1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Do red shoe laces have a meaning? In Germany they have the potential to make you leftwing (as white laces make you rightwing).
    It may interest you to know that, here in the United States, each of our Congressmen has agreed, in the interest of "changing the tone in Washington," to wear left wing laces on his right shoe and right wing laces on his left shoe.

2. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

To quote Bender:

Bite my shiny metal ass. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Weekend's here!

[​IMG][/center]

this is awesome.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

4. ndw

ndw Senior member

^NICE!
    this is awesome.
    Thanks, Nii. I was still cold today - even with a topcoat[​IMG]

5. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

[​IMG]

That's a tasty vino!

6. Newstyle

Newstyle Senior member

Sorry for the pic. I got this Harris tweed jacket at goodwill for $5 had the sides taken in $20, but I need a second opinion. Does it still look to big, are the shoulders to big? What are some thoughts on the fit?[​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

7. Newstyle

Newstyle Senior member

Nevermind I can't get second pic to post

8. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us Brioni Jacket $110 Hermes shirt $75 Loro Piana pants (raspberry) $80 Brioni tie $135 Bowler $75 Not included Edward Green for Paul Stewart shoes $120 Jaguar watch $160 My first entry.

9. IronRock

IronRock Senior member

Nice, clean look in my newbie opinion. [​IMG]

Always happy to get favourable opinion - merci!

10. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Not sure what constitutes Friday, but here's what I wore today. Taken in the faculty bathroom at my elementary school. [​IMG] Shirt 50 bucks tailored in Itaewon. Hat 150? bucks from the local men's store in Merilville Indiana. EDIT: Jacket (how did I forget this) 150ish at uniqlo Scarf ??? gift from mom. Tie 40 bucks from some hole in the wall between city hall station and myeongdong. Sweater ??? gift from mom. Doubt it's that expensive. Chinos from Uniqlo 50 bucks Shoes and socks aren't pictured, but the socks match the tie if you're curious. They didn't make the size of the bathroom mirror.

11. ndw

ndw Senior member

In for the budget challenge:
    [​IMG]

^The combo looks pretty good, but you cant tell much from the pics (and next time edit crop out your nostrils).

[​IMG]

^That's impressively thrifty, but, in my eye, the red tie clashes with the camel. Beautiful coat, though.

Budget Friday
    [​IMG]

^I cant believe that coat was $73. Nice.

[​IMG]

^I like the SC, but I think some gray trousers would take it up a notch.

[​IMG]

^ I feel ya on the cold. Beautiful sweater.

[​IMG]

^What's the material on the pant and curious to know what shoes? Great look.

[​IMG]

^Shoulders look too wide, but hard to tell

[​IMG]

^IMO, lose the hat, change to a white shirt, and lose the zip up sweater under the SC. Otherwise, pretty good fit on the coat.

12. TTO

TTO Senior member

Shit.

Oh, I mean....awesome, Theo!! [​IMG]

You know I love the POW and the DB.

Mike

Thanks Mike, You look pretty damn together yourself ! Excellent job.

Awesome [​IMG]

Thank you very much.

Holy Steeezus Christ, that is just....wow....[​IMG]

Thanks Spoozy.[​IMG]

A bit hard to tell from the pic, but I like that pocket square with the coat.

Came from Muji a few years back at Christmas time..I actually preferred its twin, a more Japanese print, but my brother used it for his wedding, so it's his now!

Overall a good look. Just a question: Do red shoe laces have a meaning? In Germany they have the potential to make you leftwing (as white laces make you rightwing).

Thanks Jan, no hidden meaning with the laces, just had them spare, and liked them in these shoes!

Where is the shirt from? I noticed you said THRIFTED...

It was originally from Next of all places...very poor quality! I thin some one bought it took it home tried it on then gave it to the charity shop 5 minutes from my house!

You think this would look good on a person in their mid 20s? I prefer straight suits but the cuff is really starting to get to me...

welcome to group think...now go buy a Neapolitan shouldered 3 roll 2 1/2, high gorge barely lined curved patch pocketed sports coat with some flat front zero break 2" cuff pants! go on you know it works ![​IMG]

-TTO

13. MarcInDentonTx

MarcInDentonTx Senior member

Before
    [​IMG]

Big fan of that shirt..

14. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

Here is my entry for the challenge:

Shirt - Hemrajani Brothers -- $79 (New)
    Sport Coat - Ralph Lauren Polo -- $50 (eBay)
    Tie - Crombie -- $2 (Goodwill)
    Sweater - GAP -- $20 (Sale)
    Belt - Tommy Hilfiger - $15 (Winners)
    Trousers - Mabitex - $100 (B&S)
    Shoes - Florsheim Royal Imperial Shell Cordovan - $60 (eBay)

Total Cost -- $326 CAD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

An hour and fifteen to get your entries in for the Budget Challenge, boys!!!

Mike

16. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Not sure what constitutes Friday, but here's what I wore today. Taken in the faculty bathroom at my elementary school.
    [​IMG]
    Shirt 50 bucks tailored in Itaewon. Hat 150? bucks from the local men's store in Merilville Indiana. EDIT: Jacket (how did I forget this) 150ish at uniqlo Scarf ??? gift from mom. Tie 40 bucks from some hole in the wall between city hall station and myeongdong. Sweater ??? gift from mom. Doubt it's that expensive. Chinos from Uniqlo 50 bucks Shoes and socks aren't pictured, but the socks match the tie if you're curious. They didn't make the size of the bathroom mirror.

I won't comment on the rest but I think that the high buttoning point on uniqlo jackets isn't very flattering for your build.

17. JPQ

JPQ Active Member

I really like everything from the waist up, the coat fits you well and has a very nice overall look.

Thanks.

^I cant believe that coat was $73. Nice.

Thanks. I've had lots of disasters with local tailors here, but I am very happy with this jacket. Out of the $73, about 1/3 is fabric, 1/3 leather coated buttons and 1/3 tailoring. [​IMG]

18. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

I won't comment on the rest but I think that the high buttoning point on uniqlo jackets isn't very flattering for your build.

good observation ... but does high buttoning even flatter anyone?

rarely see it look good.

19. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

I won't comment on the rest

That bad? And yeah, I wish the buttons were a bit lower. I'll keep my out for that in the future. Broke right now though. Got out of a messy breakup with a hagwon that resulted in the police trying to find the guy, and me out like 7 grand.

20. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.