1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

I really like the combination you made, it looks great but I think that you would benefit of slimmer pants. Your SC is quite supressed and the paints are fuller cut, slimming down the pants would make the look even better, in my opinion.

Thanks, I think appearance of the suppression is exaggerated by putting my hand in my pocket. But you would not be alone in your calling for slimmer pants.

[​IMG]

2. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Thanks, I think appearance of the suppression is exaggerated by putting my hand in my pocket. But you would not be alone in your calling for slimmer pants.

[​IMG]

I think your pants are slim enough, TC. Where people most likely would like to see them slimmer is in the taper. This, however, is purely a matter of personal taste.

Mike

3. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Well, it is Friday. Been a while since I appeared on FNB, perhaps I will make the cut today. [​IMG]

I suspect your wish may be granted Mike.. [​IMG]

I am in full agreeance my shit is so far from on point today it's not even funny. [​IMG]

Yeah, sorry Spoo, coming from a guy like myself that is not afraid of bold trousers, those are just awful.

[​IMG]

This a friend of mine, I had to post it.

Looks like a guy in a sweater and a pair of jeans. Nothing remarkable here at all. Shoes are a nice color, but that's about the only thing worth commenting on.

4. Beaune Head

Beaune Head Well-Known Member

From a dinner last night. Coat is completely unlined, no canvas or nothing.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Belvest?

5. TC (Houston)

I think your pants are slim enough, TC. Where people most likely would like to see them slimmer is in the taper. This, however, is purely a matter of personal taste.

Mike

Thanks, man. The taper (and narrow leg openings for that matter) is something I regard as a bit of a fad and something I haven't bought into, even though I think they would make for more SF-approved photos. I think I get too much of the drumstick effect with a lot of taper, and I find the straighter leg to be a little more classic to my eye. I do like the tapered look on a lot of people around here, though.

6. TC (Houston)

Just in case I get lost in the snowstorm today [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The pants are crazy, but I think it's the shirt that ruins this. I think a solid pale blue could turn this one around. All in all, I give you a pass because it's Friday and the shoes are totally tits.

7. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

8. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

Hahah I havent heard "tits" used in years"!! Good post TC![​IMG]

9. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

I think the taper in pants is going to be around for a while. Every European I see has made a major investment in it. From suits to casual.

10. Duco

Duco Active Member

Thanks, man. The taper (and narrow leg openings for that matter) is something I regard as a bit of a fad and something I haven't bought into, even though I think they would make for more SF-approved photos. I think I get too much of the drumstick effect with a lot of taper, and I find the straighter leg to be a little more classic to my eye. I do like the tapered look on a lot of people around here, though.
    I can understand you choice, and see why you made it. Although, I think that a slightly more tapered pant(a narrower leg opening) would work even better. What is the foot width of the pant on the picture I commented on?
    I think the taper in pants is going to be around for a while. Every European I see has made a major investment in it. From suits to casual.
    No need to mention that I am a (for this forum; very young) European. Great look, yfyf. I really digg the purple socks that really gives the outfit something extra. Good SC pattern!

11. MadTxn

MadTxn Member

I think you've got the distance and zoom right: you used a focal length of (nearly) 60 mm now, so no more wide angle distortion. I'm not sure why the focus is off. You don't have much light there (shutter speed was 1/17, aperture F2.9 at ISO 100) You were standing still, right, and the camera was on some kind of support?

MoK and PG are two of the self-timer masters here; maybe they have some good tips.

It looks like you just missed the focus point. The door is very clear. If you decrease your aperture to F8 or 11, your DOF will be greater, allowing you more room to "miss." To compensate for the loss of light, increase your ISO to 400 (unless you can push it to 800 without noise). If you're on a tripod, the slower shutter speed that results shouldn't be a problem.

HTH

12. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

It looks like you just missed the focus point. The door is very clear. If you decrease your aperture to F8 or 11, your DOF will be greater, allowing you more room to "miss." To compensate for the loss of light, increase your ISO to 400 (unless you can push it to 800 without noise). If you're on a tripod, the slower shutter speed that results shouldn't be a problem.

HTH

Thanks, I'll try that. Now that you explain this, I think that when I hit the shutter button (with self-timer on), it autofocused on the door because that was the only thing in the picture. Then I walked over and stood in front of the door, and I was in front of the focal point.

Between decreasing the aperture and using manual focus like MoK suggested, hopefully I'll be able to get it dialed in.

13. The Louche

The Louche Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the black ties worn with brown shoes. Isn't it universally held that black and brown just don't make bed fellows?? Why not just wear a navy tie, which, IMO, would drastically imporve each of these ensembles.

Sorry to be critical, I just have a genuine bone to pick...

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

15. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Spoo, as other have said, I like the individual parts just not all together. [​IMG]

16. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

yfyf, nothing but [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] for you.

17. Fred H.

Fred H. Senior member

[​IMG]
    I'm gonna take a different tack here... I'm okay with the SC and the cordtrows but would argue for losing the tie and going with a simple BD shirt or better still a black, brown or even rust colored mock turtle. OR, keep the restathefit intact but substitute dark wash jeans (blue or black).

18. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

My tie is brown.

His name was Robert Paulson.

19. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

His name was Robert Paulson.

I lol'ed

20. ptoll

ptoll Member

[​IMG]

I love the whole thing, but especially the pants and shoes. Right on! Definitely more interesting than the boring, navy pinstripe suit, white shirt, and repp tie that I have on.

New here guys. Thanks for letting me chime in...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.