
It's easier for me. It was 85 yesterday in L.A.
Originally Posted by Tobacco Man
Diggin' the shoes
nod[1].gif

+1
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
No patterns. Saving for Friday.
P1040867-1.jpg

Nice coat!!!
inlove.gif
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
My first MC WAYWT Pics.(Yesterday) Shirt-MT Sweater- H&M Shoes- AE Leeds Shell Pants-UCOB Socks-Venanzi Watch- Vintage USSR Mechanical Tie- Zara
H&M sweaters
fistbump.gif
Not a big fan of open collar with a tie, but overall the look is good, albeit a little on the conservative side.
Originally Posted by poissa
very sharp. Personally, I wouldn't wear that shirt but it works!
Thanks! That **** works well for me because of my hair color.
smile.gif
Originally Posted by Grayland
Very cool look and I love the shirt.
Thank you!
Originally Posted by ndw

I think this would look much better if your pants were shorter. They bunch up a lot making your legs appear shorter. Given your physique, it's not a good thing.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
1337aa66.jpg
5296c565.jpg

I'm a big fan of yours, Spoo, but this fit seems way too heavy at the bottom and light at the top. You either needed a darker tie or lighter socks, at least.
Getting my Prince On ... with F U pocket square n all ... lol​

worship.gif
Al Fresco Fall Thursday (80°F in the Hub of the Universe and gorgeously semi-tropical):
1067535727_AXeC3-XL.jpg
MBT™ (Mystery Bespoke Tailor™) 3 hard roll 2 jacket in Minnis 10oz fresco, two patch Dege & Skinner (Robert Whittaker) bespoke shirt in Acorn Grange, barrel cuffs Brioni cashmere tie Simonnot-Godard (for A Suitable Wardrobe) cotton hanky RL Polo (by Corneliani) flannel pants Hermès alligator strap with Tiffany sterling slide buckle DorÃ
00a9.png
-DorÃ
00a9.png
socks Vass derbies in midnight calf, New Peter last Tiffany Etoile band in platinum Seiko Spirit on grosgrain band Louis Vuitton (by Marc Jacobs) sunglasses
- B

worship.gif
worship.gif

BlackBrumel

Reaction score
I think this is where i may be loosing you guys.

• Do i think Spoozy's colors coordinates well - NO. And i have criticized him before ... several times actually.
  • Do i think Diavolo should be the one criticizing Spoozy ... or better said ... Do i think Diavolo's criticism will cause Spoozy to change - NO, because he doesnt buy what Diavolo is selling due to a lack of appreciation of Diavolo's sense of style.

Interestingly we both agreed on PG and o/o having great sense of color and pattern. I was typing my response same time as you were and we agreed on that. So i think there is some truth to the matter.

I wish both will comment more. Obviously its a personal choice based on their schedules, reasons for posting etc, but this thread stands to gain so much from their commentary, cos i agree, they are in a league of their own when it comes to color and pattern matching.

Heck - i would even muddy the waters more. Will i take fit advice from o/o - absolutely not, because he has his personal sense of fit that i don't believe in. Will i take fit advice from you or MaoMao (and some others) - absolutely yes, because based on evidence, i believe you have a sense of fit more in line with my expectations of what "right fit" is.

Bottom line - constructive feedback coming from folks with a proven track record works. If it doesnt work, you just break bait and allow the individual to wallow in their misery.

That's why I begun to follow SF: the outfits are great and the debates, even better! I'm learning a lot from you, gents.

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I would say that this is the best look you have posted, in terms of color (the tie is a nice splash of color with the suit) and fit. You have something a bit weird in your waist area, do you have small waist/hips and a large chest (no ****, of course)? I think you would benefit from a bit less waist suppression. Nice shoes
Thanks. Yeah, large chest, shoulders and back, small waist, hypertrophied glutes and broad quads, which makes finding well fitting OTR trousers an almost unbearable chore. The thing is, as I replied to a similar post from Nii, that IRL the extreme waist suppression on the jackets is not as apparent as on the pics. I own several jackets which have less waist suppression but I find they make me look too squarish and shorter than I am. (I'm in Foo's territory being 5'3")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads