HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Today, dreary
    - damn you! HATE HATE HATE!
    Interview, so no pocketsock. I'm a little rigid as I didn't have a chance to fully relax my arms, and the camera died after this shot. The sleeves normally show about 1/4" of cuff.
    - you have come a long was in a short time.. Good stuff..
    - though I always wonder why people carry empty bags?
    thanks, best I can do, walked through the door and had my kid snap a quick pic:
    - & I hate you as well
    No one puts bingey in the corner!
    - well some one has..
    After a long, long hiatus, I present to you:
    - I was expecting a RAKE.. You look well!

2. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

FWIW I have gone up a size, 36R to 38R & this is all OTR (only tailoring is sleeve, waist in 1" & length for pants...

Personally I like the slightly fuller, longer cut. I'd trust Ethan's judgement.

I like the fabric a lot - is there a slightly brown tinge to the grey.

Only niggle is I think the tie is a shade too light with the shirt.

3. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

Passed by the mirror in the toilet at work today and realised that I was looking relatively SF-ish, so here goes. But perhaps it's just the location. [​IMG] Coat: Local bespoke (not his best work), London Lounge Gun Club 2 tweed Shirt: Local MTM Tie: Borsalino, silk knit (yes, the hat people) Watch: Eberhard Extra-Fort Automatic Belt: Orciani (horn buckle) Cords: Ralph Lauren (flat front, side adjusters) Shoes: Clarks desert boots (chocolate suede, worn out) Socks: Wool, wine colour

4. Sander

Sander Senior member

@ Phat Guido: this is the closest I've ever seen you to a fail. Seriously, I'm a little shocked. IMHO there's just not enough contrast between suit, shirt and tie. (I'm not generally a fan of the shirt, I like your subdued blues a lot more, but that's another story.) I think either a darker tie (navy, chocolate) or a darker suit (near charcoal, though I'd like changing the tie better), would make a big difference.
    Best would be (again, imho) a light blue shirt with less pattern and a navy or chocolate tie. Of course that'd be also boring, but hey...
    Re: cut - button point looks a little high in robot pose, but not in motion so it's difficult to say... Back looks good, pants could be shorter from what I see in the photos. In the robot pose you look less slim than usually, maybe more waist supression?
    Also, your tie knot is not up to your standards... you see me very surprised. So excited about the date? [​IMG]

5. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Passed by the mirror in the toilet at work today and realised that I was looking relatively SF-ish, so here goes. But perhaps it's just the location.

[​IMG] Is this your first photo post?

I like the color combo...gives me an idea for Gun Club #1.

- B

6. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Passed by the mirror in the toilet at work today and realised that I was looking relatively SF-ish, so here goes. But perhaps it's just the location.

Both location and combination are spot on for WAYWRN.

Looks good from dodgy photo. What are you unsure about regarding the SC cut? it's difficult to tell from the pose.

7. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

@ Phat Guido: this is the closest I've ever seen you to a fail. Seriously, I'm a little shocked.

I like it...I would wear it...I see some incontro influence...

- B

8. oblomov

oblomov Well-Known Member

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Wooly Wednesday.

Cold and frosty this morning and not expecting any meetings so dressing for warmth:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Details:

Chukkas: Loake 'Kempton' for Charles Tyrwhitt
    Narrow wale cords: Thin Red Line
    Button down oxford: Boden
    Cashgora unstructured sportscoat: Zegna 'Soft'
    Grenadine tie: Michelsons for Harrods
    Vintage silk PS

Lambswool Sweater - fit is a little on the large side for my liking, particularly length - has anyone successfully shrunk them through a hot wash? Might give it a go.

10. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

Embiggened historical detail shot:
    [​IMG]

You are quite a cromulent self-portraitist.

11. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

[​IMG] Is this your first photo post? I like the color combo...gives me an idea for Gun Club #1.
    Yes, my first photo with me wearing my clothes -- it's just that I occasionally do things I know I have no reason to do, so I doubt that this will become a habit. And thanks. The trousers are a sort of caramel colour IRL. The tie is navy with mid-brown stripes. And as you probably know Gun Club 2 has all sorts of colours in it: oatmeal base, crimson overcheck, then two greens, a light brown, and even some lavender (to me that's the icing on the cake).
    Both location and combination are spot on for WAYWRN. Looks good from dodgy photo. What are you unsure about regarding the SC cut? it's difficult to tell from the pose.
    The overall cut is quite good, but it suffers from a structural problem: I had originally asked for no shoulder extension whatsoever (against my tailor's advice), and the result was bad, as I have small rounded shoulders and a rather full seat. He then extended the shoulders a bit, but I feel that the overall fit and proportions of the coat have suffered from the process. I might also want to go for slightly longer coats in the future--not sure why. Finally, in that picture I've got lots of bulky stuff in the coat and trouser pockets, which doesn't help. Love your ensemble today, by the way.

12. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

It's amazing what a great jacket and amazing shoes can do. This is one of the best fits and looks I have seen on this forum. This is truly reference material.

Thank you very much, that's very kind.

- damn you! HATE HATE HATE!

Finally made PG's hate list, won't last the week I'll bet.. [​IMG]

13. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Only posting cause I got a new BAG of FRUIT..

Morning light!
    [​IMG]

This is after a days wearing..
    Not sure what happened to the shirt sleeves as there WERE there.. Maybe creases after a day?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DAMN I hate saying this, but EthanDesu is right about the length for jacket & pantalooneeeeeees.. [​IMG]
    I said SHORTER & he said not on my WATCH!

Shit all this ghey self portraits & I have a dinner date that I am going to be LATE!
    [​IMG]

Feedback?

FWIW I have gone up a size, 36R to 38R & this is all OTR (only tailoring is sleeve, waist in 1" & length for pants...​

Fantastic stuff! I like the slightly longer break, its what I've moved to for suits.

14. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Looking good PG.

15. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

After a long, long hiatus, I present to you:

Staying home with the kid because everyone and their brother is sick Tuesday

good to have you back Big A ... and i must say you look in great spirits!!

No one puts bingey in the corner!

lolz

Thanks, and yep, it's a tweed from W. Bill. Embiggened historical detail shot:
    [​IMG]

so yummy!! textures, patterns and colors all collide to create a beauty.

Love this. I'll keep my fingers crossed for further colder weather for you if you like [​IMG]

thank MoK ... but i'll pass on the cold. I miss my spring/summer clothes.

[​IMG]

i think the increase in sizing shows more on the pants, but not as much on the jacket. the drape on the pants especially from your knee going down could be tweaked a little.

i actually like the combo ... completely different and not SF conforming - but its still a gr8 play of blues and greys.

for OTR ... you are coming out very lucky.

[​IMG]

i dig your style man. its consistent and refreshing.

Wooly Wednesday.

Cold and frosty this morning and not expecting any meetings so dressing for warmth:
    [​IMG]

Details:

Chukkas: Loake 'Kempton' for Charles Tyrwhitt

Lambswool Sweater - fit is a little on the large side for my liking, particularly length - has anyone successfully shrunk them through a hot wash? Might give it a go.

nice look MoK ... i love the color of the Loake's. I tried shrinking a sweater through a hot wash once ... it shrunk alright ... shrunk about 3 sizes smaller .... lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.